Windows 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 10?

I have 10 and have no issues with it at all.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I resisted all the pop up offers but for some reason, just yesterday when I first turned my computer on it was in the process of downloading 10, so I gave in and installed it. There's a learning curve as with anything new, but I really like it the more I learn it. I had to tweek and get rid of a few things I didn't want and it took forever to figure out the IE but I think I'll be very happy with it.

Comment

Lorie,
        I have Window 10 and like it....but I don't think it was an upgrade. I don't seem to have any issues with it. IF you like, I will confirm this with my DH that it wasn't an upgrade.

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I had it and hated it. Lost most of what I had on the computer when I up dated. The free up date cost me because I had to take the computer in to be fixed right after the up date.. Had more problems and don't like the aps. So I backed up my files and went back to factory reset and now I have my windows 7 back.
          sigpic
          Hugs Ann

Comment

I was an early adopter, and I like it much better than Windows 8. It just seems more intuitive to me.

Comment

I was told to stay away from W10 too. I keep getting that dang pop-up too and hate it. I have W7 and it works good for me.

Comment

If you already have 8 Lorie, 10 is not much different. Oh, and I have no issues with 10.

Comment

I'm still sitting on the fence. From what I've been told, Windows 7 will be supported until 2020, then everyone will be required to go to W10. I've been in contact with our senior center, where they offer computer classes. I'm signed up to take a class, but I'm wait listed. One person told me W10 was like W7 on steroids! lol Another person said they're sticking with W7. W10 is a free download until July, after which one will have to buy it. I heard it takes 3-4 hrs. for the download. If I decide to go with W10, I'll one of the computer people do it for me. Yes, the pop-ups are irritating, but I just click out of them.

Comment

I changed to W10 for the same reasons that JCY said and I have had few problems with this and believe me, I am very computer illiterate

Comment

My Windows 7 computer has been overheating, so we bought a new one before Christmas. It has 10, and so far I like it. I got a Windows 10 for Dummies book and it has come in handy several times. DH downloaded 10 on his, and he likes it OK, but thinks mine works easier and quicker. He thinks he is a nerd, so when he uses my new one, it gets messed up. I don't mind him helping me with problems, but wish he would leave it alone otherwise! That has been an ongoing problem since we got our first computer. There is a learning curve with 10, but so far it's not too bad. I'm old also...78! Once you get it set up the way you want it, it can work just like 7. The new computer keys are more sensitive than my old one. That's where a lot of my problems come from. Things keep disappearing, but I'm pretty sure that's my fault...at least most of the time.

Comment

I downloaded windows 10 when it first came out, and cannot say I have had any problems. Yes, there is a learning curve, but that is with anything new. I am 73 and definitely not computer literate, but like I said I have had no problems other than the learning curve.

Comment

Well I haven't gotten a pop-up since I asked this.I don't want to pay for it, so I'll decide when it pops up again. lol
                          sigpic

Lorie

Comment

Working...
                          X