This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Santa Swap

I do not know what has been said on here with regard to who received what and how disappointed people were at some of the things that they received as I do not always get on the forum and peruse the topics. Yes, last year there were a couple people who received gifts that they were disappointed at receiving. With that said it is up to the people who received the gifts to contact the person who sent the gifts to let them know that they were disappointed in a particular gift. IT IS NOT every forum member's responsibility to put their two cents in, especially if they DID NOT participate in the swap. I changed the rules for this year's swap with regard to those types of gifts that were received.

So I am asking that all of this to stop as it is uncalled for for EVERYONE to pipe up about something that is truly NONE of THEIR business. It is between the parties involved and they need to talk to one another and get this mess straightened out..
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Re: 2014 Santa Swap

Glad I have a life, such as it is.................

Comment

Originally posted by [SIZE=5
      [/SIZE]Matzker;667821]IT IS NOT every forum member's responsibility to put their two cents in, especially if they DID NOT participate in the swap

. . . So I am asking that all of this to stop as it is uncalled for for EVERYONE to pipe up about something that is truly NONE of THEIR business. It is between the parties involved and they need to talk to one another and get this mess straightened out..
      (enlarged emphasis added).

Yikes!! Flashback to childhood when everyone got in trouble for something one or two people did.

In this case, I not only didn't participate, I didn't even see it. Hopefully that's a sign that it didn't really happen.
      Last edited by kaydee; January 18th, 2015, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I've never seen anything about Secret Santa on this forum and I'm in here every night. I even did a search and found nothing.

Comment

What the heck are you talking about? Haven't seen anything along this line on this site. Maybe you should listen to your own advice.

Comment

I also have never seen any thread pertaining to unhappy Secret Santa people, If there was I would think it would be in the group discussion for the secret santa not here. Clueless and happy! Hate the drama , this is my relax and happy place.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

I believe the reason those of us not participating haven't read anything about the problem is because the activity is in the Groups section of this site. I didn't participate either. I'm sad to hear there's a problem, especially considering the time of year and the fact that it's a giving time and a time to be happy with one another. Such a shame. Perhaps I'm wrong but I assume that's why we are clueless as to what happened. I shall choose to remain clueless. Sounds like an ugly situation.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Precisely why I never participate in any swaps
                Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Rebecca, like at least one other poster, I did a couple of searches and didn't find such a discussion, and the group sections do show up in the searches. That's not saying it didn't happen. I may have just not run the right search queries, but if it did happen in a group section, then maybe someone could move Rhonda's post to the offending thread(s).

I did find her post kind of upsetting. I understand she is upset, so it's no big deal.

Comment

Yup, me too Dolores. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I have enough stress trying to pick out gifts for people I know. I don't need to even trying doing it for people I don't know.

Also, I'm not really interested in receiving things I don't really want. I'm trying to reduce what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
                      Clueless and happy! Hate the drama .
                      Me too! "Clueless and happy" should be my motto. Maybe I can get a mug with that on it.

In the past, I have been tempted to join swaps. I'm glad I didn't.

I guess I live in my own little world. In MY little forum world, we are all happy, content and like each other. I like my world.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverMomm View Post
                        Me too! "Clueless and happy" should be my motto. Maybe I can get a mug with that on it.

In the past, I have been tempted to join swaps. I'm glad I didn't.

I guess I live in my own little world. In MY little forum world, we are all happy, content and like each other. I like my world.
                        That is how I feel too
                        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Okay, my mistake. I was informed it wasn't in the forum after all so forgive me and I am sorry for the post.
                          "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

One wonders why you took it upon yourself to send out such an e-blast to all and sundry.................

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda D. Matzker View Post
                              Okay, my mistake. I was informed it wasn't in the forum after all so forgive me and I am sorry for the post.
                              I forgive you! Hope the problems sort out.

Comment

Working...
                              X