This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Santa Swap

The two I participated in (2012 & 2013) were good. Everyone has a different skill set, so you have to know that going in.

I opted to just do nice things for folks throughout the year in 2014. It kept the stress level much reduced and I could pick something I thought they would like. I do still go back to the groups and snoop through the questions for their preferences though!

There will always be somebody somewhere that isn't happy with what they receive. You can't fix that.

Here is to being grateful for what you do receive!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Peace and love ladies... PLEASE!!!!

Rhonda surely didn't want to blast anyone here!! Plus she wrote she was informed incorrectly and she said she was sorry for the post.

Please be kind. Generally speaking I read inappropriate replies to her first post. If this is an happy and joyful place, let's keep it like this showing respect.
      My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Jeez I didn't know you could have drama on here. That is too bad. This might make a great reality show!
        Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

I have asked that this discussion be removed so I am hoping that it happens and OMG yes you can have MAJOR drama on here. There has been LOADS of drama on here in the past.
          "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

To kaydee, shirleyknot, and sidesaddles none of you needed to so nasty toward me about what I wrote. I was referring to something I was misinformed about and I know for a fact that people in this forum have a tendency to put their two cents about things that don't concern them as you three clearly demonstrated here. There was nothing in my post that was offensive and if you found it that offensive you need to get out more because you apparently lead an extremely sheltered existence.

I have apologized for my mistake in posting this thread to begin with so there was no need to continue "blasting me" with regard to it.
            "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

This entire mess is probably my fault. I commented in the group that I thought a couple of the partners gifts were shameful, without a single hand made item in them. So if any one wants to get PO'ed do it to me.
              Generally the swaps are great, with loving and generous swappers. But I will say it here as well, don't leave the price tags on items you bought at a yard sale...and you should at least make some of them.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

since I was black listed -- it's all mind over matter -- I don't mind and it doesn't matter
                2015 is here
                Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

I'm not mad at anyone I just want the fussing to stop all together. Here and there

Comment

Rhonda you are a great swap leader! So Don't let this get to you. I'll have to confess that in one of the swaps I didn't make anything. I got someone from Europe and I sent so much hawaiian stuff I forgot to make something. lol I actually pm'd her and said oh my I didn't make anything. She was like are you kidding? She was thrilled.
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda D. Matzker View Post
                      To kaydee, shirleyknot, and sidesaddles none of you needed to so nasty toward me about what I wrote. I was referring to something I was misinformed about and I know for a fact that people in this forum have a tendency to put their two cents about things that don't concern them as you three clearly demonstrated here. There was nothing in my post that was offensive and if you found it that offensive you need to get out more because you apparently lead an extremely sheltered existence.

I have apologized for my mistake in posting this thread to begin with so there was no need to continue "blasting me" with regard to it.
                      Wondering why you were fussing and doing exactly what you were fussing about is nasty? Ok. And an e-blast is an internet advertisement, not a personal blast. Thought everyone knew that. Sorry.

Comment

I have so much I would love to say to you, but I'll just let it go. I'll just say thanks for reminding me to count my blessings.

Hope your day gets better.

Comment

To kaydee, shirleyknot, and sidesaddles none of you needed to so nasty toward me about what I wrote. I was referring to something I was misinformed about and I know for a fact that people in this forum have a tendency to put their two cents about things that don't concern them as you three clearly demonstrated here.
                          Sorry Rhonda but I disagree, when you post on a forum it concerns anyone that wants to reply.
                          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Whoops....I did it again. Aren't those lyrics in a song?
                            Now I have a question for all of you lovely ladies. If you joined a quilt forum, and then joined a quilt swap, wouldn't you expect at least 1 swapped gift out of the 12 you were supposed to send, to be quilted?

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

auntiemerm,

I can see your point. I can see how one would expect that. It seems almost obvious. On the other hand, I've never quilted a thing in my life (which is something I hope to change this year). I make tops for charity, and others tie them, etc. So it's possible there are others on here like me who would not necessarily think to "quilt" something even though it's a swap on a quilting board.

Comment

Not all of my handmade gifts were quilted either, but they were hand made...not some dollar stuff from the dollar store, or with yard sale stickers on them. That is just wrong.
                                Originally posted by kaydee View Post
                                auntiemerm,

I can see your point. I can see how one would expect that. It seems almost obvious. On the other hand, I've never quilted a thing in my life (which is something I hope to change this year). I make tops for charity, and others tie them, etc. So it's possible there are others on here like me who would not necessarily think to "quilt" something even though it's a swap on a quilting board.

Marilyn......
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X