When does it ever end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does it ever end?

I got a call from my step-daughter a few hours ago telling me her nephew, my step-grandson had been rushed to the hospital. At that point I was told he had been in an accident and had lost his left hand and would most likely lose his right one and and had serious face and head trauma. She didn't know what had happened.

She called me back and told me they were moving him from the Regional Hospital in Jefferson City to the Trauma Center at MU Medical Center in Columbia. She assured me his wife and two children were not injured at all. Then she called me back and said that the Trauma Center agreed with the regional hospital and he had lost his left hand but possibly, hopefully he won't lose his right hand. Both ear drums are pierce and his eyes are burned and many stitches in his head, face and chest. I asked what happened and she said all she knew at this point was that it was due to fireworks.

I know you aren't supposed to have favorites but he was my wifes and my favorite of the grandchildren. He grew up next door to us on the farm and his father was killed in a car accident when Mark Jr was 8. He took the divorce extemely bad and hasn't spoken to me since 2010. I'm not going to the hospital unless his wife wants me there. She has been very nice to me, but I don't want to cause problems with my two step-daughters who I'm estranged from also over the divorce.

He is such a successful young man, he has his own construction company. They have crews that travel the entire continental US putting on roofs and he started building new homes in 2011.

I don't know what to do for him, I can't force myself into his life but I still love him.

Please put the M* Positive Thoughts and prayers to work for him.

Re: When does it ever end?

Positive vibes from here.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Sending prayers for him and for you Bob!
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Praying for your and your family.

Comment

Prayers for you, and your grandson...and his family....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Sending prayers for him, his family and you Bob.
            Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

Sending prayers for you, him, his family and the medical team. God bless.
              Cindy

Comment

Sending prayers.

Jeannette

Comment

So sorry to hear such devastating news. Prayers being said for him, his family, and you as well. It is never easy to still love someone that is no longer a part of your life...hang in there.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Bob, I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy. I know you are devastated. Many prayers and positive wishes being sent your way.
                    Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Keeping you all in my prayers, hopefully they will be able to save his other hand.
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

What about sending food to the family in the Intensive care waiting room? Like Pizza and Cokes? Just to let them know you care. They will be there for days or perhaps a week... so they will get real sick of the food there. You could make up a basket of things they may need while there, wet wipes, bottled water, individual drink mix to put in the water, snack bars or snack chips, M&M's, hand sanitizer, kleenex, magazines, a puzzle, gift cards for dinner places or lunch.. ie: MCy D's... Panera, Subway, etc.

If you can't go... ask someone to deliver it for you. Tuck in a "Thinking of you" or "I Care" card.... if you can spare any cash at all, tuck some bills into the card for gas. Or a gas card.
                        Last edited by kensington; June 10, 2016, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Bob, so sorry to learn of this tragedy. I hope the medical team can spare his right hand & bring healing to all his injuries. Hope & pray no blindness results. Fireworks can be so deadly. It's unfortunate the family relationship is strained, but surely they must know you love & care about them. Your forum friends & I will be praying for healing & for your comfort through all of this. God bless!

Comment

Oh Bob, I'm so sorry to hear this. This horrific accident could be what brings your family healing so I will pray for everybody involved, but most especially that it brings healing and peace to all.
                            Robin
                            My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

BOB....((((Big Hugs))))......Prayers for you and him and his family....... stay strong......sorry life keeps throwing hurdles in our paths.......I know how hard it's been, you take care........♡♡♡♡.

....Bee
                              The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                              ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Working...
                              X