Good Friday strikes with a vengeance..Again :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Friday strikes with a vengeance..Again :(

Well it hit us again with a vengeance. 15 years ago on good friday we were t-boned and my pretty raspberry cavelier was totaled. Yesterday my glasses broke at work. Screw came out and lens and screw went flying. Got the lens no screw. Am blind without them. I stuffed a paperclip in the hole and tightened them to finish my shift. Hubby said when I got home lets go get em fixed so off we went back to town. Did a few errands on the way. Yay glasses fixed...but wait theres more. heading home we go to head up the hill and the car loses all power won't down shift and check engine light is on. He rolls it backwards in to a pull off spot. Call my son to come rescue us and call the garage for a tow. We are already down a vehicle as mine died late last year and has not been replaced do to financial issues (sure does suck to be poor) So now down another and I have no way back and forth to work now until its fixed. Please say a few kind words for me that it is not expensive. We really need to catch a break here. Still reeling and playing catch up from hubby being out of work for 2 years.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Re: Good Friday strikes with a vengeance..Again

Well that made for a crappy day. Sorry to hear. Hopefully it will be an easy fix this time. I paid my car off finally and now little things are starting to happen to the car. It is so annoying. Good that you,were able to get your glasses fixed. Cannot do anything without those.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Oh no. So sorry. I hope it's something that's not too expensive. You are right, you sure do need to catch a break
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh April, that just sucks.
        (Sorry..sometimes ya gotta just say it like it is...)

I've been in your shoes like that and here's hoping the repairs are minimal and you get the car back ASAP!
        Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

I hope for the best for you and your family as you struggle to overcome these financial problems.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this! I am blind without my glasses too! Good thoughts sent for a low car repair bill and that it is easily fixed.
            Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Sending prayers for you.

Comment

Well, yep, that was a crappy day. Hoping the repairs are not expensive and you catch a break soon!
                sigpicCarolyn

Comment

Iris, that really sucks! I think at one time or another, bad times hit us all, as well as Murphy days to boot! They seem neverending, don't they? Sending you warm thoughts and prayers that the repairs will be low cost, and for catching a break soon!
                  What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Not much good in that good Friday. My sister and her husband are in a similar situation and so I know it is really frustrating when work hasn't come and finances are so tight. Sending good wishes your way. I hope you find some comfort with this community's support.
                    ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
                    George Eliot

Comment

Happy thoughts and prayers your way that everything turns out ok. Yuck!
                      sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

We've had a date etched in memory too. What's up with that?

Sending prayers and well wishes for a quick (and hopefully cheap) resolution.

Hate it when bad things happen to good people. My mom always said the good lord just loves you so much to send you these things. My answer? Well, I wish He would love someone else for a while and give me a break!
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

YUCK.
                          April - first let me say that I'm very glad that you weren't on a highway when your car lost power - I'm grateful that you were somewhere that you could get to a safe spot
                          Praying that yesterday was just that - one day - and things will improve from here Hugs...

Comment

Sending you hugs and superglue!!
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I'm sorry you've had such tough luck! I hope your car problem is an easy, cheap fix.
                              *~* Myrna *~*
                              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
                              X