Clear All

• Is it Spring yet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	e121988b07dae0b30f23a75ee73c31ee.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1668648

Good Morning and hello, Folksies

I am running late - what else is new. School is back in session today and is on a two hour delay. I have had my husband home from work for two weeks. Count 'em two weeks. First was exam week, where he only drove the bus and was home during the school hours. Then there were three days off - MLK Day, two teacher workdays. Then we had the snow. A big bunch of it. We lost power for a wee bit, which was fine. Didn't last too long. However, The Hill was FINALLY scraped yesterday afternoon. And we lost power again for about 2 hours. My sleep schedule is all messed up, my days are hard to decipher - I am posting here because it is the most recent daily entry I have seen. So, Wednesday it is! Huzzah!

Ok, so all you ladies dealing with men who are retired - tell me how you do it? I love my man more than I love potato chips and hershey bars - I just get nothing done when he is home. I am going to try to turn a new leaf regarding that and need suggestions! Last week just before the snow arrived we went to a retirement meeting to see just when it is feasible and logical for him to retire. Oy. Vey. I am so not ready for this. My small little apple cart is gonna need a new tire!

This weekend DD and her hubs will make their first foray into Florida. (say that three times fast) Sis and I will babysit the dogs and stay at their house. After being snowbound, we are both looking forward to some sister time.
    I need to bind a few quilts and finish crocheting a warm muffler for me. I am grooving on getting this one done. It is nothing fancy - just double crochet about 7 inches wide. Don't ask how long it will be because it will be long enough when I am done. I have 3 skeins of yarn and only used a little bit to make Gracie and one of my sister's dogs hats out of.

If you are happy and you know it, smile. If you love your husband but need me time each day and haven't had it for 3 weeks, raise your hand and say I feel your pain. If you regret reading this but still feel my pain, thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1470166_10152028847955169_1683903988_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1668649
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Is it Spring yet?

Good Morning: I feel your pain! I just retired - hoping I would have at least a year before hubby retired. But, NO, he is retiring in April - then we are looking at a move south (TN or NC - still looking around) I keep telling him - He BETTER find a part time job. Like you, I love him, but there are limits!! Have a terrific day everyone - Yes, it is Wednesday - Choir practice tonight.

Comment

My husband has been retired for three years. He got so bored the first year he found a part-time job. I wish he would find a hobby other than going on cruises with his brother or our daughter. He has always loved to travel and I don't begrudge him taking a couple of trips a year. I just wish he would budget better.

Comment

Everybody needs some "me" time. It sounds like your husband needs a hobby of his own. How about golf or wood working? My DH is happily engaged playing interactive on line games. He can play solo or in groups. He wears a headset with a built in microphone to talk with the other players. His favorite is Star Wars.

Oddly enough spring has already arrived early here in Texas. The daffodils are up but not blooming yet, the roses are blooming, and the bluebirds are nesting in the bird house already.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

How great to see you stick your head out of the snow pile!!

I'll send LL a coloring book and a giant box of Crayolas!!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

My husband is retiring within the next few weeks. The exact day we are not sure of, it will be when this project is complete. The man has worked since he was 10 years old constantly (he is due some rest). He really doesn't have hobbies other than reading. I give him about 6 months before he is climbing the walls and looks for a job. His work has taken him out of town at times for days and other times years, so I am used to having my alone time etc. I also love him to death, but I am not sure how I really feel about having him here 24 hrs /7 days a week. I am interesting in finding out how others have dealt with this and I am really feeling bad that I feel this way.

Comment

Hello Blondie and friends of the forum, I think you´re right, men retire when things look very dark and not know what to do and believe that women should be eye on them all day,so it is interesting to seeking a hobby is different, my DH was retired two years ago but is coming to your company and does office work but that does not attend day is dedicated to stroll through the surrounding mountains (The mountaineering is a very popular sport in my country) or will to fish a small boat you have, so let me enough free time for me I hope find something that makes you happy and you have time to share with us and make this work so fond, send greeting and wishes everyone this good

Comment

I thought you might be gone till Groundhog DAY!! Welcome back, girlfriend.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Retirement was hard at first. DH missed having people to talk to as well as the work itself. Now he is involved in all sorts of hobbies as well as senior golf. I managed that first year by getting a part time job at a local quilt store. DH was forced to entertain himself while I was at work.

Comment

I can sort of relate. My DH had three weeks off over Christmas/New Years because he had shoulder surgery on January 6, and he has been working part days for the last two weeks. He is in a sling for 6 weeks (3 weeks today, so 3 to go). I have been unemployed since August 31 and have my things that I like to do and he has been cramping my style. He is a woodturner in his spare time, which he obviously can't do (forgot to mention that it was his right shoulder and he is right handed) and probably won't be able to do for 3-6 months. So when he is home, I feel like I have to keep him company. Sigh.

Comment

Glad to see you back, Blondie! We've all certainly been thinking of you!

About husbands. They can be a pain when underfoot. But when they are taken from you too soon, you sure do miss them! We never spent retirement time together except after mine was diagnosed with brain cancer, and our remaining time was spent in doctor's offices and hospitals. Enjoy life together while you can. Travel, dine out, play! It's important!

Cutting out a NCW to keep my busy until my backing comes for my daughter's quilt. Plus still working on putting the sewing studio together. Yesterday was a bust, nothing really accomplished! Hopefully today won't be a repeat of that!

Comment

1. Spring begins in 22 days: 2016 Spring Training Reporting Dates

2. *waves hand* I feel your pain! My DH is SOOOO wonderful, but in the evenings after work when I want (no, NEED) to go spend some quality time in my sewing room, he acts like he's so lonely without me. Not complaining, mind you, because I'm pretty sure I'd be really upset if he did NOT want to spend time together. I've invited him to come in my sewing room and watch TV on the computer while I sew, but he has graciously declined that offer (I actually think he may be afraid he'll get sucked into the quilting vortex).

3. What was it that lady said when her hubby retired? "For better or worse, but not for lunch!"

Have a great day, ladies!

Comment

Happy that you're back Blondie.

My DH retired a few years before me so when I retired I cramped his style. LOL.

Comment

Hey, I've lived our whole married life with my DH underfoot and I do understand. The joys of self employment. There are days when I get nothing I planned to do done. On the other hand, we are approaching our 40th anniversary and we are still best friends, so we make it work.
                            sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

It took a good 6 months for us to find a routine after DH retired. Part of the time he helped my with my drapery business but that has been closed for 6 years now. We have a routine that usually doesn't involve one another during the day. He plays golf twice a week when we have good weather but this time of year he just watches it on TV. He does help by cleaning the floors and sometimes folding laundry.
                              It works OK and I could not do without him.

Comment

Working...
                              X