Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else have it! I DO!

TulipsSpringFever.jpg

First day of SPRING!! The sun is ACTUALLY shining here. I know we could still get snow but the end is definitely in sight! Hang in there Halifax!

Re: Anyone else have it! I DO!

Yeah, bring it on! For once this season we have missed the storm and we're dry though chilly and windy. But walking this morning I was thrilled to see the daffs and crocuses up about 4". Guess they got the memo. And boy am I ready for some good weather!

Comment

Yes! I have it in spite of the gloomy low-hanging clouds and temps in the 30's. I even have a lovely pastel quilt to begin FMQing today in honor of spring! Even though my garden is buried under a mountain of snow, I can feel it's out there, just waiting for a little sun and warmth. Be patient, soil! I'll be with you as soon as I can!
      Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Spring may be here, but in Chicago area we are expecting up to 2 inches of snow this weekend!
        sigpic
        Keep Calm and Quilt On!
        Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
        Paula

Comment

Ok, I'll be the stick in the mud (literally) it's currently snowing here. It was predicted to be "no accumulation" however mother nature didn't seem to listen to the weather man.

But, two days ago when all the googobs of snow here finally melted away, my herb garden was uncovered.
          People can keep their daffodils because seeing the new growth on my oregano and thyme plants (evergreens down to zone 5) coupled with running my hands over them and inhaling the wonderful aroma (especially lemon thyme) ......<happy sigh>
          Now that's the signs of spring I want to see!!
          Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

I am SOOOO going to miss my gardens...BUT...the rabbits were VIOLENT this year! I pity the guy who bought my house because many of my best and oldest shrubs have been murdered this year by those wee buggers. My ten year old corkscrew hazel, my 9 year old smoke bush, japanese maple, Rose of sharon, 10 year old hydrangia, they even attacked my shrub roses! There's a LOT of damage. I would have been seriously depressed over the amount of ripping out that will need to be done...so guess that's one positive thing about moving in May!

Comment

Definitely looking forward to spring - we will get 1 - 2" snow today - but it's comin'... eventually...

Comment

Dreary here in NC. The sun is supposed to shine. Maybe it's a good thing, I've been able to work in my sewing room without having to squint this morning.
                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Yes!! It is supposed to be very nice here in Kansas this weekend- I'm hoping to go to the Home and Garden Show for some new ideas, I'll have to move my sewing to the evening.

Comment

Yes, hurray!! It is cold today, but forecast to be 66 tomorrow! We have a date to go pick out blueberry bushes, grape vines, two peach trees, and a cherry tree at the local nursery!

And once those trees start bearing: peach cobbler, people! Peach cobbler! Maybe picnic-style, on a quilt?

Comment

Originally posted by ginger326 View Post
                      Yes!! It is supposed to be very nice here in Kansas this weekend- I'm hoping to go to the Home and Garden Show for some new ideas, I'll have to move my sewing to the evening.
                      I hoping to get to the show too. I always enjoy it.
                      ***Kathy***

Comment

Originally posted by WendyI View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]104640[/ATTACH]

First day of SPRING!! The sun is ACTUALLY shining here. I know we could still get snow but the end is definitely in sight! Hang in there Halifax!
                        We are getting a bit of snow and it is overcast here this morning but I don't mind. I know it's almost over. We made it through another long winter!

Comment

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I can't wait for spring, but it has been snowing here all morning...uggggh!!
                            Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                              Ok, I'll be the stick in the mud (literally) it's currently snowing here. It was predicted to be "no accumulation" however mother nature didn't seem to listen to the weather man.

But, two days ago when all the googobs of snow here finally melted away, my herb garden was uncovered.
                              People can keep their daffodils because seeing the new growth on my oregano and thyme plants (evergreens down to zone 5) coupled with running my hands over them and inhaling the wonderful aroma (especially lemon thyme) ......<happy sigh>
                              Now that's the signs of spring I want to see!!
                              Sonic, have you planted lemon balm? My goats LOVE it. Careful though it can spread like wild fire. The herbalist that came to our regional goat conference said that it works as a relaxant. (Like that big old wether needs to be any more laid back!) I planted it along the fence line where they can just barely nibble it on their side. It smells a bit like lemon furniture polish. I also hear it's great in iced tea. Let me know if you want some starts or some seeds.

Wendy, you can always plant some pretty pots for your deck/porch at your new place. I have even seen a cute salad garden done vertically. Mix in some of the water absorbing crystals to help with water management. (You can buy them at the garden center, or shake out the ones in new diapers. Saw something like that on FB or somewhere.)

Our daffs are blooming and the tulips are up. Some of the herbs are getting going and the fruit trees are starting to bud out. I'm not sure if the bees are up and at 'em yet though. Of course spring at our place is usually met with new babies too. (I've GOT to get some new pics of them.) I have the rest of the orchard to weed and then the raspberry patch to check, as I think hubs did that when he pruned them. Then I can start on the 'flower beds'. Oh spring = yard work!
                              Be who you are and say what you feel
                              because those who mind don't matter,
                              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X