Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am very angry...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I am very angry...

    I'm so angry I don't know what to do with myself..... Angry that a sweet little boy dude a horrifying death.....witnessed by his parents...all within a few steps of Disney's most exprndive hotel.... Surely, that family..who had traveled from .nebraska, had an expectation of safety...after all.... It was Mivue Nught at their luxurious Disney hotel... Everyone was having a good time...

    No one thought to warn the family...or anyone else....that a very large, deadly predator coukd be lurking so near.... There were signs prohibiting swimming, and indeed, no one was swimming....just wading in what...in Nebraska... would have been a safe place...just getting their feet wet....

    It came from out if nowhere...,and within the blink of an eye,...lives were changed forever... A mother and father saw their previous baby in the powerful jade of a monster.... Their efforts to save him were futile.... Lane wad gone.

    Floridians are well aware of the danger posed by alligators....I lived there for neatly two years, and understand this....but tourists....often coming from the Nirth.... Usually have no clue as to how dangerous any body of water can be... I heard a report today, stating thst there are well over a million aligators in Florida,mind that they are in every body of water....

    Surely ne should be safe on a Disney property.... Anyone would think so... Certainly the Graves thought nothing if wading in ankle deep water.....enjoying a fine summer evening.... There were no hotel employees there to warn them away, or signs that warned of aligators.... No one at this lovely resort ever warns patrons that danger lurks in the beautiful lagoon....

    Well.... Everyone knows now.... A grieving family will return to Nebraska a family of three, instead if the four thst came to Florida..... Looking forward to a wonderful time together... It never should have happened.. Never...


    Sandy from Cincinnati


    AKA Kermit

    #2
    Re: I am very angry...

    No, it should not have happened. This Disney mania that the country has gotten itself in (including all of my children taking their children there for a vacation). What ever happened to seeing the country. Taking a long car drive with your family, stopping at roadside hotels when you get tired , seeing the sites advertised as you go instead of thinking all of your needs need to be handled by one place. Sure, its magical...but for a family of 4...a minimum of 4 grand some times up to 10. What in the world are we thinking...do people just have too much money. Its like cruises...sure they are fun to experience, but having all of your time planned by someone else just seems so uncreative. This accident won't change anyones plans. They will just think the parents weren't paying attention...kind of like the zoo incident.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

    Comment


      #3
      Re: I am very angry...

      I agree grammaterry. Disney is a totally artifical environment and bears no relationship to the real country we live in. Yet the kids and parents (and I made a few trips there in years past myself) are relentlessly marketed this place as a destination. I was so happy when my son and his friends were past that age and we started traveling abroad instead. I think it does create a false illusion of safety just like cruises do - how many people fall off the decks of cruise ships, and how many spend their cruise time with a norovirus infection. UGH. We live in the natural world, and we can't get away from that fact. To all the folks who have loved ones planning a Florida trip, please tell them the gators are everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. Just like the snakes. And the other critters.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: I am very angry...

        Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
        No, it should not have happened. This Disney mania that the country has gotten itself in (including all of my children taking their children there for a vacation). What ever happened to seeing the country. Taking a long car drive with your family, stopping at roadside hotels when you get tired , seeing the sites advertised as you go instead of thinking all of your needs need to be handled by one place. Sure, its magical...but for a family of 4...a minimum of 4 grand some times up to 10. What in the world are we thinking...do people just have too much money. Its like cruises...sure they are fun to experience, but having all of your time planned by someone else just seems so uncreative. This accident won't change anyones plans. They will just think the parents weren't paying attention...kind of like the zoo incident.
        What gets me along with this is those same families who spend those monstrous sums of money on a trip like this, go home and complain they don't make enough to live on. I know a few on government help just so they can go to Dizzyland.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: I am very angry...

          I agree it's a sad story. But they were out there at night with do not swim signs placed around the property. Do not swim signs are everywhere here in Hawaii, but people just don't read them. We have the worst drowning rate of any island in the state. Is it Kauai's fault?
          🌺 Lorie

          Comment


            #6
            Re: I am very angry...

            Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
            What gets me along with this is those same families who spend those monstrous sums of money on a trip like this, go home and complain they don't make enough to live on. I know a few on government help just so they can go to Dizzyland.
            Don't complain if you haven't turned them in for welfare fraud.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: I am very angry...

              I tried. So, do I get to complain or is it ok if I just state a fact?

              Comment


                #8
                Re: I am very angry...

                As most of you know...we (my DD and DGK's and I) just went to Disney World. i would have never let them get anywhere near any body of water, that the bottom was not crystal clear. I am not blaming the parents...That is a nightmare that no parent should have to go through...but let's be realistic. Everyone knows, or should know of the dangers of alligators in Fl. Unless they never watch any kind of nature shows or even the news. Yes in ANY body of water, in FL, there is a high potential of there being alligators in it. There were NO SWIMMING signs posted...as in don't go in the water. (Shark attacks usually happen is less than 3 ft of water). Is Disney to blame...I don't think so...they look for alligators in all of their resorts continuously. Alligators travel and feed at night...so no matter how well you search and look, it does not mean you are going to see every one of them. That is a BIG lake...they have found and euthanized 5 other alligators in that lake while searching. Realistically the only thing Disney could do, would be to drain and fill in every body of water on all of their properties. I don't think they should have to. It was dark and they were walking in the water...not the brightest thing in the world to do in FL. It doesn't really matter that they were at an expensive resort vs a less expensive one. It could have happened at any one of them.
                As far as people spending thousands of dollars for a planned vacation...that is of no concern to anyone either. If you work hard for your $ and that is what you want to do with it...then who is anyone else to tell them that it is not right. I spend my money the way I want, without guilt, because it isn't what someone else though I should do with it...that is just plain rude to even say that. Unless someone else is supporting me, or paying my bills...don't complain about how I choose to spend my $. And yes we are planning a cruise next year. All inclusive make more financial sense to me...js.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

                Marilyn......
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: I am very angry...

                  I have to agree with Marilyn completely. There is water everywhere you go here. Why would you even think it is okay to go in water with posted signs to NOT go in the water. My heart breaks for those parents. This is a horrible incident. But it was preventable. It was a horrid accident. But Disney is not at fault.

                  I am a theme park junkie and a cruise junkie. Love them. I also love camping which we do when we can and we love to explore different areas of the US. Marilyn said it best, unless you are paying my bills stay out of my finances.

                  However, yes I would turn someone in for welfare fraud if I had information to provide, doesnt mean anything will be done about it.

                  Sandy, I too am angry this happened to that little boy and his family. We just need to be angry at the right people. However, I respect your rught to feel as you do.
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: I am very angry...

                    Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                    I agree it's a sad story. But they were out there at night with do not swim signs placed around the property. Do not swim signs are everywhere here in Hawaii, but people just don't read them. We have the worst drowning rate of any island in the state. Is it Kauai's fault?
                    They weren't just out wandering around... It was Movue Night... Movies were shown outdoors... It's a thing they fo.

                    And.. No one was swimming.... They were merely wetting their feet... You can't blame the victims...


                    Sandy from Cincinnati


                    AKA Kermit

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: I am very angry...

                      Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                      I have to agree with Marilyn completely. There is water everywhere you go here. Why would you even think it is okay to go in water with posted signs to NOT go in the water. My heart breaks for those parents. This is a horrible incident. But it was preventable. It was a horrid accident. But Disney is not at fault.

                      I am a theme park junkie and a cruise junkie. Love them. I also love camping which we do when we can and we love to explore different areas of the US. Marilyn said it best, unless you are paying my bills stay out of my finances.
                      Yay
                      However, yes I would turn someone in for welfare fraud if I had information to provide, doesnt mean anything will be done about it.

                      Sandy, I too am angry this happened to that little boy and his family. We just need to be angry at the right people. However, I respect your rught to feel as you do.
                      Signs said no swimming .... They weren't swimming... Just wading in the edge of the water,,,where someone from Nebrraska would feel safe... No.. I won't blame the victims... They weren't doing anything wrong....and when you consider where they were from, they were doing something natural for them.


                      Sandy from Cincinnati


                      AKA Kermit

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: I am very angry...

                        Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
                        I tried. So, do I get to complain or is it ok if I just state a fact?
                        I have called DSS several times in my life about people abusing the system. Once my sil was on the receiving end, living with parents and a baby. They didn't need the money. I called (1969) and was told that she had the right to get the money. I offered to pay her the amount they were getting but was turned down. I worked 3 jobs and was going to school full time. The system is corrupt. I must say, I don't care how you spend your money...I just marvel at the choices people make for little ones that won't remember much anyway.
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: I am very angry...

                          It was a movie night on the beach and the child wandered away to the water. It's not anyone's fault, just a bad set of circumstances.
                          🌺 Lorie

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: I am very angry...

                            Any body of water I have been to with posted "No swimming" signs have been enforced to include not being in the water at all. If the authorities catch you, you are ticketed and fined. That said, even people from Nebraska should know that there are gators in Florida waters unless they have been living in a cave. It is sad that the attack on the child happened, but to hold Disney at fault isn't right either.
                            K is for Karen 😊​..................
                            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


                            Before you speak,
                            T - is it TRUE?
                            H - is it HELPFUL?
                            I - is it INSPIRING?
                            N - is it NECESSARY?
                            K - is it KIND?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: I am very angry...

                              Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                              I have called DSS several times in my life about people abusing the system. Once my sil was on the receiving end, living with parents and a baby. They didn't need the money. I called (1969) and was told that she had the right to get the money. I offered to pay her the amount they were getting but was turned down. I worked 3 jobs and was going to school full time. The system is corrupt. I must say, I don't care how you spend your money...I just marvel at the choices people make for little ones that won't remember much anyway.

                              LIKE!! And in a lot of cases, it isn't for the little ones. Its for bragging rights.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X