X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bubba
    replied
    Re: 2014 Santa Swap

This whole post is idiotic. You are trying to defend yourself for something YOU did by attacking everyone in this forum. As you stated in your last post, it involved about 30 people. This should have been posted into that group post so they would see it, not us. What you do in your 'group' is none of our business. If we wanted it to be our business, we would have joined the group to begin with.

Everyone, please think before you post. Lots of hurt feelings could be avoided. I would have thought that lesson would have been learned after last year.

Leave a comment:

• Doloris
    replied

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
    AMEN!!!!!!!
    Everyone is just proving my point!!!

Leave a comment:

• kaydee
    replied

Originally posted by Rhonda D. Matzker View Post
    Kaydee say what you want I do not care. Your idea of sending everything to one place is idiotic. We had 30+ people participate and only 2 that had issues so I think that is pretty good. I put in the rules for this year that at least 75-80% of the gifts should be homemade (not necessarily quilted-just homemade) and there is a price limit on store purchased gifts this year as well. There are other issues with the person in question that I am not going to get involved in as that is a site admin's problem not mine. I think the swap went well last year regardless of this one little hiccup and I think this year's is going to be even better especially if all 50+ members participate the whole year.
    Rhonda, you need to calm down. I was talking with Auntiemerm about what are reasonable expectations in a swap. I was basically agreeing with her, but pointing out that there will always be those "2" because that's just a fact of life (hence the bell curve analogy). I also offered, as a possible solution, the only thing I could think of that would avoid one person getting the dollar store/garage sale package. (The idea which you labeled "idiotic". Thanks for that.)

I was talking hypothetically, as that's how she posed the question. I have no idea, nor do I care one iota, what happened in your swap this year, LAST year or next year.

And I am NOT nasty, nor am I an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Carol336
    replied

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
    Precisely why I never participate in any swaps
    AMEN!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda D. Matzker
    replied

Kaydee say what you want I do not care. Your idea of sending everything to one place is idiotic. We had 30+ people participate and only 2 that had issues so I think that is pretty good. I put in the rules for this year that at least 75-80% of the gifts should be homemade (not necessarily quilted-just homemade) and there is a price limit on store purchased gifts this year as well. There are other issues with the person in question that I am not going to get involved in as that is a site admin's problem not mine. I think the swap went well last year regardless of this one little hiccup and I think this year's is going to be even better especially if all 50+ members participate the whole year.

Leave a comment:

• kaydee
    replied

You know, it's too bad that you all can't work out some way to have everyone send the gifts to one place, then sort the gifts out, spread them out to different people, then remail the packages (randomly) to the participants. Rather than one person getting a whole year's worth from just one person, you would get an assortment of things from 12 different people. That way you could spread out the good, the bad and the ugly. Perhaps it would be cost prohibitive. Just an idea.

Edit: ha ha -- I was jus thinking that if you did that, you might end up getting one of your own gifts back. That might be fun!
    Last edited by kaydee; January 18th, 2015, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kaydee
    replied

auntiemerm,

I often refer back to the bell curve. Yup, the vast majority of people are going to be in the bell and do things like you did, but then there will be those outliers. They just think a little different, for whatever reason. Unless the rules are explicitly clear, you can probably expect one or two of those in any group.

I have to say, as a side note, that I'm very impressed with those of you that participate in that swap. I looked at some of the pictures a while back, and holy cow! Very impressive.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Not all of my handmade gifts were quilted either, but they were hand made...not some dollar stuff from the dollar store, or with yard sale stickers on them. That is just wrong.
    Originally posted by kaydee View Post
    auntiemerm,

I can see your point. I can see how one would expect that. It seems almost obvious. On the other hand, I've never quilted a thing in my life (which is something I hope to change this year). I make tops for charity, and others tie them, etc. So it's possible there are others on here like me who would not necessarily think to "quilt" something even though it's a swap on a quilting board.

Leave a comment:

• kaydee
    replied

auntiemerm,

I can see your point. I can see how one would expect that. It seems almost obvious. On the other hand, I've never quilted a thing in my life (which is something I hope to change this year). I make tops for charity, and others tie them, etc. So it's possible there are others on here like me who would not necessarily think to "quilt" something even though it's a swap on a quilting board.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Whoops....I did it again. Aren't those lyrics in a song?
    Now I have a question for all of you lovely ladies. If you joined a quilt forum, and then joined a quilt swap, wouldn't you expect at least 1 swapped gift out of the 12 you were supposed to send, to be quilted?

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

To kaydee, shirleyknot, and sidesaddles none of you needed to so nasty toward me about what I wrote. I was referring to something I was misinformed about and I know for a fact that people in this forum have a tendency to put their two cents about things that don't concern them as you three clearly demonstrated here.
    Sorry Rhonda but I disagree, when you post on a forum it concerns anyone that wants to reply.

Leave a comment:

• kaydee
    replied

To kaydee, shirleyknot, and sidesaddles none of you needed to so nasty toward me about what I wrote. I was referring to something I was misinformed about and I know for a fact that people in this forum have a tendency to put their two cents about things that don't concern them as you three clearly demonstrated here. There was nothing in my post that was offensive and if you found it that offensive you need to get out more because you apparently lead an extremely sheltered existence.

I have apologized for my mistake in posting this thread to begin with so there was no need to continue "blasting me" with regard to it.

I have so much I would love to say to you, but I'll just let it go. I'll just say thanks for reminding me to count my blessings.

Hope your day gets better.

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

To kaydee, shirleyknot, and sidesaddles none of you needed to so nasty toward me about what I wrote. I was referring to something I was misinformed about and I know for a fact that people in this forum have a tendency to put their two cents about things that don't concern them as you three clearly demonstrated here. There was nothing in my post that was offensive and if you found it that offensive you need to get out more because you apparently lead an extremely sheltered existence.

I have apologized for my mistake in posting this thread to begin with so there was no need to continue "blasting me" with regard to it.
    Wondering why you were fussing and doing exactly what you were fussing about is nasty? Ok. And an e-blast is an internet advertisement, not a personal blast. Thought everyone knew that. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Rhonda you are a great swap leader! So Don't let this get to you. I'll have to confess that in one of the swaps I didn't make anything. I got someone from Europe and I sent so much hawaiian stuff I forgot to make something. lol I actually pm'd her and said oh my I didn't make anything. She was like are you kidding? She was thrilled.

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda D. Matzker
    replied

I'm not mad at anyone I just want the fussing to stop all together. Here and there

Leave a comment:

Working...
X