Concealed Carry Handbag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concealed Carry Handbag

I just ordered a Concealed Carry Handbag and hope I am going to like it. Does anyone here have one, and if so what kind??? What are your likes and dislikes??
    Glenda

When life goes to pieces.......Make a Quilt!

Re: Concealed Carry Handbag

Is this a ready made item or a pattern? I never heard of these, but I don't carry a weapon either.

Comment

Oh!!! If mama ever gets her license switched I will have to get her one!
      sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

Shirley has one.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          Is this a ready made item or a pattern? I never heard of these, but I don't carry a weapon either.
          Jean it is a ready made. This is the one I ordered.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          Glenda

Comment

Interesting! Since my city has the dubious distinction of being the most dangerous city in America, maybe this would be of interest to future customers of mine. It would be easy to build these compartments and use a luggage lock to lock it. Gives me the chills to think of carrying a gun.

PS. Love the matching underwear in the Amazon ad!

Comment

That is a nice looking CC bag, a lot are not. Jean, they used to have a line of CC carry underwear called Thunderpants.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Interesting! Since my city has the dubious distinction of being the most dangerous city in America, maybe this would be of interest to future customers of mine. It would be easy to build these compartments and use a luggage lock to lock it. Gives me the chills to think of carrying a gun.

PS. Love the matching underwear in the Amazon ad!
                I am almost 60 years old and have used guns all my life for hunting. I grew up and still live in the country. I was raised with guns and taught to respect them. The way things are these days I would rather be safe than sorry.
                Glenda

Comment

I have a pattern to make one, but I have yet to do so. They also sell those purses at Cabella's if you live near one.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

It would be easy to build these compartments and use a luggage lock to lock it. Gives me the chills to think of carrying a gun.
                    If you make one - line the outer gun compartment with fabric that doesn't have any type of lint. Not good to have the barrel of your gun get all linty. Also, nix the luggage lock idea. The purpose of carrying a concealed weapon is to have ease of access to it at all times. On the purse on Amazon you will notice that the compartment has a zipper on either side, this is so they don't have to sell right and left handed versions of the same purse. You would need to make sure the straps and where they are connected are reinforced well since a gun, even a small one adds quite a bit of weight to a bag.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                      If you make one - line the outer gun compartment with fabric that doesn't have any type of lint. Not good to have the barrel of your gun get all linty. Also, nix the luggage lock idea. The purpose of carrying a concealed weapon is to have ease of access to it at all times. On the purse on Amazon you will notice that the compartment has a zipper on either side, this is so they don't have to sell right and left handed versions of the same purse. You would need to make sure the straps and where they are connected are reinforced well since a gun, even a small one adds quite a bit of weight to a bag.
                      well, I agree that locks would impede you getting to your weapon, but the one Glenda posted has a lock and key on it. I heard just recently of a little kid getting into his mom's conceal carry purse and took the gun out, fired it and killed himself. So, are the guns supposed to be locked up or not?

Comment

There was also, in Idaho shortly before Christmas, the little boy who got his moms gun from a purse like this, while at Walmart. He pulled the trigger and shot and killed his mother.
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

well, I agree that locks would impede you getting to your weapon, but the one Glenda posted has a lock and key on it. I heard just recently of a little kid getting into his mom's conceal carry purse and took the gun out, fired it and killed himself. So, are the guns supposed to be locked up or not?
                          I choose this one because of this, I have 3 young grandsons that are with me often. That way when they are at the house it will be locked. All my other guns are in a gun safe, always locked!
                          Glenda

Comment

This is the one that I have, School Girl Satchel.

I love it. It has a slash proof strap and is big enough that I can put my ipad in the main compartment (that does make it VERY heavy though). It was a little pricey, but I think it was well worth it. I have had it over a year and have no complaints, other than it can get heavy when I cram a bunch of extra stuff in it. I looked around for a pattern to make one, but decided to purchase for my main purse. If I find a patter I like I may make a "weekend" purse.

IMG_0688.JPGIMG_0686.JPGIMG_0687.JPG
                            Melissa

I really hate it when the voices in my head argue among themselves as though I wasn't even in the room.

I tried to be normal once......worst two minutes of my life.

Comment

I'll pull mine out when I go upstairs and let you know what it's called.
                              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X