Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday

Happy Tuesday Folksies

It feels like Groundhog Day again. Our much requested rain is continuing and pretty soon we will need an ark. Heads up Northern Sisters - it appears to be heading your way.

Looking over the pictures from the Gathering - what fun for each of you. I just knew that Bob would be the "fly on the wall" to get some good candid shots. Looks like everyone not only had fun but was productive as well. How happy I am for each one who was able to attend.

So, yesterday I went into Pinterest to oogle and dream. It can be quite a stimulating pass time - yet, strangely - quite depressing. I mean, I look over how productive and creative all these people are - and some pinners have prowess of mythical proportions. I also remembered one of my goals was to keep a list and take pictures of everything I had viewed on Pinterest and either created, cooked or cleaned with. So much for that task. Now you know why I don't do New Year Eve Resolutions. My brain just doesn't go there. lol. Today's a new day. I may spend a bit of it crossing things off my Pinterest list and then again, if I scroll enough I will get so tired from planning projects I may just take a nap!

Have a wonderful day, my dears. Smile.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Tuesday

Good Morning Blondie,
    Woke up way to early but could not go back to sleep.
    It's still raining here too. Yucky mess. All Day they said.

Hope it will be a Good Day for you and everyone.
    Gonna have a girl come help me with the house today.
    I 'm having to make myself do the unthinkable, ask for
    a bit of assistance, well no matter how you word it, still
    means the same thing, (help).Not good at that, came by it
    honestly. I hope it works out now making space to move
    things from my Moms place, the extra help will be nice.

Yes, yes, we may need a boat.....

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Morning dear Blondie and all others to follow,
      Woke up super early this morning, still dark out so don't know what the weather has in store for us. We sure could use some of that rain. It's been so very dry here.

No sewing going on here, getting my sewing fix from seeing all the beautiful things being done here on the board. The bedroom reno has taken on a life of it's own. The mind was willing but the body was ailing so to speak. We finished the painting yesterday just some minor touchups. Now the carpet has to be pulled up, floor refinished, moldings, and such. Hopefully we will be able to find an organization who might take the tripple dresser and hutch top. Hate to just dump it if someone could use it.
      Have sewing projects patiently lined up and waiting to be finished but too tired at the end of the day to work on them but better find the oopph to get going as Christmas is just around the corner and gifts have to get done.
      Glad to hear May will be back soon, I must have missed the post about her being in rehab. Loved reading her posts, she has been missed. Hugs and prayers for all who need a few extra.
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good morning. I was supposed to work today but it got cancelled. I think it is gray outside but still a little dark to tell. Not sure if we are going to get rain or not. I would like to get the grass cut today before we both go away. Yes, this weekend is the retreat. WOOHOO! So looking forward to just sewing. Les is having a man weekend too. I still haven't decided what I want to bring with me. I may just bring a few of those row by rows that I have. Or some UFOs.

Have a great day friends.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good morning. Yes, I see that the rain will be heading our way. We'll get ready. (where is that umbrella?)

From the looks of those pictures from the retreat, it seems that a great time was had by all.

Blondie, it's a day for celebration. It's National Coffee Day! I'll drink to that with my cup of tea.

Have a terrific Tuesday all
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Morning Everyone,

If all goes well I will sew for most of the day. Or I may clean house today and take the whole day tomorrow to sew. Jeff has to work a double tomorrow and that would give me an extra long day.

Blondie, send some of your rain our way. We get a sprinkle here and there but not enough to get the whole patio wet at the same time.

I would have appreciated names to go with the faces of the retreat pics. Sandy, Marilyn, Kensington and Fran were all I recognized.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Morning all, finally getting energy back, Cathy. Never feel bad for asking for help, I imagine you have helped many people. I think we all foget it is more blessed to give than receive. Hope to do sewing today howver have massage this am then friends stopping by this afternoon. Have been ironing scraps need to get them organised and see what I have...never seem to make a dent in them.
              Have a great day all blessing to all Cecelia

Comment

Morning all! I'm off to Georgia today to visit my mom! Non-stop sewing (she just told me, 'I have lots of table runners for you to put the bindings on for the church bazaar'!) and church cooking and church bazaar. I'm poor right now, but will get to shop through her stash and a couple of others' - that's the best kind of shopping 'cause it's free!

Have a great week, all!
                Last edited by pharris123; September 29th, 2015, 05:06 AM. Reason: leavin' on a jet plane
                Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

Good morning all
                  I so don't want to go to work today, I want to be back at the retreat sewing! I have a baby quilt that I have to finish by Saturday so after work that's what I'll be doing. I'll probably be stitching the binding on Saturday morning before the shower!

Looks like all the rain is going north of us, but it is supposed to cool off today so that will be nice.

Have a great day!
                  Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good Morning, all!

Yes, they say we will have rain for the next few day and then a touch of FALL WEATHER! Highs in the mid 80's and lows all the way down to 68 degrees on the weekend. I did absolutely nothing yesterday, so have to get in gear today. Of course my sister messaged me that her dog may need to go to the vet today, and she is working, so that may put a kink in my plans. I do need to get to Joann for some batting and I will take the opportunity while out of the house to do that.

I know Bob said he wasn't good with names, but maybe someone else can add the names they know (or if you were there, ID yourself!). Maybe next year you could take a picture of each attendee lined up holding a small poster with their name and ID?

It was good to hear that May is doing better and hope she will be back soon.

Blessing and prayers for all today....
                    Donna

Comment

Originally posted by Ginny B View Post

Blondie, it's a day for celebration. It's National Coffee Day! I'll drink to that with my cup of tea.

I need no excuse to celebrate the bean
                      Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Good morning! Blondie's rain is moving into southern KY. It's been a slow week so far...I'm not been very motivated to sew the past few days. I've got a quilt top that I need to get finished and loaded on the frame soon. The recipient's birthday is coming up in a few weeks.

I was planning to go looking for mums for my porches today, but the rain may delay that trip. I'm celebrating National Coffee Day with my second cup. Have a great day!
                        *~* Myrna *~*
                        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Good morning...

I'm still working with my neighbor, Diana, on her curtains. We started the valances last night and they're looking good. When she's finished with these....I plan to make a quilter out of her

I have binding to put on a quilt and the final borders on another...I just may get that done tonight. I need to pre-wash and iron some fabric for another quilt I'm making, for my brother. So I have a busy month coming up....then I have a few more family quilts to make and then on to whatever I want to do....might make some NCW's or BGB's.

I have a load of clothes in the dryer that I will have to de-wrinkle and put away, before I get started on sewing tonight. (I hate doing laundry).

Well I need to get busy....have a wonderful day!
                          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Morning all! Yes, we need an arc. Rain everyday since last Thursday and more to come.
                            Quilted one of my baby quilts yesterday, today it gets binding. Ready to start on second one. The rest of the week is booked so I need to seize the day! Will try to get pics but lighting is so bad on these rainy days!
                            Finally made appt for haircut. Since I fell, my head has really been tender and I decided I didn't want anyone touching my head. So I made it for next Tuesday! That will already be too long but I'll live with it!!
                            Ordered NCW pattern and the swoon Pearl so I'll be dabbling in the purse/wallet world over the winter. Should be fun!!!

Hope all have a good day. If you need the rain, I hope it heads your way!!!
                            sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

Morning Everyone!

Off to a late start, coffee in hand! Send some rain my way y'all!!! Guess our flooding this Spring was the "get it all at once" and then forget it! Sewing again today, manana is back at it in the real world. Shirley "laundry" is one letter short of a double 4 letter word!! LOL! Blondie, LOL! Hope everyone has a great day.....................Hugs and Blessings to all!
                              What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X