Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am sure that things could be worse!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure that things could be worse!!!!

Hi everyone; I have been off the grid since May spending the summer at our island cottage. It was an ok time considering the crap that life has thrown at my family! First my daughter left her husband after 14 years and what was supposed to be a mutual agreement between them changed when he morphed into a manipulative brainwashing idiot who brought in his dysfunctional family to drive her out of the house and try to turn my grandkids against her! He is a total control freak and she trusted him when he said he would draw up the separation agreement and took control of selling the house neither of which has been done so she has had to borrow money to get her own lawyer. That by the way moves at a snails pace! He had her car towed from her workplace so she had to borrow money yet again. It is like a bad soap opera every day. Then we had to leave the cottage suddenly when my son had an accident with camp fuel and got 3rd degree burns from his knee to foot. He was airlifted to the burn unit and had skin grafts done and is now recovering. Then my Mom had to have surgery on her leg to bypass arteries as she had gangerene in her foot. She had a heart attack during the surgery but seems to be recovering. Then my best friend in the whole world had to have heart surgery (2 stents in main artery) she was a breath away from a major heart attack! All this has just stunned me silly so what happens next? I get freaking shingles and have been in a lot of pain for the past month. Talk about not sleeping. I am usually up from 3 or 4am on and I feel like crap. The percocet makes me a zombie so I am trying not to take it. The sleeping pills help my anxiety but not to sleep. I have been trying to sew but find myself so depressed I can't make a simple decision. Worry Worry Worry !!!Does anyone know how to turn off the chatter in my brain???? I don't want sympathy but just felt the need to vent. Maybe someone else has been in my spot and survived to tell the tale. I feel so bad because my dear hubby feels helpless I'm sure and I am trying not to let this take me down but it is such a struggle right now. Thanks for listening....Val

Re: I am sure that things could be worse!!!!

Val, My heart goes out to you - so much stuff happening. Not surprised that you have hives (ouch!). Prayers and hugs go out to you - please vent all you want - we're here for you. Sometimes, I turn to quilting when I am totally at my wits end (small hand quilted projects that go with me seem to help) - please let us know how you are doing - Linda

Comment

I'm so sorry life is giving your family these harsh blows. Any time you need to vent this is a perfect medium to do so.
      Things will look up eventually. I know it probably does not seem so right now but they will!

Comment

My heart goes out to you! My goodness. God Bless and see you through all this
        Patrice

Comment

I'm so glad you are back with us. Sorry to hear all that life has thrown at you - it will get better. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and I too, turn to quilting when things seem at their wits end. That must be hard to quilt though while you are going through the shingles. I have heard how painful they are.

Hugs,
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Oh my Val. You got your share and several other people's all at once. My heart goes out to you. Hang in there; we're here when you want to vent. Hugs.
            Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
            Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

If you still have shingles try some Caladryl lotion on them. It's a blend of Calamine Lotion and Benadryl. It sure helps with the itchy feeling.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Thoughts and prayers sent out your way. My dad developed shingles and he was in absolute misery. He got better, but man shingles are wicked.

Deb

Comment

Dear Val, I feel for you 'cause the last three years have been tough for our family as well. Major health issues and unemployment can create such turmoil in one's life. I'm sure you feel like there will be no end to it all, but there will be. You need to take it one day at a time, create some "me" time, even if it's just taken your cup of coffee/tea outside in the morning. Yes it might be getting colder, but put on a sweater/coat, listen to the quiet, take a deep breath, and know that you're not alone. There's a higher spirit to guide you and a ton of cyber friends here at the forum, who will let you vent, cry, scream, laugh...whatever you might need to make it through another day.

Prayers and healing light to you and your family, plus your friend. Ruby
                  sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Vent away Val. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through all this. I guess you have to get better first so you can be there for the rest of the family. And after the shingles are gone make sure you get the vaccination for them so you don't get them again. As a matter of fact, that is advice to everyone over the age of 50!
                    In the meantime, I will pray for you and yours. He does answer prayers. Sometimes He says no, or not that way, but He does answer for the best for you. Let go and let God. If you let go the shingles will heal quicker. Oh and laugh. I know it sounds crazy but it helps. God Bless, Jan L.
                    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Oh, Val. Murphy's Law at work again. No wonder you are so dang frustrated. When the body is under so much stress, it often responds physically, hence the shingles, etc. Your brain is on overload with all these issues...hence the forgetfulness, not stopping the chatter and sleep issues. Have you ever tried guided imagery, progressive relaxation exercises or other similiar things? Sorta like self hypnosis.....certainly we are here for you to vent to! What are friends for if you can't do that?

Sending electronic hugs your way and may you get comfort knowing that we care and are here for you.
                      Cynthia

Comment

You must be going in a million different directions. Prayers go out to you and eveyone you mentioned. Yes even the "bad
                        guy". Heaping hot coals on the head!!! Bless you girl. Take a deep breath and hand it to God. As the saying goes 'He will be up all night anyway'. Take care of yourself as best you can.
                        shirleyj
                        NE Arkansas

Comment

My heart goes out to you. I couldn't imagine going through all that back to back. I hope that things get better and stay better for you. I will keep you in my thoughts.
                          Tammy K :icon_mooooh:

Comment

Val, you are in my prayers. We never stop being a Mother and when our children are hurt or in a situation, we hurt also. I certainly hope your son is healing and your daughter is getting her life in order. So very sorry for your shingles also. Please let us know how you and your family are doing.
                            Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Gosh, Val. It certainly can't get any worse. All of these things will work themselves out. The fact that you came down with the shingles is no surprise considering all of the stress you've encountered. I would go back to my doctor and ask for something else to help with the anxiety. I was on Lexapro for many years and I can't say enough about it. I was on it for 9 years. It changed my life. No more constant dialogue running through my head, no more repeating my worries over and over again, no more bouts of crying and going to bed telling everyone to leave me alone. Thank goodness my husband is a patient man. This medicine did not make me tired and in a zombie-like state. By the way, you have to make an absolutely huge effort not to take on the burden of all your loved ones and their problems. You've been through so much all at once. Be there for them but don't let their problems totally wreck your health. You only go around once. Make sure you take care of number one. Your daughter will get past the divorce mess, your son will heal, your friend will recover from her heart surgery, your mom is getting the care she needs to heal and your shingles will dissipate. Life will go on. Look at the big picture! Did anyone die? NO. Go see the doctor again. Percoset doesn't sound like the way to go. You don't need to be in a coma. Ask the doctor for a medicine that eases anxiety. You might ask him about Lexapro. I'm an avid fan.
                              Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; October 30, 2011, 05:41 AM.
                              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
                              X