Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday

Hello folksies

Tuesday. Hmmmm. My brain is not fully functioning at this point, so the term brain dead almost applies to me right now. Still kinda in a sleep/allergy/denial that it is morning fog. I will plow ahead since it is what I seem to do best. Not very well at times, mind you, but plowing must be in my blood.

Remember my saying how I loved Sweet Annie? I found some coming up in a planter/wheelbarrel in the front by the porch. Teeny tiny little lacy looking things. The wind obviously blew a plethora of those seed there and there they will stay. I am beyond ecstatic. After carrying some of the house plants back outside to the porch, I then I spent some time working on the never ending queen size quilt for my DD's mother in law. I finally joined the block row of panels together and am in the process of quilting those. I do a modified hand quilt as you go so that when I join the rows, there is normally not a lot of quilting left. Since this is such a large one, it is cumbersome and taking me some time. I am hoping to have it done in time for her birthday in June. Like i said, I am fairly good at plowing ahead.

Today and tomorrow will be Mom day. I need to work a little more on her garden walkway and wheelbarrel some more mulch to spread. Ain't my life just so exciting? Hey, it's the little things that add up. And my life is full of little joys that give large satisfaction at the end of the day.

Take time to gather all your small joys and make a display of them in your mind. Don't make room for those gloomy thoughts unless you can figure a way to paint a smile on them somehow.

Prayers, hugs and many smiles to each one here.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Tuesday

Another early day for me. We get the car back this afternoon so won't have to go to work 2.5 hours before my shift. Yesterday I used the time to cut my squares for a twister baby quilt, then did some reading on my kindle. No quilt related items to bring today so it will be just me and my kindle today. After work my son will take me to get the car and we will drop his off for some preventive maintenance.
    Rainy day here today but warmer then yesterday. 51 already!
    Other then that not much going on. We been watching the updated Sherlock Holmes on netflix and are enjoying it very much.
    Hugs to all that are in need. Have a great day all.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Good morning all...looks like a rainy day here in Md...that's ok, yesterday was so glorious I'm not gonna complain about a little rain.
      I've decided to get Lulu back out - house sale be d****ed.....I'm suffering withdraw so bad I've just gotta do something. I think I'm gonna put her up in the garage and if the peeps looking at the house can't see that a car should actually be in there, then shame on them......a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

House has been on the market for 3 weeks and 43 people have trampled through....all the feedback comments are good, but so far no takers....it's making me crazy. We sure could use a few prayers to St Anthony if you could....and maybe I should be planting one of those statues in the front yard - LOL.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Comment

Morning all!! Another night of sleeping on installments! This is getting to be a bad habit!! I actually fell asleep in the recliner after dinner which I never do. Then woke up at 8pm, cleaned up the dishes and added final coat of paint to the days selection. They dried overnight so I can start again this morning. All base cabinets done now leaving 6 doors and 2 drawers. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!! Sometime today I have to get out to the landfill to drop off accumulation of stuff I've been gathering! That will mean driving the old truck that used to be DH's but since he has let his license lapse, I'll have to drive it! And I hate driving that thing!
        I'm going to start looking for trash pickup service too. Can't continue to have it gathering up here!
        We have doctors appt Thursday for first part of testing for DH's possible pacemaker. They haven't scheduled part two yet but I'm sure that will be another delay. In the meantime he just doesn't have any energy at all!!! He does a lot of sleeping during the day and then is up till 3am. Just not a good plan for keeping a normal schedule!
        Need to get Casey back in. I hear him barking at the neighbors cats! Those cats love to torment him knowing the fence keeps them safe.
        Wishing everyone a good day! Hopefully some sun and warm weather for all.
        sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

Good Morning. Monday was a pretty good day and hoping Tuesday follows suit. I must say that since moving to my new department (close to a year already), I really don't have "bad" day. There are some that a bit more hectic and some downright annoying, but bad doesn't happen.

Iris Girl, glad you are getting your car back. Carol, good luck with the sale of the house. Blondie, have a good day outside wheeling that mulch. Be careful; take it easy.

Have a terrific day all.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Rainy wet morning here in western Ky. I don't like this part of spring but her if that is what it takes to get to summer "git er done!"
            I am excitedly counting down the days to the paducah quilt show!!! Me,sis and a family friend are going to be there on Friday. I may be able to take off and go Thursday as well. I can't wait to meet a couple of our forum friends this trip. Hopefully everything will line up and it will happen.
            Hugs from Ky
            Rhonda

Comment

Good morning everyone. What a gorgeous day we had yesterday. Windows got opened and laundry out on the line for the first time this year. I even got to speak the neighbours. We have all been hibernating I think. Floors got washed. Today I want it to be a sewing day. I have so many projects I want to do but so little time. If I could only do tops and have someone else quilt them, I would be set. I can't afford to have them quilted by someone else. Are they any long arm quilters here who need to practice more?

Have a great day everyone. I am not sure if the sun will make an appearance today and I don't really care, the snow is melting.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good Morning all!

I've got a few minutes to pop in here and read, and put in my two cents.

I'm really loving my new job. I worked all weekend training the TWO, yes two new people to take my previous job. They seem to be pretty whippy and all so it went better than I expected. I could have been irritated, well, I guess I actually was irritated that they are both making more than I was with extra vacation but you know what...It doesn't matter any more. Moving on.

This week will be rainy and chilly but we need the rain so bad. No sewing lately and having withdrawls as I will be in Wichita all day Saturday and also going to visit Mom since I haven't seen her in a while. Maybe some sewing on Sunday.

Have a great day and as Blondie says, Smile!

Carolyn
                sigpicCarolyn

Comment

Good morning! Rough first day back to work yesterday! Here's to hoping for a better one today! Have a great day!
                  Mary
                  SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Good morning to all of you

What an absolutely gorgeous day we had yesterday. Warm, sunny and sewing with my sister. The sampler is turning out lovely. The other side of yesterday is that my 90 y.o. FIL was taken to hospital by ambulance he lives 250 miles away and we were just there on the weekend. Once again we are reminded how quickly your life can change. He seems to be ok for now, maybe flu, but we will hear more this morning from Dave's sister who lives in the same town. We only have our 2 dads left so we need to look after them well.

Did a little bit of sewing in the evening too. It seems like eventually it will be nice today too but right now gray and dull. Its Tuesday so that means Heart Pillows. I also have to meet the kids from the school bus today as my DS is on a business trip and his wife doesnt get home soon enough for the bus. I'll feed them then off they will go to their swimming lessons. Let me say, it is a busy house.

I am hoping to find some time in their somewhere for some sewing. Have the best day you can have today. I don't know everyone's situation but try to find something positive. I am going to try my hardest to do that.
                    Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

OHHHH how I wish I was closer to Paducah!!!

Looking outside it's overcast and grey, which is worrisome, there wasn't supposed to be rain today.. Rain = much longer day with the Soph lol.
                      Fibro pain is yucky just trying to keep moving.
                      Night 3 of pork roast. Tonight I'll simmer it in chicken gravy and pour it over rice or noodles. That'll take the last of it.
                      Hope to get some decent sewing in this week. I'm way behind where I need to be to get things done!
                      It's been busy though so I need to give myself a break.

I think the pollen is an issue this year, especially with the high wind yesterday!

Prayers and hugs for all!
                      sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I had the Girls at the groomer at 6 am and then went to WalMart for a few items while I was in town. I had a profitable day in Cuba yesterday. I like our new tenant and hope she works out long term.

Jeff is getting antsy about getting back to work. I think he's done with PT. At this point he does more here at home than when he goes for therapy. He sees the surgeon Monday and hopes to be released to go back to work.

I have errands to run this morning and then a stop at the fabric store to see what's new. No doubt I'll come home with something to add to the stash.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday with hugs.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Morning all. Had a bad day yesterday full of headache and anxiety from h*ll so decided to stay home and take care of myself. I slept a large part of the day then in the afternoon my headache abated and I decided to get my utilities switched over to my new place and get that all organized. Big relief to have that done and I am feeling much less anxious today. Moving day is coming very quickly so my anxiety is a bit more difficult to keep under control...but I'm plugging along.

April glad to see you are getting your wheels back! That will be a relief. Carol good luck with the house sale! It will happen! Eileen safe driving in the truck! Hope DH gets the medical stuff sorted soon! Ginny your new job sounds awesome! No bad days is great. Rhonda, you'll have fun at the Quilt show! Monique, wish I had a long arm! I'd quilt them for you in a heartbeat! Carolyn that's great news about the new job and so rude about the old one! Isn't that always the way?! Replace one employee with two! Mary have a great day! Gma Nan...hope the dads are okay! Thinking of you!

Everyone else, hope you all have a fantabulous day! xox

Comment

Good morning everybody! Back from vacation today, and I need to get out into the front yard and get the roses trimmed and fed and the porch furniture out. This is my first year at this house, so the color will be a surprise. But they definitely need some tlc. I just love puttering in the garden. It really helps me savor the little things. Know what I mean?

Comment

Good morning...........this past weekend we moved a couple of things around in our den. We put my sewing table in front of the window where the computer was sitting. I haven't sewn yet.....but I think I'm going to like it! There is light shining on my machine all day! Enough lighting always seems to be an issue.

Blondie.......I would be happy to have you do some gardening magic at my house. I love the pretty landscaped yards.................I just want someone else maintain them. Guess I'm asking too much. That's why I love my azaleas..........easy to care for.

Wishing you all a great day with fabric shopping, new jobs, gardening .........
                              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
                              X