Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Thursday!

Good Morning!

The bright spot of my morning has got to be having that first cup of coffee. Or maybe it's smelling that aroma as the freshly ground beans get swathed in hot water, swirling down into the pot. Or maybe it is the feeling that gives - you know the feeling; I can tackle anything as long as I have my coffee. Gosh, this sounds like a serious addiction. Actually, I find coffee a comfort "food" in the morning. Sure, it gives me an inner glow at the scent, warmth and taste. If it's an addiction blame my Daddy. No better yet, blame my Granny. She liked her coffee strong and black - so strong a spoon could stand at attention - excuse me a moment, ahhh, needed that big gulp of the hot brew. I think what I love even more than my first cup of coffee in the wee hours while it is still dark, are the hands that carry that mug to me. When I get up, Luscious always has the steamy cup waiting for me. True Loves. No better way to start the day.

Now that I am dewy eyed over the train of thought that coffee brings me to, what's up on the schedule for you today? I am off to work - I will need more coffee to help me through the maze of perm rods, phone calls.

Thoughts and prayers for those in Pennsy who are in the flood water areas and Texas who are battling the wild fires.
    Hope you have a wonderful day! I will!
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: It's Thursday!

Blondie, you definitely have a love affair with coffee! I drink it as well and LOVE the smell, but I have to drink decaf or else I am like a shaking leaf a few hours later. Not a pretty sight. Everytime I go through the drive through to buy a cup of coffee I make sure they gave me decaf. There have been times they said yes, but I know withing 1 to 1 1/2 hours later that they were wrong. That's really frustrating as it takes hours for the shakes to go away.

I start teaching a basic income tax course this morning for work. 2 days a week all the way through mid December. I haven't taught this course in almost 12 years, so I'm strung a little tight this morning. Definitely don't want any regular coffee this morning! But, I'm also looking forward to it--I love to teach and have done it on and off for the past 12 years for work.

So everyone have a great day. Do some sewing for me as I don't think I'll get anything done at all.
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Well last week hubby and I gave up coffee. Thought it would be more devastating than it was. Maybe because a year ago we had switched to lite coffee. Doing fine without it until this morning. We are to leave tonight for ATL. My 19 year old son is having back surgery tomorrow morning and I am starting to get pretty nervous. I just wanted my coffee this morning although I think it is making me more nervous. Please keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery and May God's hands be the surgeons hands and Blessed Mother by his nurse.
      Patrice

Comment

Good Morning!

Patrice - prayers for your son. I hope his surgery goes well.

I LOVE the smell of coffee and HATE the taste. Even the hint of the taste will ruin a whole dish for me (kinda like broccoli). But I do have my hot cocoa every day (even though it's the light kinds, not homemade).

Martha - I'm sure you class will go just fine once you get back into the swing of it. Don't worry.

It's work for me today.

Have a great day,
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Good morning, Lovely Quilting Friends! Still rainy here....and cooler. Feels like a soup kind of day....but no luck with that. Am off soon to spend the day with my two DGD's....Meemee gets to act crazy and let her inner child come out! They love when we play pretend. (always the queen and never the princess! Haha!)

Will be thinking of you, Martha. If your teaching is anything like your quilting, you will come through with flying colors! (and I bet it is.....)

Patrice....prayers are with you and your son. We never stop worrying about them, do we?

Have a good day at work, Nancy and Blondie. Hope you both get a chance to do some sewing when it is time to relax.

Good day to everyone.
          Cynthia

Comment

Hi Patrice, I will definitely have you, your DH, and your son in my prayers. Having gone through three back surgeries I know what he's going through. Prayers also for your safe trip to Atlanta and back.
            I love coffee too, Blondie. Always have. When I was a kid, every Sunday morning we would have coffee with my Dad. Well, you could call it milk, with a trace of coffee. lol I couldn't wait to get old enough to drink the stronger stuff. I was told it would stunt my growth but seeing as how I was 5'10" tall, by the time I was fourteen, I wasn't worried. In fact, since I was taller than most boys my age, I was hoping it would help stunt my growth.
            Have a safe trip Sandy and hubby.
            Have a great day everyone and break a stitch! Hugs, Jan L.
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Oh the smell of coffee!! I love it. I also can't wait for that first cup in the morning. My dear sweet Mother's house always smelled like coffee and toothpaste in the morning. . Brings back memories of when I would run over to her house in the morning just for a minute. Miss her!
              Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Good Morning!
                I love the smell of coffee, but unless it is well doctored with milk, sugar, or chocolate I usually pass. I'm not a big fan of the bitter dark-roasted stuff my husband buys. I'd rather that my coffee taste more like dessert!
                Well, all of my grand plans for yesterday fell through. I tweaked my hip and lower back yesterday morning. I am feeling much better this morning, but am taking it slow. I did get a few things tidied up that didn't require a bunch of bending.
                We have "Coffee with the Principle" this morning at school. It lets the parents touch base with the administration and have input on things that are happening around the school. It also helps the parents get to know each other. The principal is a hoot. I really like our little elementary school.
                I had better go make the little Miss her lunch and get her ready to head out the door.
                Cathy
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Ahhhhhhh, had my coffee already - I love it but I don't have the love-affair with it that Blondie has. I do have a love-affair with this roommate of mine though. My favorite, if I'm out and about? Raspberry Mocha!!!! There's a little privately owned coffee house locally and they roast their own beans and make the BEST coffee. Starbucks and Seattle's Best be darned! Hazel's is perfect.

Enough about coffee. Sending out special prayers to Patrice and her son, to our favorite little Emily, to our friends in PA and TX - how I wish they could somehow switch their weather patterns just enough to stop the flooding and stop the blazing. And here we are suffering with some of the most perfect weather anyone could imagine. Al has taken DeeOGee to the kennel where he'll be playing for a few days while we enjoy some alone time and our short travel. It should be a great weekend for us. I get to SEW!!!

Also, before I forget, several years ago I ran across some books written by Emilie Richards. Enjoyed them thoroughly and read all that I could get my hands on. While cleaning out my storage room the other day I ran across one of them and decided to re-read it since it dealt with QUILTING. It's titled "Wedding Ring". If you haven't read her books, look for them. There's more than just quilting but the moral and stories are fantastic. The reason I bring this up is that I have to ask a question of my Eastern US friends - especially those in W VA, VA, NC, and SC - may be able to help me out. In the book she writes about 'PELSING' and the 'PELSNICKLERS'. Now I had never heard of this before and don't even remember reading about it in the book before.

ANYONE know about this custom?

Okay, I'm off here in a bit. Got to throw some undies in a bag and get ready for a grand weekend. I'm sending lots and lots of love, hugs, prayers, best wishes to all my wonderful on-line quilty friends. BTW do you all know that our dear little Patticakes starts working in a QUILT SHOP today? Bless her heart, I hope she earns a paycheck and doesn't spend it all on eye candy!!!!!
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Good morning from the Mountians. Working out of town the rest of this week. Beautiful weather! Problem is I have been working in so many places latley I kept forgetting where I am...if that make sense. This morning I even called the wrong office to get the morning report...Ugghh!
                    Patrice - prayers for your son. I hope his surgery goes well. Prayers too for the flood and fire folks. We too have started to have some fire scares...not good in the fall.
                    I was sitting and drinking my coffee (YUM) this morning and redesigning our retirement house. Initially I was going to use the mud/laundry room as my sewing room but I have decided to make use of the space over the master suite and make a sewing room up there. Nice to have a dedicated space plus I am too messy when sewing and the back entrance just won't work. Just have to fiqure how it will work for access from the second floor. In my other life I would have loved to have been an architect/home designer.
                    Well thats about it...have a great safe day everyone...HUGS Shauna
                    sigpic
                    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Aloha all, ahh the smell of my morning coffee. Thirtyone years later and DH still brings me the first cup.

Patrice, prayers and healing light to your son, may his surgery go well. Special prayers to little Emily and all the families in the flood and fire zones. Mother nature is on a war path this last year.

Martha, you'll do just fine. From reading your post, you're a natural teacher! You'll do well.

Sandy, have fun! Make sure there's a little romance in there somewhere. ; )

Just got off the phone with DD, she sent off my two boxes of fabrics. Wasn't sure if I was going to get into quilting again, 'cause it's a costly hobby and we're on a budget. BUT it makes me happy...so had to ask her to ship it off. It's on the slow boat which means it could take 4 weeks to get here. Hopefully it will be faster, some of our book boxes made it here in 2 weeks.

Going to take it easy, my Fibro is not behaving at all today. Might get some crocheting in as I can do that laying down.

Have a wonderful day all and be thankful for what we all have. Hugs, Ruby
                      sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Have a good and relaxing time Sandy. Patrice, I'll be praying for your son and for the Doctors hands to be guided to fix the problem.
                        Shauna, I'm sorry you don't know where you are. lol I'm kidding, that is a weird feeling. I'm sorry you have to travel so much. How long to retirement? Love and prayers to you all for safe travel and healthy outcomes of surgery. Love, Hugs, and prayers, Jan L. <\\\\\X

Comment

Ruby, I hope you are feeling better. And Cathy, you too. Prayers for both of you. Hugs, Jan L.

Comment

Hi Folksies

Here I am pulling up the rear. Just really getting to sit down and relax at the end of a long yet satisfying day.
                            Work was a mixed bag of changed appt scheduling - why does that always seem to come in bunches. And then I went down to Mom's to help her with her computer. She has switched providers and is now in dial up. I had forgotten how much I disliked dial up. While I was piddling around with her 'puter, she made some chocolate chip cookies. Mine never taste as good as Mommy's! Why is that?? Same recipe. I think I don't hold my mouth right or something. Came home, cooked some delish macaroni and cheese and some OMGoodness good parmesan garlic chicken. My house still smells of the fresh chopped and smashed garlic. No Twilight characters will be hanging around us for a bit. LOL.

Well, quilting sisters, I do love my coffee. Yes, I do. And if I feel like dessert, I do have a mocha, thank you very much Sandy for sharing that one with me. In the winter, I especially like my Irish Creme poured in it with some real cream and sugar. Oh, now that is yummy. Maybe that is why I sleep better in the winter??

Sweet Ruby, I hope your fibro isn't too painful tomorrow. I am so sorry to read that you have this condition.

Patrice, I was off line before your post about your son. Please know that I will be keeping him in my thoughts as well as you! A mother's prayers are always so strong!

Sandy, I have never heard of Pelsnickers - or Pelsing. Must not be anything in this part of NC. At first I thought I saw Belsnickel - which of course, is a type of Santa figure that was popular back in time and some folk artists have revived his imagery. Personally, I find that figure a bit dark for my Pollyanna tendencies. Next time I am at the library, I will look up this author. Our taste runs the same, so if you enjoyed the read, I know that I will as well.

Okay, gals. Off to enjoy what's left of the evening with the big teddy bear. Before you know it, he will be carrying my coffee to me because it will be morning! Blessings in abundance to each and every dear friend here.

Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Coffee - yum! I drink more of it than I should. I think it keeps me going and going . . .

Floods here - terrible. More to come. Still, our house is okay and we have school tomorrow. Alot don't. My sisters are flooded in their basements - one said that she heard a gushing noise and went downstairs to see the water breaking through her basement window - window caved in and all. And, I can't get down there to get to them because the roads are closed all around us and them. Oldest DS was supposed to come home from Virginia tonight but I begged him to stay another night at least and he agreed. He will be driving tomorrow though and I am now talking him into staying south of where we are where it isn't flooded for tomorrow night. He has to go through the flooded areas to get home. So, fortunately he has a friend there below the Hbg. area where he can stay.
                              The kitty in the tissue box that Blondie posted is funny. Our Wallace was so tiny when we found him that he fit so perfectly inside a tissue box here that he was missing for almost an entire day. He slept in that box for a few weeks. I have one photo of it and if I ever can scan it onto the computer, I'll share it with you. As a matter of fact, I think my Dad has the photo on his fridge. He gets a chuckle everytime he sees it so I just leave it there for him.
                              Was busy sewing tonight and making more chocolate chip cookies. This time for the post office man. I took Odie's cookies in to be mailed and the post office guy saved me about $15. by talking me into repacking my box full of cookies and books for Odie into one of their priority mail boxes, that I think he deserves some cookies himself. Especially after seeing the cookies I made for my son and they did smell heavenly. I think he will be quite surprised when I show up with a bag full of them just for him. One can never do enough kind deeds for someone else when they least expect it. ))

Well, better head to bed since I have to get up and go school the kiddos tomorrow. They never cease to amaze me with some of the things they try to get away with. I surely am looking forward to the weekend - but not the flooding part of areas I grew up in.

Hugs,

Comment

Working...
                              X