New health info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New health info.

The hospital called and scheduled my surgery. I go in Thursday May 28th at 10am (which means sometime between 10am and midnight).

They told me to come prepared to spend the night, but they might send me home the same day.

Re: New health info.

Good luck with it. BTW, if given the option, stay the night. It wipes you out to have something done and then go home.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Comment

I agree - stay the night and let the nurses, rather than one of your care-givers, decide if everything's ok. Hope you have your minions at the ready to care for you when you come home. I'm be praying!

Comment

Prayers your way. Try being nice and maybe they will let you stay the night.
        Bernice

Comment

Will send positive thoughts your way! I hope all goes well.
          Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

Make sure you rest.... rest as much and for as long as you can. It's the best thing for the body to heal itself.

Comment

For sure stay the night if they will let you. Sending prayers for all to go well.
              Karen
              Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

You know we will all be pulling for you! And definitely stay all night if the option is presented. The nursing care and pain management would make a big difference for you.

Comment

Isn't is a relief when they finally call and book it. Even it you have to wait, it is something to have a date to focus on. For sure Bob, stay if they will let you; it is a lot less stress on everybody. As Bernice said, be good so they will let you stay and don't be telling them any of your stories or they will make you go home.
                  Seriously, you know we will all be on your cheering team and sending off prayers.

Nancy
                  Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

I'll keep you in my prayers Bob. I'd stay the night too if the option presented itself.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Comment

Guess I'll have to haunt the post office and get back that message I sent the hospital about your overnight conduct . . .

Kidding aside, if you need me to come stick up for you I'll be there. Momma taught us to take care of each other!!
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sending prayers your way....
                        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Just think boB - if you stay the night you'll be able to eat hospital food - Yummmmm! Any kind of surgery can wipe you out so stay as long as you can. I've got the date circled and hope you feel like reporting in ... you know we will be anxiously awaiting a full report on your antics.

Comment

I echo what everyone is saying . . . stay the night! They sent my DGD home at midnight . . after surgical procedure on her heart. She's 17 and it was tough for her, especially at midnight! Insist on staying! Will keep you in my prayers . . God Bless.
                            NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
                            ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
                            ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
                            ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
                            ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
                            "B"

Comment

You know yourself best. If you think you need that night in the hospital, do it! MM does not respond well to the anesthesia, and when the surgeon came out after his last surgery and said he could go home in a couple hours (we were up in Seattle, only 30 miles from home, but at least an hour in traffic), I told him I'd be back to get him the next day. He pompously told me if I wanted to pay for it he could stay and I explained to him just what medical insurance is for. He ended up being there five days due to complications. We know ourselves better than the doctors do.
                              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                              X