What Was I Thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Was I Thinking?

When I decided it would be ok for me to try to climb on a chair to look for something on top of the fridge. Needless to say, it did not end up well. I lost my footing just as I was about to get all the way up. I went backwards and landed on the bottom of my back and butt. (thank God for the extra padding I have put on) Of course DH was not here, he had gone to DD's new house to clean out the shed on the property. I hit really hard, so I just layed there for a bit to see what was gonna really start hurting. The damage is: I tore the heck out of my left arm just below my elbow, tore up 4 of my bare toes (skin tears), and my back and hips right at my tail bone are not feeling great.

I was just trying to get caught up with getting some things shipped that I need to. My SS package being one of them. So never fear my SS gal, I will get them mailed by tomorrow.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Re: What Was I Thinking?

Ouch, Marilyn! Heal up soon.

Comment

Ditto the Ouch!

I hate to say it, but whenever I pull one of these stunts, I always hurt more the next day.

Can you take a long hot bath and soak some soreness out?
      Vonnie

Comment

Ouch Marilyn! You think it hurts today, wait til tomorrow.....that's when those hidden aches really make themselves known. Epsom salts and a warm bath my dear. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.
        Sandy B.
        "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

You sound like me... I slipped an fell down the basement stairs today, my heel is hurting crazy, my arm is all bloody from the numerous scraps and cuts on it... my neck is aching, my back, and my fanny feel like I have been kicked with boots!

I came up, after I could get up, and took IBprophin right away... good thing too, it hasn't kicked in yet, but my shoulder is needing it. Oh my aching body.

I have so much to do and Martin won't be home for more than 3 hours. Ugh... but at least I know he will cook for me tonight. It will be chili or chili dogs... but I'll eat it. LOL.

I need to heat up a couple of corn pillows I think! Sorry to hear about your fall. We are a pair... Aaay?

Comment

Ouch! Ouch! I'm glad that you did not break anything. But knowing you are going to be sore for the next several days is not going to pleasant. Hope you heal quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Over40momma View Post
              Ouch Marilyn! You think it hurts today, wait til tomorrow.....that's when those hidden aches really make themselves known. Epsom salts and a warm bath my dear. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.
              Oh chut up! "Tomorrow"... NOOOOooooo! LOL. I hope I am not worse tomorrow. Ouch!

Comment

You need a shorter fridge.

I was this yesterday and started giggling ...

big butts.jpg
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

Marylin--and Kensington--you two take care of yourselves! You're two of my favorite people, and each of your falls could have ended up MUCH worse.
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Is there anything you two won't do for sympathy? Let's cut the circus stunts out - you're both too old to be turning cartwheels.

crotchety-old-woman.jpg

Praying for quick healing!!! OUCH just doesn't cover it.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Are you crazy??? You should have KNOWN better. Am I going to have to come up there and whoop your butt??? Don't be so stupid!!! And don't tell me not to yell at you because you would be all over me like white on rice and you know it.
                      "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

Aw Marilyn so sorry to hear you hurt yourself. Hope you are ok. Its hard to be laid up this time of year (as I know with this stupid hand) but be careful. We try to hurry too much and end up taking more time. Isn't that a profound thought.
                        Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

So sorry about your accident!! Tomorrow you will wake up feeling okay, but it's the day after that when the pain will get you. Better go to Walgreens and load up on the Ibuprofen. And stay off chairs and stepladders!!!

Comment

Sounds like Santa needs to bring you a nice sturdy step stool for Christmas and a strong hand rail for Gloria! Be careful!

Comment

Marilyn do be careful and take care of those ouchies. Hope you feel better tomorrow.
                              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                              Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X