Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can barely drag my heart around behind me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can barely drag my heart around behind me...

I've been going to see my sister, spent yesterday there with her. Prayed with her. Hugged her, loved her.

It's so hard. No sleep at night... that is when the images come, dreams, tossing turning...

I wake up barely get coffee, call to see how she is before deciding if I should go again today or not. I think I should.

But, I decided to check facebook and see what is up. My cousin has posted another post about my sister ... going on and on about saying good bye, her giving up and her leaving. WHAT?

I was there yesterday, I fed her, I spoke a Hospice nurse who never said she was going anywhere. I'm flipping! This time I said something. I told her it was not true and that she needed to stop it. She is not a family spokesperson, and for the sake of our family she needed to stop.

What is up with this person? Importance issues? I've reported it to Facebook to be taken down. I pray they do. Or she does. I called my nephew and he said he would call her. But, he doesn't need this junk going on either. Two of my sisters are all kinds of mad about it.

What can we do if she won't stop?

Re: I can barely drag my heart around behind me...

I'm so sorry about your sister and this situation sounds so stressful I went though Hopice with my aunt. They do really good work.

Would you feel daring enough to call her out on Facebook? She sounds really selfish and looking for attention. I'm not one to give advice because I hardly go there except to look at my kids pictures.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'm so sorry for the situation. I really don't understand why your cousin keep doing things like that... So sorry.
      I hope Fb take down the post. I really don't understand why things like this happen. It's hurting a lot of feelings!
      My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Kensington, don't waste your time with FB. Your sister needs you and not the drama your cousin seems to live for.

Spend time with your sister, hold her, tell her you love her and leave all the other stuff behind. Follow your heart not FB posts.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

That is just terrible. Some people just aren't happy unless they are causing drama. ( I have been accused of this myself, lol) Seems to me like she is making things appear to be worse than they actually are, and trying to make people feel sorry for her. Tell her how you feel, get it off your chest, then spend as much time as you want with your sister. Prayers being said for all of you sweetie. Hang in there.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

I did call her out on facebook, and asked her on behalf of Val's sons, brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews to take it down.

It's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. I told you earlier, I'm related to idiots. My dad thought they were all nuts and never had anything much to do with them. NOW I see why.

Comment

Public Facebook post on your wall about how this person is NOT a spokesperson for your family and that you have no clue why she keeps posting things are aren't quite true. Post that if there are any updates on your sister that people can check your wall, or that of your other sisters.

Basically make it known that this...woman... is not someone to go to for any information about your sister's health.

Or you know.. ignore the idiot altogether.

Comment

Kensington, I'm so sorry for this difficult situation, and the pain you and your family are experiencing. As far as FB goes, you have no control over what your cousin chooses to post. Perhaps she likes the attention from FB friends, perhaps this is how the pain and fear regarding your sister is being dealt with. Could you write one brief comment on FB saying that what she is writing is not the true situation, and then block her posts so that you no longer have to see them? I doubt FB will take them down, but at least if you don't have to see them, they wouldn't be a constant upsetting reminder. Blocking on FB is perfect for situations like this.

So very sorry you are dealing with this.
                Thimbleena

Comment

I'm feeling your heartbreak for your sister & your anger with your cousin. Sometimes our heartbreak leads to anger that needs *something* to focus on; and your cousin is not respecting your family's boundaries. I would be mad too. Then I would block her account on FB so you don't have to see her posts. I have several FB friends whose posts I block because they push my buttons. You can block without the person you are blocking knowing that you are doing it.

Comment

What can we do if she won't stop?
                    Stop giving her all that attention.

Comment

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
                      Stop giving her all that attention.
                      That's odd to say. She's not giving her attention she is asking her to stop which she doesn't seem to grasp.

This girl needs a licking
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

It's Munchausen's by Facebook proxy. She does it because others who aren't as aware of the situation give her attention and sympathy. I feel sorry for her. She has such a deficit in her own life that she feels she needs to exploit your sister and the kind, loving hearts of others to make herself feel fulfilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Peggi View Post
                          It's Munchausen's by Facebook proxy. She does it because others who aren't as aware of the situation give her attention and sympathy. I feel sorry for her. She has such a deficit in her own life that she feels she needs to exploit your sister and the kind, loving hearts of others to make herself feel fulfilled.
                          I have to agree with this... As soon as I read it, I knew it. She is getting sympathy. Not sure for what, she is not passing away, and her sister is not. Infact, my sister is not passing away today, and I don't want to see posts saying she is.

I guess I need to block them all.

Comment

Another reason why I will never do FB. Not worth the drama that ALWAYS get stirred up.
                            I feel sorry for your cousin acting out for attention and my heart is with you and the rest of the family through this hard time. Block her on FB and spend your energy and time with your sister , you won't regret it. AND you will be able to live with yourself at the end of the day.
                            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                            Sigmund Freud

Comment

{{{HUGS}}} I'm so sorry for all the drama that your cousin is causing.

Comment

Working...
                              X