Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle Monday

Happy Monday everyone!
    My day is already in full swing. Days like these make me glad that I am a morning person! Hubs is off to work, Gracie, the chi chi is already up and at 'em, Dinah Kitty has been cuddled a bit, and the rest of the coffee is mine. I am thinking of a tote/bag I want to make today. If you need some inspiration and haven't been following the Moda County Fair here is a link with it's description
    http://modafabrics.blogspot.com/2011...designers.html
    There are loads of free patterns and yummy fabrics and designs. All in all it is a wonderful way to enjoy your morning coffee and wake up time.
    Yesterday was football day here. So many games and each one started with the unfurling of the American Flag and touching renditions of the Star Spangled Banner. Sis brought over some huge homemade pumpernickel rolls and sandwich makings. While the guys feasted and watched the games, we strolled down the hill to see Mom. She was taking a nap, poor thing. Seems as if we wore her out the night before. However, she was still so thrilled with our surprise jammie party of the night before. She announced that she was happy she produced two fun filled girls. She even got out some long ago started projects that she may finish. I hope she does. Cat and I decided she needs to DO something different these days to keep her moving along.

What's up for you today?
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Middle Monday

Good Morning, Today is my first meeting as a new member to our local quilting guild. I can hardly wait. Really looking forward to it.
    :icon_wave: Those who sleep under a quilt are wrapped in love

Comment

Whaz up? Well, . . . a well goes down,doesn't it? Let's see. The sky is up . . . oh, that's not what you meant either.

Off, finally, to see the endocrinologist today. Wish me luck. I'm up early for me and want to go back to sleep!!!! I'll drop in and visit Mom before heading back home. DH is going to be gone to his 5D software class for the embroidery digitizing program so I'll have the afternoon to play catch-up. Tonight is quilt guild night so I'll see what that brings. Nothing else planned.

I'm going to be looking for Donna - wish she was in our guild.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Good Morning Everyone....

We had a good weekend of doing pretty much nothing!!! I managed to sew a bit and finished 14 of my Dresden Plates. I still have ever so many more to go! I'm off to the vet with Molly again this morning to see if the new insulin is working (I don't think it is). I wish I could check her sugar at home, but it's too awkward with a dog-you either have to go into a vein or in the margin of an ear. Molly isn't fond of either of these ordeals, so I leave the chore to the vet and I hold her mouth shut. Terriers can be a bit snappy when not feeling well.

I'm so relieved there were no major incidents yesterday on the 10th anniversary of 9-11. The whole event is still so surreal, even on film ten years later.

I'm off to start my busy day and I wish you all a fantastic Monday....

Sandy good luck today at your dr appointment...you are in my prayers.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hello! Had a great weekend with the hubs and grown up kids. Watched football, the guys worked on the son's truck, church, tribute to the anniversary or 9/11 and I worked on the tree skirt and table runner too! An update on our south Texas fires. They are finally, as of yesterday, 70% contained. There are now many homeless and needy people. The YMCA has been designated as the organizer of all the volunteers to help clean up, distribute and separate all the many donations. I'll be up there helping organize. My daughter is the exec. director and she asked for my help last night as she knows I'm an organizing freak. I have tried to volunteer or bring items of need to the churches and Red Cross for days but they all have lists of people that are doing the same and enough food, clothes, etc. that they are not taking anymore and that was as of Thursday! Our community has been such a blessing to all those in need! In these economic times people have given and given, it's such a wonderful testament to the human spirit. Everyone have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning. It will be a beautiful day today. Hoping to get more blocks done for the swap. I ran out of fabric but was able to find other fabric that will work from my stash.

Not much planned other than that.

Sandy - good luck at dr's.

Twnkeyes - you have an awesome day. Feels good to help others doesn't it.

Blondie - are you making me a tote? How lovely. Have fun sewing today. Your mom is so lucky to have you both and you are both lucky to still have your mom. I am a little envious, as I lost mine a couple of years age.

Donna - have a wonderful time at your meeting.

To everyone, enjoy the day and count your blessings.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hi All!

Blondie - you are so lucky to still be able to enjoy your mom. Keep having those jammie parties.

Donna & Sandy - enjoy your guild meetings. Mine is tomorrow night and we are turning in our crazy quilt blocks. I sure would like to win those. My turn to bring snacks - what to bring, what to bring!!

Sandy - good luck at the Dr's.

Barb - hope Molly's blood sugar is good. How often do you have to take her to get it checked?

Twnk - so glad the fires are getting under control. I am right there with you about appreciating how communities come together as we've been seeing allot of that here in Vermont after Irene visited. 2 weeks later and people still need help cleaning up and people are still volunteering. I remember seeing a news blurb about a convoy of utility trucks from Texas showing up in one of hardest hit, cut off towns. Thanks guys!!!

I had a lovely weekend. Beautiful fall weather and lovely full moon reflecting in the lake. Unfortunately, that same moon kept me awake all night last night (or at least until 3am) and I'm really dragging at work now. I have a massage appointment tonight and I bet I'll fall asleep on the table. My therapist is great and she just does her thing while I snooze. It's great, can't wait!

Have a great day everyone. Prayers to those in need everywhere.

Hugs,
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Good morning... had a really nice weekend. Have been saving up so I could give my DH an awesome bothday gift and that happened this weekend. A helicopter ride over the mountians and glaciers. Followed by a tour of a private collection of music machine...nicleodeans, organette etc. THe owner found a kindred spirit in my hubby and has invited him to come and spend a full day seeing the rest of his hug e collection and leran how to repair them.
                I also made peach muffins using Bec's recipe. Turned out awesome! Thanks Bec!
                This past week our province has been on an Amber alert for the kidnapping of a 3 year old boy from his home. The man who took him has a previous record for abusing children so we have been on pins and needles hoping for the childs discovery. Our prayers were answered in the early hours of Sunday when the child was returned and apparently unharmed. Still looking for the man though. We will find him as in this day and age you can only hide out so long without resources.
                Needless to day no sewing for me but I look forward to it this week as it is my "therapy". Quilting is the BEST!
                Have a great day everyone. Sandy good luck at your doc. appoint.
                Hugs Shauna
                sigpic
                Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Hi ladies!
                  Long time no write and I've missed your daily posts. :-( Glad to check in today!
                  I've been following the Moda Country Fair Blog Hop too Blondie. The bloggers posts have been cute and interesting. I'd love to win one of the prizes!
                  Sandy, good luck at the doc appt!
                  Just got most of my cleaning done and started the laundry but am going to take a break soon and head over to the pool. They will be closing it soon and I feel the need to soak up some rays on what I am sure is one of the very last 85 degree days we will have til next year. I have a full size quilt all basted and ready to quilt but who wants to struggle with that on a hot day? Nope, not me. Might work on a pin cushion later.
                  Hope you all have a wonderful day!
                  Patti
                  "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Hi All!
                    These next few days will be busy for me. I help out at the state fair for both the 4-H & the FFA. I'm going to be busy with all of those preparations. I was also informed that I have about 75 pounds of tomatoes coming home with my husband tonight. His buddy has family in Eastern Washington and he went over for a visit. I'll be making tomato sauce and paste in my very near future! Oh boy!
                    Enjoy your sewing!
                    Cathy
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Aloha friends!

Blondie, I love the stories with your sister and mom. My Mams was my best friend and I miss her every day, we were always upto no good. ; ) hehe

Sandy, prayers that all goes well at the doctors.

Buddy, hope Molly's insulin works. Always hard to see our animals in pain.

We were hoping to be able to just have one car here on Hawaii but our classic '72 Mustang just isn't ment for that anymore, plus it takes forever for parts to get to the islands and the shipping is crazy! Been looking for a month and yesterday we found a car. Yea!! Air conditioning...OMG I'm in heaven, lumbar support for my back, I kissed my husband!!!

Anywho, I'm heading to Fabric Mart today...I'm so excited. DH asked me yesterday where I wanted to go, DUH! He's been dragging is feet, 'cause it's an hour plus drive from where we live. Now we can put in a CD, crank up the sounds, have the air on and head down the scenic road.

Well gals, wish everyone a great day, be blessed and much love from me.

Ruby
                      sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Sandy, good luck with the doctor. I'll be praying for you.
                        Shauna, thank goodness they found the little boy that was taken.
                        Barb, good luck with your baby. I hope she gets better. Maybe they will up the dosage on her insulin.
                        Cathy, have fun at your fair. I know you have a lot of work to do, but take time for fun too.
                        We had a quiet weekend. We watched our team win their first game of the season. I read, and then saw the 911 show on the CBS network. Both 60 minutes and remembering 911. The 911 show was very moving. I did ok until the kids visited the firefighters and sang for them, then I lost it. Having been a firefighter and a medic, the loss of all those people and the first responders, it felt really personal to me. What kills me is how many more people are still dying from the effects of that horrible day. Knowing that my son, Joe, is a firefighter now and could find himself in harms way, doesn't make it any easier. We all worry about him going to work everyday.
                        I'll let everyone know how Emily's blood work comes out this week.
                        Love to you all and prayers for those who need them. Hugs, Jan L.
                        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Jan...As you know I sure can relate to you regarding that horrible day and I pray we never have another one like it. My prayers are with your son for a long and safe career!
                          sigpic
                          Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Thank you Shauna, I know you understand the first responders point of view, as well as the survivors and the families who lost someone. Love you. Jan
                            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                            X