Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10

Anyone running the new OS yet? I have installed it and in the process of learning the in's and out's of it. Seems good so far. It is able to function across a multitude of devices. You can pick up on one device, such as your tablet, where you left off of another(say your computer) Contana is a personal assistant very similar to Apple's Siri. Also not sue about letting them have that much personal info. Not a big apple fan. Still like my Blackberry better for a phone. Windows 10 basically combines the best of version 7 with the best of version 8. Looks promising!
    sigpic

Re: Windows 10

I have a new laptop with tablet top that is on Windows 10. I am a Mac/Apple girl so this is new to me - still really prefer Mac to Microsoft. I am starting school in a few weeks and using a Windows environment is just going to be the least confusing as I will be taking office computing that will be Microsoft based. I don't find this Windows 10 so different than my Mac OS.

Terri

Comment

I do not have it, but MM was one of their testers and was very pleased with it! He refused to get Windows 8. Unfortunately, that is what came on my laptop
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I did not opt for Wind. 10. Also heard on News that windows 10 is the least secure. I hope that is not true

Comment

Do you want to share your wifi signal with the world? The article tells you how to turn this feature of Windows 10 off.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/windows...164057617.html
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

I've been using Windows 8 for some time. Al just bought a new lap top and upgraded to Windows 10 (which totally surprised me). He has always said that you should wait until an upgrade comes out - one that would fix all the bugs in a new version. He seems to like it a lot. He said he has an app for a VPN (virtual private network) that gives him total anonymity.

Me, I hate changes!!
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Mr. Bill is happy that it has stopped the sluggishness he's been having with "comcast".... we shall see,,, i'm with Sandy,, i know things have to change,, but put it off as long as i can
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Thank you for the heads up. I had not noticed this. Turned mine off also.
                Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                Do you want to share your wifi signal with the world? The article tells you how to turn this feature of Windows 10 off.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/windows...164057617.html
                sigpic

Comment

I am still with XP (yes I can hear the groans). I did not even know there was a Windows 10. I am one of those people who say "Well if it still works I am not upgrading!"

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                    I am still with XP (yes I can hear the groans). I did not even know there was a Windows 10. I am one of those people who say "Well if it still works I am not upgrading!"
                    Don't worry, I'm an IT nerd and I still love XP more than any other OS that Microsoft has released. I use Windows 7, downgraded my laptop that came with Windows 8 because I couldn't stand it, and am not making the leap to Windows 10 anytime soon. Kudos to those who are brave enough to leap though, I just can't handle another OS just yet. I keep thinking "But I just got used to where you put everything in Windows 7! Now you want me to upgrade again?!?" lol
                    *Dee*
                    Believe
                    There Is
                    Good In The World

Comment

I still have XP on my desktop. Had it built after Windows 7 came out but asked that they install XP instead. Too bad Windows doesn't support it anymore. My new laptop has 8.1 on it, but the tech guy added the start menu to it for me because all the app crap was driving me nuts. I find it amusing that they have added that start button back into 10.
                      K is for Karen 😊​..................
                      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                      T - is it TRUE?
                      H - is it HELPFUL?
                      I - is it INSPIRING?
                      N - is it NECESSARY?
                      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                        I still have XP on my desktop. Had it built after Windows 7 came out but asked that they install XP instead. Too bad Windows doesn't support it anymore. My new laptop has 8.1 on it, but the tech guy added the start menu to it for me because all the app crap was driving me nuts. I find it amusing that they have added that start button back into 10.
                        They realized that without a Start button nobody knew where to find anything lol That is definitely the biggest complaint with Windows 8, and even after I got a normal taskbar with a start button, it still wasn't to my liking. I couldn't even find where "My Computer" was anymore, how in the heck do you expect me to fiddle around with settings if I can't find where "My Computer" is? Or, sorry, "Computer" in Windows 7. Had to take out the "My" for reasons that only Microsoft understands lol
                        *Dee*
                        Believe
                        There Is
                        Good In The World

Comment

Originally posted by Musical_Starling View Post
                          They realized that without a Start button nobody knew where to find anything lol That is definitely the biggest complaint with Windows 8, and even after I got a normal taskbar with a start button, it still wasn't to my liking. I couldn't even find where "My Computer" was anymore, how in the heck do you expect me to fiddle around with settings if I can't find where "My Computer" is? Or, sorry, "Computer" in Windows 7. Had to take out the "My" for reasons that only Microsoft understands lol
                          Microsoft programmers figure ways to confuse us with each and every update/upgrade. Otherwise they have no job security. If it worked perfectly the first time out of the box we wouldn't need anything changed.

Someone please tell me why I go to use my Android and have 17 updates available - 16 of them for apps I don't need, use, or even know what they do.
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I downloaded Windows 10 and lost 13 of my 19 games. Not impressed that their new technology can't run games that ran on Windows 7. Shut down everything that Cortana needed to run. You don't need to know where I was last week to tell me how to get from where I am now to there, wherever there is.
                            May you never run out of pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                              You have the least secure version of Windows running. Sorry, just had to mention it.

Comment

Working...
                              X