Checking in and an update on my life.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CarolynK
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2014

Checking in and an update on my life.....

I miss being here more than once in a while but I try to keep up with everyone and what's happening here but it's only occasional for now.

The last several months have been a little tough. My Mom, with Alzheimers and other issues, is now on Hospice Care in the facility that she is in. She has been back and forth to the hospital multiple times from falling all the time (she was forgetting to use her walker) and we almost lost her about a month ago. So far she hasn't broken anything but each of these traumas set her back and she never regains where she was before the trauma. She barely recognizes me and my sisters and for the most part cannot walk anymore. It's so hard to watch her deteriorate like this. She doesn't eat much of anything and doesn't drink much either so she becomes dehydrated easily.

Then Friday, we made the decision to let my Lab, Haley pass on. I picked her out the day she was born and she's had my heart ever since. This has been an exceptionally raw and difficult weekend but we knew it was best for her. I miss her dearly. I still have two other fur kids and they are missing her too. She was their leader and made the rules. I believe they will be fine - they just need a little extra momma love right now and they're getting plenty.

There have been a few positive things - the hubs got a great pay raise this year and in the aircraft industry that rarely happens. Then a week ago, I got a promotion and a really nice pay raise. I've only been there 11 months but I must be doing something right.

I also have been doing a little sewing. A couple weeks ago, I took a Log Cabin Block class and loved it. I'm probably the only one in the universe that is intimidated by those blocks but I think I'm on my way. I made a wall hanging in the class and it really turned out nice.

I'll take a few prayers and thoughts if you have them. Thanks for listening - things will get better, I know, but this is such a long journey. Love and hugs to you all.

~~Carolyn
    sigpicCarolyn
  • mischiefkat
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2015

Re: Checking in and an update on my life.....

I think we have more than a few thoughts and prayers for you. Throw in a few hugs for good measure too. Everyone can always use a hug. Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2012

Carolyn my heart breaks for you. That's a lot to handle at once. Hospice is a great organization. My aunt decided to do it at home. It was difficult,but she still knew me. My thoughts are with you.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Monique
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2011

Nice to see you pop in. You have my prayers. My husband's family is going through the same thing with his mom although she is still at home.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• tamsterg7
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

Hugs and prayers, so sorry that you are going thru such a difficult time.

Comment

• KarenC
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2015

Thoughts and prayers for your mom and family. Treasure the good moments. Congrats on the pay raises. Those are rare everywhere these days.
            Karen
            Spring, TX

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Life sure can have it's ups and downs! Thanks for thinking of us and sharing you story of what's been going on in your life. Keep in touch!

Comment

• mommamarsh
                The Guild President
                • Jun 2014

Having been in your shoes, I am sending you hugs and prayer for comfort and peace .

Comment

• KPH
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2015

Been in your shoes. Could show you pictures of mom's skinned up arms from when she fell. Her last two years were so hard. Sending you hugs, and lots of prayers. Lean on Hospice, they are wonderful (at least those we worked with were).
                  Katrina
                  From NC, retired in FL
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzyQue
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2010

My mom has been gone now just a little over a year. I know the path you are on and the difficulty. I have walked it 3 times now. This is a sad, hard, and sometimes lonely walk. Know that I will be praying for you and your mom. It is too easy to say hold onto your memories and be grateful for your blessings, although important. Take care of you.....grieve...cry....experience the loss.....then pick yourself up and keep on. Someday you will miss even this phase of your life. It is all part of the journey, although not the easiest or happiest. I pray that you will find strength, peace, and comfort.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2013

Hugs and prayers.

Comment

• easyquilts
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2012

Oh, Catolyn.... You have been through do much..... Seeing your Mom having such a hard time, and losing your previous fur baby.... It's a lot. You certainly have my prayers...

You aren't the only one a bit Leary if the log cabin blink.... I've only made a few, and always had trouble keeping the blinks square.... Maybe I'll try again...

God Bless...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

• jjkaiser
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2013

Hi Carolyn, glad to see you back. Oh my there's a lot going on in your life right now. Sometimes life is just so darn hard and nothing seems fair. Or easy. It takes such a toll on you mentally. Come here any time you need to vent. We are here for you.
                          Jocelyn
                          South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2010

Always love getting to catch up with you. Like others, all I can offer are prayers and hugs along with the typical BTDT. Never, never easy to lose a parent and it's more difficult to see them injured and not knowing you. Painful, I know. And to lose a companion who has been with you for such a long time isn't easy either.
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Grandma Nan
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jun 2014

Carolyn, my thoughts are with you.
                              Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Working...
                              X