Do you ever just wonder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever just wonder?

I had a heart attach going on three years ago. I worked for a while after, but just couldn't keep up with things and the responsibilities. I had to go to the pharmacy today, and my former neighbor is the pharmacy manager. She came over and waited on me.

I asked if her daughter and her family made it in (her daughter and son-in-law are both in the Navy) for Thanksgiving and Mary Ann said no, I guess you haven't heard. I told he I guess I hadn't. She said on the day before Thanksgiving her 32 year old SIL who ran several miles every day came home at lunch complaining of indigestion. About an hour later he collapsed and her daughter started CPR. The ambulance got there and continued CPR and could not resuscitate him. They have an 18 month old baby.

Why does someone who is basically young and in seeming good health with so much to live for drop dead and someone like me that has multiple health issues have a silent heart attack at work and go home and stay in bed for four days before going to the doctor to find out I'd had a heart attack? There probably isn't a good answer for this, but it sure bothers me. I don't have a young child and I'm single, I would hope there would be people who would miss me, but I don't see it being the tragedy that this young mans death is.

I'm sorry for posting such a depressing thread, but I just needed to share with someone. Thanks for listening.

Re: Do you ever just wonder?

You just have to wonder some times. So sad for the family. But we would miss you too Bob.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That is such a sad story, Bob. Makes you wonder sometimes, so true.

Comment

Dear Bob,
        I feel your sadness and frustration. It is so hard when the young die, leaving so much of life unfinished. I was truly sorry to hear of your friend's loss. But, friend, please know with no uncertainty, YOU WOULD BE MISSED TOO! You also 'matter' to many people, including many of us here on the forum.

Hugs for your sorrow,
        Miss Sheri
        sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Many years ago I worked for an oncologist, typing his medical reports to keep the money flowing while I was in college. I'll never forget the day he told me that I'd live to a ripe old age. I questioned him about it and he told me I was 'plum rotten' and since he dealt with serious illness and death all the time, he knew that the good die young and I was too blasted ornery to have any further calling.

It always saddens me when the young, vibrant beings leave this earth so quickly. Why did two beautiful young children lose their lives in the school bus crash Tuesday? We don't know anything about life, do we?
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Bob, it's always so very tragic and hard to understand when young folks pass so unexpectedly. The only way I can make it make sense to me is the time worn phrase,"No man shall know". My heart goes out to you and your friend's untimely loss, and cyber hugs as well.
            What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

What a sad story......I firmly believe everything happens for a reason.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I have no answers for you of why. We had a couple of young gentleman in our community who died of heart attacks here a couple years ago. They were way too young - both had children at home. Since then we have had a few more young people loose their lives to heart attacks.

Bob, you would be missed.

Comment

That is so sad. I have often wondered why such things happen. Why do young parents get taken away from their children, or why do children get taken away from their parents. I have no real idea why, but I like to think that God needs all kinds in Heaven. So sorry for your friends loss.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Bob, first you are a wonderful person and if you were not here, you would be missed terribly. Why we lose people at a young age, I can't answer that. It is very sad indeed, but we cannot take away from others their destiny. Some believe in a great Plan, others that we have this life only. I prefer to let these situations sink in and ask am I doing all that I should and need to be doing in this life? Maybe you are here to help that family; maybe not. You too have a unique path to walk as do I. Sending you a big cyber hug, honey!
                    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Bob,
                      I think it means you still have work to do here on Earth.
                      There are people whose lives you will touch that you may
                      never know in what way.
                      Things like this should make us all more aware of how fleeting
                      life is and we should strive to make the most of each day.

Comment

Bob, I'm glad you're with us. But I do wish this young man, and all our young people, were with us too.

Comment

Firstly we thank God that you are well,prayers for the family of this young man God's Will will be done
                          Thank you for sharing and there is always someone listeningxxxx

Comment

Bob, the short answer is, I have no idea. I survived colorectal cancer several years ago. How come I survived and so many do not? I have no idea.

BUT... I do believe there IS an answer, that God has you and me here for a reason. I'm okay with not knowing the reason, but I am convinced that it's important that as long as I am here, I choose to be grateful.

Count me among those who would miss you if you were not here, my friend. And I'm so sorry for your friend's loss.

Comment

Bob, there can never be too many kind hearted people like you here on Earth. We can only hope there is peace ahead for all who are grieving, today and every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X