2016- Is that you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016- Is that you?

Hello, Good Morning & Howdy Doody Folksies !

Christmas is now a blur, New Years a closer fly by and here we are in 2016 and Tuesday for crying out loud! Ye gads what in the world - how did that happen? Tuesday already???? Luscious and I were given a weekend away by DD and her dear sweet hubby for the New Year weekend. We spent the weekend in Williamsburg, Va. I can't remember the last time hubs and I went anywhere totally by ourselves. All I can say is, I could've stayed away longer and lived in that timeshare. My goodness, I loved the life of luxury for the short while we were there. The mattress was perfect, not one lump or spring to be felt, the bathroom had double sinks, and toilets that flushed the first time - both of 'em! Of course, it was good to come home. On the way home, we drove through foggy snow flurries. While we were glad to get away, it was okay to come home. Gracie really missed us (more like her Daddy). I walked across the street to hug on Beau. Middle Son Josh said Beau was having separation anxiety from me.
    So we are home and I need to get cracking. Haven't done any house work in a few weeks. Too much going on during the week after Christmas between family doings and work. I feel like I need to wake up from a dream.

So, have you added to your bucket list this new year? I have. Any look at my pinterest page is testimony to that nugget. Off to find the coffee pot, just a plain old Black and Decker coffee maker, not the fancy schmancy Kuerig at the resort. Hey, it makes coffee just fine.

Hugs, smiles and lots of love and good wishes to all.

Last edited by Blondie; January 5, 2016, 04:15 AM.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: 2016- Is that you?

Blondie,
    Happy new! I checked out you Pinterest boards-- beautiful quilts.

Comment

Morning, sweet Blondie! I envy your get-away with DH....I would enjoy that kind of weekend as well. And, I have a good old Black and Decker coffee pot, too! I've have two cups already!

Massive adjustments going on....

Navy daughter, Ashley and Conner have been home over a week. Grandson still isn't sleeping through the night yet! Ashley's things should arrive today sometime, to store in our garage. And I packed up my sewing room so Ashley and Conner could have the spare bedroom. There is a ton of fabric, notions and machines to re-organize and have any chance of creating again until Ashley and Conner move into their own place?

I gave my notice at current place of employment...8 months seemly wasted. I start a new company next Monday. I have high hopes that this new job will be the right fit since moving to the River Valley area of Fort Smith. There has been enough disappointment up to this point of surviving.....
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Good Morning, Happy New Year: BLondie - I love your posts. I gives me a chuckle. I, too, have plain old B&D coffee maker. Set the timer - and wake up to smell of coffee brewing - what more can you want! Sherri - hang in there. I worked at a job I hated for 2 1/2 years until I could find another one. Just retired from that job after 26 years. It was well worth the wait. NOW, trying to figure out what day am I on? No calendar in front of me - no getting up to get on the road by 6:30 - what I missed the most on my 1st official retirement day was the catching up with co-workers and their families. Since we hope to move sometime the middle of the year, I started going through fabric stash - pack what I know I won't be using immediately, weeding out what I know I won't be using -- donate to next quilt guild "ways & means" raffle. WOW - look at the room on that shelf! NO, I can't go out and restock! Oh, darn!

Have a terrific day - stay warm. Hang tight! Pat

Comment

"Sherri - hang in there. I worked at a job I hated for 2 1/2 years until I could find another one. Just retired from that job after 26 years. It was well worth the wait. "

Patsquilting...that's all I've ever wanted, sweetie....I thought I had that when I started at Western Auto Supply Co in downtown Kansas City, MO in 1990; I would have had 26 years completed March 2016. Since 1997, it's appalling how many times I have changed jobs due to business ethics and work environment. I guess, it's because I am "old school" and I have high expectations of myself and those I work with. Unfortunately, in today's society, the work force has no "pride" in work ethic(s) and too much greed on prior companys has the root of demise.

I have been victim of company's selling, caring too much, using common sense instead of complying with a piece of paper that states I am intelligent. At 51 years of age...I guess I would be thrilled to experience 5 years with a company and be an asset with pride and a sense of accomplishment/respect.
          Last edited by shermur; January 5, 2016, 04:37 AM.
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Good Morning Blondie! We were also able to get away for New Years on a Gift Cert. my kids gave us for our 40th last year. We went with BIL and SIL and had an awesome time! We added a night to the getaway because none of us were ready to go back to reality. Ate too much, laughed too much and did a ton of walking and talking. We always have so much fun together and made a New Years promise to do it more often.

I got a Ninja blender for Christmas so I'm making it my goal to learn the art of nutritious smoothies. Lots of ideas on the internet, I'm having fun and making Hubs happy with my practice!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday. Cannot believe this is 2016. Where o' where does the time go??

Hugs!
            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Morning all
              Many of us up early this morning! I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm glad to get back to some semblance of a routine.
              Blondie, I'm so glad you and hubby were able to get away - well deserved rest for you Williamsburg is one of the places I'd return to in a heartbeat if possible - only not in August
              I cleaned my sewing room yesterday, now I'm ready for more action. I've a few ideas in mind, we'll see what happens. I bought some plastic shoebox containers, and placed some of those hard to store items: scrap batting and stabilizer, applique' pieces, orphan HST's, purse fabric, and the fabric for the 365 quilt! They are clear so I can see what is in them
              Have a great day all...

Comment

Hi cute Blondie so look forward to your posts. Sherri it will work out for you I believe it always works out in the way that is best for us.
                I have been working on Quilting my 10 year old quilt. It has been made for a long time, just life, marriages baby's etc have intruped my progress. It is now inn process of Quilting hope to finish it up today. No other major plans except to heart Dr they need to check on pacemaker. Hope all have a fabulous day. Cecelia

Comment

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
                  Morning all
                  Many of us up early this morning! I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm glad to get back to some semblance of a routine.
                  Blondie, I'm so glad you and hubby were able to get away - well deserved rest for you Williamsburg is one of the places I'd return to in a heartbeat if possible - only not in August
                  I cleaned my sewing room yesterday, now I'm ready for more action. I've a few ideas in mind, we'll see what happens. I bought some plastic shoebox containers, and placed some of those hard to store items: scrap batting and stabilizer, applique' pieces, orphan HST's, purse fabric, and the fabric for the 365 quilt! They are clear so I can see what is in them
                  Have a great day all...
                  I'm curious to know what fabric you chose for the 365 quilt.....can you post a pic; I'm still trying to figure out what to use and how many different colors/patterns of fabric I'm gonna need.

Comment

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
                    I'm curious to know what fabric you chose for the 365 quilt.....can you post a pic; I'm still trying to figure out what to use and how many different colors/patterns of fabric I'm gonna need.
                    Carol, I have the Union Blues JR in my stash, and some leftover Lexington. I'll need to get some really dark blues, then I'll figure out the rest as I need it!

Comment

Good morning Blondie. It is nice to have you back.

I now have a full out knock out cold, ten times worse than the man cold. I am getting so tired of coughing. I am supposed to attend a meeting tonight but I am wondering if I should cancel.

I received my order from Craftsy yesterday. BOY that was fast shipping. I ordered just before New Years. Lovely fabric, not disappointed at all. I made myself the large orange peel template and would really like to make this quilt. I should write down all the quilts I would like to make.

We are still in a deep freeze today. -25C translates to -13F. That is FREEKING COLD! It won't last long thank goodness but I hate the cold.

Have a great day friends. Stay WARM!!
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good morning everyone. Blondie, it's so good to see you back. Sounds like you had a great getaway with Luscious.....I love Williamsburg too.

I have so many projects on my todo list....I'll probably need to sew all day every day for the next 6 months to get it all done. And my first quilt came back from the LQS a week before christmas (6 weeks early). It looks so beautiful....I just keep looking at it,feeling it, unfolding and refolding it.....just can't believe I made it. I need to get the binding and a sleeve for hanging sewn on. It's supposed to hang on the wall, but right now I have it folded on the back of our couch and I love how it looks there.....not sure it's ever gonna make it to the wall - LOL. I'll post a pic later.

Good luck with your new Job Sherry.

Celia - hope you have a good pacemaker check up. I've had a pacemaker since 1968....yep you read that right - 48 years. Hardly know I have it, except of course until it comes time for a generator change and I've lost count of how many of those I've had. Used to be a week's stay in the hospital.....now it's done outpatient!!!

Have a great day everyone

Comment

Good morning everyone. Brrrrrrr -- our coldest morning since last March here. It was 12 degrees with a windchill below zero when I woke up this morning. I've got layers ready to put on to keep myself warm at work. I have a vent over my area that blows nothing but cold air even though "they" insist it's heat. And since I am not the only one complaining about how chilly it was there yesterday, I know it's not just me.

Blondie, glad to hear you and hubby had a nice getaway. Dh and I haven't been away in a while. I'm thinking we need a trip to our favorite B&B in CT in the not-too-distant future. Sherri, glad to hear you are going to be beginning a new job next week. Try not to think of your time at your last position as completely wasted time. I am sure you learned things while you were there and are taking something from that time with you or at the very least, it served as a job to tide you over until a better one came along. And enjoy Ashley and Connor!

Have a great day. Stay warm and cozy.
                          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Cheers in the New Year to all! Glad to hear everyone is getting along fine! Nice to hear you got a little get away for the new year Blondie! Sherry best wishes in your new job! Have a great day everyone!
                            Mary
                            SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Morning Everyone,

Blondie, it's so good to have you back. It sounds like you and LL had a great getaway. Jeff and I need to do the same thing.

Sherri, I'm glad you accepted the new position. Best of luck.

My friend Verna died suddenly last weekend and her services will be today. She was a pillar in our community as well as a good friend. Please pray for her husband Jim and their five children and grands.

Yesterday I packed away our Christmas things and we took them to storage when Jeff got home. The house looks so bare.

I have much to do today. Have a blessed day everyone.
                              Last edited by Bubby; January 5, 2016, 05:34 AM.
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X