X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Santa Swap

auntiemerm,

I often refer back to the bell curve. Yup, the vast majority of people are going to be in the bell and do things like you did, but then there will be those outliers. They just think a little different, for whatever reason. Unless the rules are explicitly clear, you can probably expect one or two of those in any group.

I have to say, as a side note, that I'm very impressed with those of you that participate in that swap. I looked at some of the pictures a while back, and holy cow! Very impressive.

Comment

You know, it's too bad that you all can't work out some way to have everyone send the gifts to one place, then sort the gifts out, spread them out to different people, then remail the packages (randomly) to the participants. Rather than one person getting a whole year's worth from just one person, you would get an assortment of things from 12 different people. That way you could spread out the good, the bad and the ugly. Perhaps it would be cost prohibitive. Just an idea.

Edit: ha ha -- I was jus thinking that if you did that, you might end up getting one of your own gifts back. That might be fun!
      Last edited by kaydee; January 18th, 2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Kaydee say what you want I do not care. Your idea of sending everything to one place is idiotic. We had 30+ people participate and only 2 that had issues so I think that is pretty good. I put in the rules for this year that at least 75-80% of the gifts should be homemade (not necessarily quilted-just homemade) and there is a price limit on store purchased gifts this year as well. There are other issues with the person in question that I am not going to get involved in as that is a site admin's problem not mine. I think the swap went well last year regardless of this one little hiccup and I think this year's is going to be even better especially if all 50+ members participate the whole year.
        "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
          Precisely why I never participate in any swaps
          AMEN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda D. Matzker View Post
            Kaydee say what you want I do not care. Your idea of sending everything to one place is idiotic. We had 30+ people participate and only 2 that had issues so I think that is pretty good. I put in the rules for this year that at least 75-80% of the gifts should be homemade (not necessarily quilted-just homemade) and there is a price limit on store purchased gifts this year as well. There are other issues with the person in question that I am not going to get involved in as that is a site admin's problem not mine. I think the swap went well last year regardless of this one little hiccup and I think this year's is going to be even better especially if all 50+ members participate the whole year.
            Rhonda, you need to calm down. I was talking with Auntiemerm about what are reasonable expectations in a swap. I was basically agreeing with her, but pointing out that there will always be those "2" because that's just a fact of life (hence the bell curve analogy). I also offered, as a possible solution, the only thing I could think of that would avoid one person getting the dollar store/garage sale package. (The idea which you labeled "idiotic". Thanks for that.)

I was talking hypothetically, as that's how she posed the question. I have no idea, nor do I care one iota, what happened in your swap this year, LAST year or next year.

And I am NOT nasty, nor am I an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
              AMEN!!!!!!!
              Everyone is just proving my point!!!
              Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

This whole post is idiotic. You are trying to defend yourself for something YOU did by attacking everyone in this forum. As you stated in your last post, it involved about 30 people. This should have been posted into that group post so they would see it, not us. What you do in your 'group' is none of our business. If we wanted it to be our business, we would have joined the group to begin with.

Everyone, please think before you post. Lots of hurt feelings could be avoided. I would have thought that lesson would have been learned after last year.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                X