boB's world is changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boB's world is changing

I have shared this news with some individuals so far, but since it is getting closer I decided to share it on the forum.

I am moving from Jefferson City to Fulton, MO. It is about 25 miles from where I currently live. I was born in Fulton and lived here until about 12 years old and returned while I was in college. I haven't lived here since 1985 or 86. I have a friend who lives here that doesn't have any family left and has cancer, so i am moving in with him to help him keep his home up. This also puts me closer to my brother who has cancer.

I'm sad leaving the place i've called home for the past six years, but I think it is time. I'm trying to keep this as a positive move for me as well, some of my health issues have gotten worse and hopefully this will help resolve some of them. I moved much of my sewing/quilting treasures (or as some would say junk) today. i plan on making the complete move in about two weeks. I may not be very active on the forum, as I am packing and getting things ready for moving.

Please keep me in your positive thoughts and hopefully I'll be back on the forum more when I get setted. I will probaby lurk and try to keep up with everyone.

Re: boB's world is changing

I am sure your help will be greatly appreciated and I hope you will benefit from this move as well. To put this in perspective for me, I looked at the map. I see you're ONE MINUTE closer to MSQC....you can just tell us....it's OK...
    Barbara
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

You are such a good friend to do that. Hopefully, every things is great for both of you.

Comment

Bob, sorry to hear you have to move when you are having your own health problems, but once you are settled in I imagine you will feel relief being closer to help your friend and see more of your brother. And just to be clear, it's not quilting junk. It's quilting junque. Sounds tonier, doesn't it?

Comment

Just throw a couple nitwits in the backseat and the new place will feel like home in no time.
          K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

All positive vibes coming from me dear friend... and YES,, you are a dear friend for helping your buddies... that is after all what we are put here for right.... I just know this will be a good thing for you Bob... My thoughts and prayers are for you as well, that your health issues improve and allow you to do all the things you love so much... Take care... Good Luck.. Hugs, GrammaBabs)
            "Each day well-lived and Happy;
            that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Just for the record I am not taking up residence at Fulton State Hospital. It is the oldest continuously operated mental hospital West of the Missouri River. LOL

Comment

boB, praying that you have a safe, smooth move. Praying for your health. I am glad that you are able to help your friend and will be closer to your brother.

Comment

Best wishes for a positive outcome! Really, good luck on the move, enjoy your time with family and friends. Hope to see you in Sept.
                  Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Good luck and try not to stress. Listen to great music and have fun with the move.

Comment

Bob, good luck in your new adventure! You have such a positive personality that I just know you will do great in your new home. You are a good friend to help out your friend.

I hope your health is good too, I really hope I get to see you at another retreat soon!
                      Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

You are a wonderful friend to take this challenge on. I hope your own health issues make a positive change, too. Hopefully you will settle in and be back on the forum soon. It is always fun to read your posts. Take care.
                        Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Change can be scary but usually brings along something good that was unexpected. I know your brother and friend will be happy to have you right there looking after them, helping others is good therapy for yourself tooYou know when you move its the last load that gets thrown out because there is no room for it, so it was smart of you to move all your quilting stuff first!

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
                            Just for the record I am not taking up residence at Fulton State Hospital. It is the oldest continuously operated mental hospital West of the Missouri River. LOL
                            I think you should have state this from the get go!!!
                            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
                              Thanks for clearing that up for us! LOL!

Seriously, good luck in your move and you are indeed a good friend to do this.

Comment

Working...
                              X