Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Monday

Good Morning all of you Lovely Folksies

I feel as if I have been a caged bird - and we are all familiar with why the caged bird sings . . .
    Spring is peeking in this week and may I say how absolutely ready I am for it? I am doing the happy Snoopy dance.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes for Mom. She is back to her old self again. Tomorrow we see the dr for the fluid to be drawn out of that neck thing. Hopefully we will have results soon enough. Last week while staying with her, I was able to do some handwork - And it wasn't for the crochet to fabric blocks. I am needing to get to the store to get the right yarn/thread for it. Most of the photos I have seen show the regular wooly type of crochet yarn. I am thinking more of the thread type of yarn but not the real skinny thread. Don't you love how descriptive I can be? That's because I don't have enough coffee and have not been awake long enough to get the proper words out yet. Yep. It's still a bit early even for me.

Yesterday afternoon Luscious and I spent 3 hours raking and cleaning up the back yard. You may think to yourself, haven't they already done that? Yes. And No. Not finished. We have a very large yard and even larger oak trees. Those leaves and ankle breakers - known to most as acorns - were everywhere. The winter this past winter and emerging spring have been relentless. Not to mention that we don't work as hard and fast as we used to. I don't like working in the back 40 ( as I call it) by myself too much. You may remember my encounter with the bear, so, nuff said.

Today I intend on cleaning my own house a wee bit. Perhaps a short visit with Sis and DD as well. Morning coffee always goes so much better with laughter.

Hope each one here has a Marvelous Monday with a few giggles and plenty of smiles.

masterpiece.jpg[/CENTER]
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Happy Monday

Good Morning, Blondie and all!

Bear encounter? Hhmm...no I missed that one! Glad to hear Mom is well.

Not much in the way of sewing happening at my house these days. Still working six days a week and 10 hours most of them. I do believe I am going to reward myself with a really cute little hand crank Singer 66 I have had my eye on this coming payday, though.

Saying prayers for all in need - and especially thinking of Cyndi, her brother and family these past few days. We got word yesterday that a long time neighbor died of brain cancer. She was just 56. It really has been a tough year all around.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day!
    Donna

Comment

Morning! It is Monday and with it I find more rain. Which is ok, because it's not snow and it's bringing Spring with it! Trees are in bloom here, and to me that's HOPE! I love the change in this season the most!
      Blondie I get the bear. It's why I don't like to walk my neighborhood alone. I really don't think my little Mollie would be much help in an encounter, so no thank you!
      We had DGD here this weekend, she is such a joy! It's always such a good time just hanging out with her. I'm so happy that, even though she's nearly 16 (#wheredoesthetimego?) she still loves to hang out with us.
      Just a few chores to do today and I'm in my sewing room. I started two new quilts last week and I may start another this week! It's a new experiment...will I get more done if I have more started? I'll let you know!
      That's it from here for now! Have a wonderful Monday, smile for no special reason and hug someone you love! We all need those!
      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Morning Everyone,

We had a busy weekend. We worked at the apartments all day Saturday and pretty much rested all day yesterday.

Having PC trouble. Will try more later.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Morning Blondie and others. Glad to see you back and momma is doing well. The other day as we were getting in the car we seen a huge raccoon wandering around the neighbors garbage cans.It was broad daylight so a bit frightening and they are so creepy to see walking with their hunched up backs.Love their cute faces though. Worries me a bit because my son goes to work early like 2am some days and 4am some days...still dark and he has had to make a dash because of skunks before. He parks on the other side of the park from our home.
          Have a great day all.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Good Morning all. Happy Monday. Glad to hear your mom is back to her old self again Blondie. It was a busy Saturday around the house this weekend. The last few weekends have found us here and there and involved in things other than our usual regular Saturday routine. So this weekend I was determined to get some house work done. Dh helped a lot and we even opened the windows and got some fresh air circulating through the house. Yesterday was a more relaxing day with some time spent in my sewing room and then last night watching the Finale of Downton Abbey. I will miss that show.

I am dealing with a clogged ear this morning. It has been giving me a problem for about a week now and I'm getting tired of only having half of my hearing ability. I think it may be connected to some sinus congestion I am having too.

Time to get ready to move this day along. Have a good Monday all.
            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning dear friends. Blondie, glad to hear about your Momma.

Well I was back early Friday morning from retreat. I was afraid my water would have frozen as there was no one home. But it wasn't, although the back roof had to be shoveled, which I did on Saturday.

I accomplished a lot at retreat. 2 quilt tops completed and we all made a wallet which was fun to do. I also started the quilt for Maizyn as well. All in all it was a great week. I did have to boost a car three times and she ended up with a flat. OYE! But all in all, it was fabulous. I will get some pictures posted later.

Yesterday I was out getting a bed for Maizyn. Today I hope to get some furniture moved. I haven't been sleeping well at night so I took a pill last night and slept much better. I may get a lot accomplished today.

Have a great day friends.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good Monday morning to all! Busy, busy here. Spent Thurs. and Fri. With my parents (85 & 86) who live 120 miles away. Came home Fri. night so I could attend our guild retreat. It was my first (still new at this!). It was great fun and I got an opportunity to stitch all day! I'm on Spring Break this week so I left yesterday morning to head to CO to visit my son and his family. The other 4 live close to us so this one gets me for breaks. Hubby couldn't come since our sheep are lambing and it's calving season (he's a vet) so I'm traveling solo. Just looked outside the hotel here in central Nebraska and it's so foggy you could cut it with a knife! So, no sewing this week - but lots of time with four grandchildren! Hope everyone has a great week!
                Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Good morning, everyone. I haven't been getting much quilting done lately. I have been busy helping sort books for the annual used book sale in our area..........only 11 days away! Time for all the last minute sorting, and other details that need to be finished.

If you are going to be in the area and like to read.........check out the sale!

I also have two guild meetings this week. Our regular meeting tonight and the new modern guild meeting later in the week! The modern guild was just started up 2 months ago. I think it's going to be fun!

Hope you all have a good day. Hugs and prayers to those in need of them. Cyndi, thinking of you & your family.
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Good Morning Blondie, Glad Mom is doing better. Everyone has been busy this weekend.

Bright and sun shiny this morning and hoping that sunshine comes with some warming as I'm tired of Winter. Have my work cut out for me this week - besides regular stuff DH's BDay is Wednesday, my baby sister's surprise 65th BDay party is Sat., family over on Sunday for DH's Bday AND I must finish baby James' quilt by the weekend. New Grandparents, DS#2 and DIL, will soon be leaving to see their first grandchild and be part of his Christening and they will bring the quilt and our other gifts with them. I usually have a first baby's quilt ready for the baby shower but since DGD C lives in New Orleans there wasn't one. Without a firm deadline I always end up finishing projects at the last minute.

Time to get a move on, first a coffee refill to pump my engine. coffee break.jpg
                    Last edited by MayinJerset; March 7, 2016, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Good Morning all -
                      Playing catch up here on the forum now that I'm feeling more normal!
                      Donna - that handcrank sounds like a gem!
                      Libby - I think we're of the same mindset with the 'starting more projects' theme
                      Barb - hope you get your puter fixed...
                      April - I'm always nervous letting Ella out when I smell skunk!
                      Ginny - praying that your ear will get un-clogged
                      Monique - a retreat sounds lovely...
                      Brenda - have fun with the grands!
                      Pam - wish I was closer for that book sale!
                      May - lots of reasons to celebrate

Lots to do, but I'm still taking it easy - I will do some housework though.
                      Have a great day all...

Comment

A very good morning to you all. Last week we got dumped on with snow and frigid temps.....now it over +3C and heading towards +15C this week. March has always been an unpredictable month, but hope blazes brightly that spring is on its way.

Have been getting my house cleaning chores all up to snuff......that wonderful spring cleaning urge is alive and well! Even managed to get some quilting bits done. Still working on the Big Star quilt for my youngest. Got the brilliant (??) idea to do a pieced top for the back of it. I just know I have bitten off way more than I can chew with this as the whole thing is now being 'built' by the seat of my pants rather than a pattern. My hubby keeps giving me those "you gotta be kidding me" looks. It's for my baby girl......why not make it as special as she is!!!! (Don't you just love those ad-lib justifications )

Blondie, so glad to hear your Momma is doing better. LOL, totally relate to running into a bear; though I was camping at the time and not here in the city. Now it's just close encounters with raccoons and skunks.

You all have a great day, and may you see all those wonderful little 'miracles' that happen every day.
                        Sandy B.
                        "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

Good Morning, All: back from my son's house and my quilt retreat. Tired - but great. BLondie, glad mom is doing better. UGH with the shingles. My mom had it on her head - nasty. My husband also had it on it head and over eye - fortunately, did not get on the eyeball. Then year later - it reappeared. Both times it appeared after he was laid off from work YES, stress is a big factor.

Quilt retreat was great - got my block of month project done, took 2 years but top is done - Actually sang the Hallelujah chorus - will post pic in show & tell.

Weather has been strange this whole season - crocus are starting to pop up - great sign. Still have tons of limbs to clean up after our couple of storms. Oh, Boy! More exercise.

Here's to a great Monday to all. Enjoy!

Comment

Good morning! DH and I have been getting ready for summer fishing. We were fishing on the lake yesterday bundled up in 3-4 layers of clothes but this week it's supposed to be in the 70s so we hope to spend a couple of warm days fishing before a week of rain moves in. Today is the guild's weekly sit-n-sew. I've got another donation quilt ready to bind and I'm going to check the colors in the donated fabric before I cut into mine. I hope everyone has a great day!
                            *~* Myrna *~*
                            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Good morning all!
                              I haven't been on much lately. We are remodeling the kitchen. Almost done yay!!! Then on to the bathrooms.
                              Blondie, so happy Mom is better. I need to get outside and do some work but the wind has just been horrendous!! Not a fan of the wind.
                              Everyone have a great week. And like Blondie said I hope we all have some giggles and smiles!
                              Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                              X