She's Married!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's Married!

On Saturday, my youngest daughter got married to a treasure of a fellow. Our entire family is just flying high with happiness. OK, I admit, we're also exhausted, but it's a joyful exhaustion. My home has been so full of house guests that we had to ask one person to sleep in our motor home each night.

My DD asked me to spearhead a signature quilt for the reception. I bought a number of charm packs from M* in her wedding colors. I then ironed the squares to freezer paper and sewed around the edges figuring everyone would realize not to write past the lines. Only one person wrote to the edge, so I count that as a successful plan.

Now I get to shop for some masculine fabric for the sashing, then sew everything together to make a quilt! I can't imagine a more satisfying project.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Re: She's Married!

How wonderful. Congratulations and I have no doubt you will enjoy some quiet time in the coming days. I look forward to seeing how that quilt turns out. It sounds fabulous.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

How lovely! Congratulations to all. Your quilt idea sounds terrific.

Comment

Congrats!!! Yay!!
        Happy Quilting!

Comment

Congratulations! Glad to hear the squares worked out so well. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Remember to take some time to put your feet up - you've earned it!
          Cindy

Comment

Congratulations!! Good luck making the perfect memory quilt for them.
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Congratulations. I love it when a plan comes together. I would love to see the finished quilt. It sounds lovely.
              Peggiep
              "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

I remember that Mother of the Bride kind of tired. I wish I had thought of making a wedding signature quilt. I hand quilted my DD and her husband a white-on-white whole cloth (king). I was hemming the binding the night before the wedding.

Enjoy your special quilt project. Congratulations to the Bride and Groom and your whole family.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Congrats all around! Sounds like it was a beautiful, happy day!
                  Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Congratulations! Can't wait to see how the quilt comes out!
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Congrats.....on the growing family...... love the idea.... of a signature quilt.
                      Please share pics.......very special project indeed.

....Bee
                      The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                      ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Where are the pics!? Congrats on a successful wedding. Sounds like it was lovely. Can't wait to see your finished quilt!

Comment

Oh I remember the days of weddings. How ambitious you were to sew around all the edges.
                          Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
                          On Saturday, my youngest daughter got married to a treasure of a fellow. Our entire family is just flying high with happiness. OK, I admit, we're also exhausted, but it's a joyful exhaustion. My home has been so full of house guests that we had to ask one person to sleep in our motor home each night.

My DD asked me to spearhead a signature quilt for the reception. I bought a number of charm packs from M* in her wedding colors. I then ironed the squares to freezer paper and sewed around the edges figuring everyone would realize not to write past the lines. Only one person wrote to the edge, so I count that as a successful plan.

Now I get to shop for some masculine fabric for the sashing, then sew everything together to make a quilt! I can't imagine a more satisfying project.
                          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                          Terry

Comment

Congratulations to all concerned. What a wonderful feeling to see your daughter marry a good man. Your signature quilt is a wonderful idea. Sew clever and would love to see a picture of it when completed.
                            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for your good wishes. I'll post some pictures when I get them. I, personally, didn't take a single one!
                              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                              X