Sending my "daddy's girl" to the bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending my "daddy's girl" to the bridge

I don't post much but read a lot on here. I posted a while back about my greyhound Barbie. Two Julys ago she was diagnosed with osteo in her LF leg. We amputated in August, 5 rds chemo. She has been GREAT for all this time. On Friday, I noticed she had been having worse than usual breath (greyhounds have notoriously bad teeth), and peeked in her mouth. Red, swollen gums. Took her in Saturday morning-tumors in her mouth. X-rays of her chest showed one large and 3 small tumors.

FYI, osteo has a 75% of metastasizing by the time an initial diagnosis is made (leg tumor). And a 95% chance of returning with a year. Racing greys and rotties are seem to have the largest percentages of occurrence.

We knew all this going into her amputation. We knew it would come back. **** cancer. My g-ma had it, stepmother-twice, 2 sisters-in-law, aunt. What is the purpose of it?

We have done all we can do. She is just fine now but know it will be a very short time-week or two- before the real pain sets in. She has come so far and want to give her every last day. She is symptom free as we know it. I do not want her to have any suffering. She has more than earned it.

Please pray, or send good thoughts for me, my wife, my 2 kids, and Diego(greyhound)-Barbie's nephew as we get through this tough time.

Re: Sending my "daddy's girl" to the bridge

My heart goes out to you - I have mourned my share of animals over the years, and they are as dear as family. My thoughts and prayers are with all your family.
    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.I will be saying prayers for comfort and strength for Barbie and your family.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Praying for your dog, you and your family during this time.

Comment

So sorry to hear this. And I agree, f*** cancer!
          Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

I will be praying for you, Barbie and your family. Your post emphasizes how much our pets are a part of our family. Praying she will not suffer.

Comment

Sending good thoughts. I know how devastating a loss of a pet can be.
              Wendy
              http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Thinking about you and your family during this sad time.

Comment

Very sorry to hear about Barbie. It's very difficult to lose a furbaby.
                  :icon_rolleyes:There are 3 kinds of men
                  The one who learns by reading
                  The few who learn by observation
                  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence themselves
                  Will Rogers
                  :icon_shake:

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. Harry S Truman
                  :icon_shake:

Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction.
                  :icon_giggle:

Comment

My thoughts are with you and your family.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

losing a beloved pet is heartbreaking... I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through.... I know from experience how gut wrenching it is to make that final decision..... My heart aches for you....and your precious Barbie...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

So sorry for your devastating diagnosis. Our beloved animal children are just here too short a time. I will be praying for you and yours.

Comment

my thoughts and prayers are with you right at this time for you and your family. i am with you - what purpose does that horrible curse serve? thank you for being a faithful Daddy to Barbie and showing her the love we should all experience in our lives. God bless you. She will be waiting for you.
                          Sewing mends the soul.
                          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I'm so sorry. Just know you've given her a good life and I'm sure she knows how much she is loved.

Comment

Praying for you through this tough time

Comment

Working...
                              X