Why I can't get things done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I can't get things done

I joined the forum in September and now I can't get the day started without checking in! Then logging on several times of the day to boot. I find I am getting behind on my daily chores I did a forced retirement in May and have been trying to clean out/up one room at a time. I am finding it: cathartic, satisfying, frustrating, boring and needed. At the moment I am sitting in the middle of piles of things that I have to deal with. I really want to head into the quilting room and work on the mug rug that keeps whispering my name. So far hubby hasn't made comment so I don't have much guilt about doing a better job. It helps that he's getting wonder scratch made meals. Do you log in more than once a day?

sigpic

Re: Why I can't get things done

... pretty much off and on all day, depending on the day.

Comment

Yes, I'm on through out the day. I check in whenever I stop and take a break. Love my forum friends.

Comment

At first maybe once every couple days .....That didn't last long .I log on and off all day long, when I take a break or need a snack I sit here and read the forum. I just love reading this forum . If I'm up at midnight I have to see what the dd is, then I come straight here and read about all the wonderful things everyone is making. I have MSQ as a favorite on my phone and if I'm standing in line or out somewhere and bored, I even log on then. Ya'll have become my addiction I feel like I know you.

Comment

I try to do it once a day! Unfortunately sometimes I don't stick to this. I know what you mean. I sit here and it seems minutes later I check the time and can't believe how long I've been visiting the Forum or the Quilt shop! Trying to get major cleaning done, doesn't look too promising though! Oh well. (I don't feel guilty at all, well maybe a little.....very little)

Comment

Yep, I'm pretty much guilty as charged. I check in off and on during the day - and I'm still working full-time! AND what's really bad is that I get disappointed when there aren't many new posts (even though I don't post all that often!). What kind of sick is that????? Now I must really go clean my bathrooms before hubby gets home!
            Brenda.

Comment

Right now my lack of endurance allows me to work a little , rest a little. When I rest it's here seeing what's going on on the forum. No better place to take a break. Kathy
              All quilts cat tested and approved.
              sigpic

Comment

When I started, I was on several times a day. Now I try to limit myself to just a couple. It depends on what needs to be done. I have to put my own borders in place or I can piddle the day away and be aggravated at my lack of production. It fluxes, like life, but I have to check in daily at a bare minimum!!!

Comment

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
                  ... pretty much off and on all day, depending on the day.
                  Same here.

Comment

A couple of times a day or as time will allow. Welcome.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I did, too. Now not as much, but I had to face the fact I was spending more time READING about quilting than actually quilting. I still check several times, most days, just try not to spend as much time each time I do.
                      Donna

Comment

Goodness, no. Well, not usually. Well, not always. OK some times I do. In all honestly most of the time I do...lol. I'm considering hiring a maid and its just me. Ha ha. Not really but I spend too much time on here some days.

Comment

FabStripper - you took the words right out of my mouth!
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Comment

Yup, fairly new to the forum and usually check in while I have my morning coffee and then before I call it a night. But, sometimes more, lol

Comment

Well when I just had a desktop PC I only checked the forum about twice a week. Then I got a Kindle now I check like 4-5 times a day bc you know it's just so convenient!!The tablet sits by my chair in the LR just calling to me. Between facebook and the forum it's a wonder I get anything done at all, but the forum has kind of taken over my Pinterest addiction.Yeah, definitely some days I spend way more time reading about quilting than doing it!! And yes, I have a feeling that I "know you" all from your postings--or at least your personalities. But I sure do love the forum and all the happy helpful ppl here and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Comment

Working...
                              X