• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Good Grief, It's Wednesday

Happy Wednesday Morning, everyone!

Still shaking the cobwebs out, listening to the morning news, sipping my coffee. The news is what everyone has come to expect I suppose - but have you listened to the commercials lately? I like happy in the morning - well I like happy all day - but who needs to hear commercials about if you have used so and so then you could be a part of a law suit; call beavis and butthead at 1-get-off-mytv. Okay, my morning vent. Another sip of coffee and my world is rosier.

Raking leaves will be on my list today. So will mopping, dusting and in general, get ready for work tomorrow. Ms Daisy may not like Tuesdays, but Wednesday is always my day to remember that I have a job. No sewing for me.

Last evening, after my DD and her BF left (by the way, the baked spaghetti and parmesan bread was a hit, Cynthia), I went back to my basement dungeon and worked some more on my red and white DP4. And then I started thinking of who else I need to make what for before Christmas.

Okay Ladies, off to get a quick start - bathrooms get cleaned first.

Have a wonderful day. If I get a break, I will peek in and wave.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Good Grief, It's Wednesday

Good Wednesday Morning,

It's a crisp morning here. The furnace turned on once - which makes me think of our quilty sisters and their families who are suffering from the October blizzard. I pray you are all safe and warm and have power. This makes me wonder what we may all be in for this winter.

I have very little on my agenda today other than a little housework and sewing the rest of the day. This is the busy part of the month for our company - lots of extra book work and phone calls.

I'll check in on you all later...Have a Wonderful Day!!!! Hugs, Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• quiltingtrish
      Banned
      Missouri Star
      • Sep 2009

Good morning!
      Just popping in to say hi before the school day starts. Now off to find something for lunch and get my coffee mugs filled.

Hugs,

Comment

• Loonwatcher
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2011

Good Morning.

Blondie - what's a DP4?

I have mountains of laundry to do this evening. But I also want to get my sewing area organized now that I've brought everything back from camp. I'm still walking around the hosue with blinders on trying not to see all the chores that have been neglected all summer because I have so much yet to make for Christmas.

All you in the snow zone, is it still there or has it melted yet. It's to early for lasting snow (or any snow if you ask me).
        Hope everyone has a great day.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• Mrs.Sew&Sew
          The Guild President
          • Oct 2011

Good Morning all! Hope you have a GREAT Day!
          http://renewingmrssewsew.blogspot.com
          Until next time hugs and best stitches to you all,
          Michelle

Comment

• kziggy
            Rotary Pro
            • Oct 2011

Good Morning all. I am awake and watching the today show before I get my 2 year old up and get her ready for the day. I am hoping to get my sewing room put together. I have so much crafting stuff my husband says I need to pick one hobby and stick to it. However I dont agree. I cant help that I love to knit crochet read love photography and love to hoop dance for exercise. A lot of chores and daily things to do today makes me wish I was a stay at home mom some days. Have a great Wednesday everyone remember its the middle of the week!
            To have fun everyday!:lol:

Comment

• bec
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2011

Hi everyone! The last few days have been fun...been hanging out with my daughter mostly. I did rake some leaves yesterday while she took care of some business in town. She's going to be leaving this afternoon. I'm sure going to miss her.

I should be getting some packages with quilty stuff in them. Yipee! I ordered the daily deal a couple of days ago and then the iron quilter fabric yesterday and I've ordered several quilt pattern books from Amazon.

Not much else going on here. I'm just going putter around here and do a little laundry.

Have a wonderful day!
              Last edited by bec; November 2, 2011, 06:18 AM.
              Bec

Comment

• mianmom
                Binding Belle
                • Aug 2011

Good morning! Yes its wednesday which means I need to get my butt moving! Time to got over to our church's store to help with the sorting. Have a great day!
                Happy Quilting :icon_wave:

Comment

• meemeecyn
                  Missouri Star
                  • Apr 2011

Good morning! Blondie, I added a post to Tues thread about your spagetti recipe and how delicious it sounds. Can't wait to try it! I bet you are an awesome cook!

Sounds like everyone is planning for a wonderful day! It is supposed to get warm here, so maybe more of the snow we got from the early storm will melt. There are still parts of southern NH without electricity!

Will be busy in the next few days with finishing up projects and cooking for our the hospital auxiliary fair. Won't get on too much, I'm afraid.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
                  Cynthia
                  Cynthia

Comment

• bakermom
                    Missouri Star
                    • Sep 2010

I'm heading of to DDs to spend some quality time with GS. Have planned leftovers so supper will be easy tonight. In between i hope to get a bit of sewing done. nothing special, just some odds and ends that need finished. catch you all later!
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• Lisaau
                      The Guild President
                      • Apr 2010

It's Thursday here
                      "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                      :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2010

I got up this morning so excited to start the day. Yesterday our power was off for quite a while and I couldn't get on - so when I finally did it was catch-up time and I didn't get to check in here. Then in the middle of the night the power was off again. Not a problem while I'm sleeping except we have a telephone that beeps LOUD every 30 seconds that the power is off. Then the dog barks! Then the power comes on and I see that Al has left lights on all over the house. Got up, finally, about 5:30 a.m. - except our bedroom clock automatically resets to DST and it is off because the lame-brains in WDC keep messing around with when it starts. Why do we have DST. Just start work an hour earlier and forget about messing with clocks. I saw a video this morning where a weatherman said "get ready to change your clocks from a.m. to p.m. and the video claimed he was the worst weatherman. I don't think so - it's almost like that. SANDY'S VENT TIME.

Anyway, long story short (yeah, right) I got my computer booted up and the power went off AGAIN!!!!!!!

I keep getting ambushed by grandkids and don't get to do what I have scheduled - but love being with them. Michelle finished another of her planned Christmas presents - they all have six people on their list and since I have a definite three who are of an age where it's important to them, I have to be involved in some way for 18 presents. Mom and Dad sure appreciate me - because I've prevented some totally ridiculous presents by gently guiding. Anyway, my plan was laundry yesterday (talk about piles) and working on my quilting frame. Well, I elected to use Velcro on the bars (they are metal and the alternative is a semi-permanent installation of the leaders). Dragonfly recommended that I use Velcro . . . so off to buy sticky-back . . . which means both parts are sticky. The bars are done - now to sew it onto the leaders . . . and you can just imagine what it does to your needle. Finally after switching machines I got it done. Was going to serge the edges of the leaders, serger is unthreaded - fussing with it and finally decided the anxiety was more than I could deal with so I ran a simple hem instead. The serger may not be rethreaded for a while.

And then Al, bless his little pea-picking heart, keeps talking to himself while he's studying for his written exam this coming weekend. Then he keeps talking to me and I don't know if he's still talking to himself or talking to me. And when he takes a break he's sending me e-mail that I couldn't care about but it's important to him and then he asks if I got it and if I've looked at his links and what I think - no concept that I may be right in the middle of something . . . ANOTHER VENT. Then he goes in the kitchen and starts putting things 'away' and stops me again to see if that's where I want something or not and makes these cute comments about just trying to help me out . . . meanwhile every tool and item he's touched all week long is sitting on a shelf in the living room just waiting for six months to pass when he may need it again and he'll be interrupting me to see if I know what he did with it. VENT OVER.

I think I'll retire to my sewing room and lock the door today . . . after I get the laundry started, the dishwasher emptied, the floors swept, the back deck falling leaf accumulation blown off . . .

To everyone here I'm sending hugs. And if you've asked me a question lately forget about it - I can't really catch up at my age.
                        Love you all!!
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                          Missouri Star
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Lisaau View Post
                          It's Thursday here
                          Smarty Pants!!!! I once left Tokyo and got home before I left - flying west to east. Strange feeling - even stopped off in Hawaii on the way.
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Gayle8675309
                            Missouri Star
                            • Oct 2011

Wow, you all make me tired just reading your plans for the day!! My big plan is to unload the dishwasher, dust, and then work on my grandson's John Deere quilt...am putting on the last border today. Yay! I'm so happy that I'm finally finishing a quilt that I planned to give for Christmas! Have a good day everyone.
                            Gayle

Comment

• Lisaau
                              The Guild President
                              • Apr 2010

Sandy at least we can't call you " late for dinner" ....hehehe.... Hides under the table
                              "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                              :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Working...
                              X