Windows 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10?

I keep getting pop up's to install. Do you like it? What's the difference? Any problems?
    🌺 Lorie

Re: Windows 10?

I do not have it. MM was one of the BETA testers for it and he hated it, so I figured if I stayed away from it, he'd be more willing to help me if I have computer issues
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I do like that they gave us a start button back (although that may be in the 8 update too...).

Comment

I have remained with windows 7. I looked at 8 and they said It was sort of like smart phone which I didn't have at th time. Now, I'm into my smart phone so it might be alright. However, I'm old and you know, don't like change.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

My husband got a new computer with 10 already installed. He didn't like the start screen with the huge icons and doesn't have a touch screen either. It gives you the option to go back to the old desktop and pin your preferences ~ so it looks just like the old 7 or 8 desktops.

I use my computer just for email and surfing and occasionally make a spreadsheet. Don't do anything fancy or weird so I can't see any advantage for me to change.

Comment

I stayed with 7 so far too. I heard there were lots of problems. I also heard if it was installed on your computer when you bought it there were fewer problems. It was when people tried to update older computers that the problems started.
            Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

If you have Windows 7, don't upgrade. If you have Windows 8, don't upgrade. If you have 8.1, the upgrade is good with that OS from everything I have read.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Okay, I'll stay where I'm at. Thanks!
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I refuse to put it on my computer. I also found it annoying to see that darn pop up all the time and I couldn't get it off my bottom bar. It just remained there, defiantly staring at me. I cursed it daily. After all this time I finally found a way to get rid of the darn thing. It happened quite by accident when I was looking to do something entirely different. I don't know if I could refind just how to do that again, god knows I tried enough in the past without success. BUT, if you want to get rid of the **** thing let me know and I'll see if I can retrieve it out of my deep deep memory banks within. :-)

Oh.........did I mention that that computer has been loosing steam daily lately. Last week I broke down and bought a new laptop with Win 8.1 on it. It came on Saturday and I've been setting it up. I don't know if now I'll start seeing the stupid Windows 10 box again. God I hope not but in the meantime I keep hearing that old "Jaws" music in the background of my head and I'm terrified it is getting closer and closer!
                  Last edited by Carlie Wolf; March 7, 2016, 07:45 PM.
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I hate the pop-ups that show up everywhere. However, I have Windows 10 and absolutely love it. What can I say? Yes, I am somewhat nerdy . . . but you already knew that.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I bought a new computer with Windows 10 already on it and I quite like it. I did make sure that I did it while my nerdish daughter was over here in January in case it blew my brain cells. I only use it for emails, reading the news and haunting the Missouri Star and Book Depository web sites.

I was originally on Windows 7.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the big difference is between 8. I was bummed when I had to move on from 95. lol
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I had Vista, and when my laptop keyboard broke, I went and bought a new laptop. It came with Windows 10. I was apprehensive, but I love it.

As with any new thing it takes some time to get used to it - so I would say go for it. It's stable and very different from the beta versions.

Comment

I'm old too and have been happy with 8 although last month I found my computer updating itself to a newer 8 version that took a bit of time to get comfortable with. Saving photos isn't as easy as it used to be but I'm coping with the process. The free Windows 10 download keeps popping up and someday I fear I'll click on the wrong button and it will download itself. Just don't want to spend my time getting to know another system,

Comment

My Grandaughter said "stay away from it Gramma, you won't like it". I'm taking her word, because, well, I believe her and I am also old. Don't like change! LOL
                              sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Working...
                              X