Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgott my age....for a while but it came back to bite me! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgott my age....for a while but it came back to bite me! :-)

Ok, I was out on the night walk with my dog.

I saw a bunch of ladys standing around a tree and a german sheppard puppy dog tied around a seccond tree a bit away.

Hm.. I think they are trying to cox down a scared cat. I aproch and ask if I could help.
    I do not think they can play the cat down, not with the dog that scared him in the first place so close by.
    Wich was what they attempted to do.

They imedatley agreed. So I ( in momentarly amnesia about my age ( 46 ) ) said,
    If someone would give me a boost I will claim up and get the cat down.

They did, I got up and got the cat. I dropped the cat down from a lower hight to the arms of the owner.
    wich imedatly let the cat go, The cat took the long leg up towards the forrest and was loon gone before I managed to climb down.

They were very impressed that I could climb trees. I kept my cool and said that it was not my first tree to climb.
    We said our godbyes and home I and my dog went.

Now I sitting here with a shaky and hurting body but rather pleased with my self that I still can clilmb trees.
    Even thou to a cost but none the less!

And the cat is free.

Annika
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Forgott my age....for a while but it came back to bite me! :-)

So good of you to help. I would think I could still climb also but then the thought of the trip back down would cross my mind and I would have to tell myself no way old lady. I have a few years on you but you win in the bravery department.

Comment

So nice of you to help! And I'm very impressed!

(says the soon-to-be 48 year old that can't climb a tree even if her life depends upon it)

Comment

I think even at the ripe old age of 63 I would probably have done the same thing.
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I have not climbed a tree since I was in high school! Growing up, my best friends house had a ginourmous holly tree that we used to climb. I don't know whose idea it was to take her dog up in it one day, but we didn't see that dog again for about a week after she fell out of it! Another day her and I were sitting up in the plum tree eating plums (we were not supposed to climb the plum tree and soon found out why!) when all of a sudden we hear CRACK and we went crashing to the ground! I don't know how we missed the neighbors picket fence, so I'm sure it was just dumb luck. Turns out the tree was rotten, at least parts of it, but nobody explained that part to us till after! How we survived our childhoods, I have no clue....
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I'm 67 and still climb the apple tree for those last few apples at the top. Long hot soak and a glass of wine, dear.

Comment

Hurray for the tree climbers of the world! Given the right tree, I might (emphasis on "might") try it again, but don't bet your money too fast.

Nancy
              Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

Fortunately, at 77, I am afraid of heights. I haven't climbed a tree since I was 6, and it was a small peach tree. They only grow about 8 feet tall!

Comment

Oh, Annika, I am so sorry, but your story made me laugh! Hope you're feeling better now, and that your pet rescue days are over.

Comment

I like your daring! good for you!
                    Nancy

Comment

Good for you! I would like to think that at almost 50 I could still climb a tree if I had too.
                      quilting, baking, hockey = life is good

Comment

Annika you have all kinds of talents,i never would have attempted to climb the tree I haven't been in one since elementary school.
                        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Annika, what a hoot! I would have been up there with you!
                          Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                          Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

You are a good soul. Now you have bragging rights to your kids and friends.

Comment

wow! That's totally cool! I just turned 49 and no way would you catch me climbing a tree! Good on you for helping that poor wee kitty! Wonder if it ever found its way back home again!?

Comment

Working...
                              X