Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marching Band

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marching Band

    Well marching band is finally over for now. They made it to the semi finals at State but did not win the finals. Marking it to state was a huge accomplishment all in itself. Thank you all for your good luck wishes, we all appreciated it!!! Now things have calmed down and half the band kids are sick with colds. The weather at state was cold, rainy and then finally it snowed! They had to call off the last of the winners performances. I am just proud of them all!!!

    Thanks again everyone!

  • #2
    Re: Marching Band

    All that hard work and dedication payed off. Sorry for the colds and sniffles though. Bet your band members are truly proud, as they should be!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

    "...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Marching Band

      Tonight is our last night, thank goodness!
      Sherri

      "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Marching Band

        Congrats! Marching band is awesome.

        When I was a sophomore in high school our marching band attended an out-of-state marching competition near Atlanta, GA. We did pretty well as I recall and we got to spend the night and go to Six Flags Amusement Park the following day. I went to a big school and I believe it took 3 tour buses to get us there. As we got off the buses at the park I tagged along with a group from a different bus including a new girl who had just moved there from out of state. I played trombone and she was a trumpet player.

        We spent all day walking around and riding rides. I don't know that I believe in love at first sight but we certainly had natural chemistry.

        Fourteen years later, that trumpet girl is my wife of 7 years and the mother of my baby.

        Go band! (Especially trombones, the finest instrument on the field!)
        Loosely based on a true story.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Marching Band

          Congratulations!!
          Mary


          Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Marching Band

            Rhonda.........congrats to the kids on their band competitions! I know you have been busy with that........been there and done that! I enjoyed going to the competitions when our son was in band..........cheering from the stands!
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

            Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Marching Band

              That's a respectable finish. Bravo. Hope you are able to relax a bit now. Good to see you posting again.
              Grandma Nan

              sigpic

              Nancy

              "Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Marching Band

                Congratulations! As a former band mom, I know how hard the kids worked and how much they appreciate the support of the parents and boosters.

                I hope it's okay for me to brag on our high school band. The Russell Co. Mighty Lakers Marching Band is the 2014 Kentucky Class 3A Champion! It's their first state championship since 2005. Tonight there was a parade with fire trucks, sirens, blaring horns, and screaming kids hanging out of school bus windows, then an encore performance at the school for the community to attend.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Marching Band

                  Semi finals is great, I know they worked hard for it.
                  Glad to have you back!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Marching Band

                    Yes of course I want to hear you BRAG!!!!! CONGRATS to your school!!!! Wa hoo!!!!! Thanks for sharing that!


                    Originally posted by MRoy View Post
                    Congratulations! As a former band mom, I know how hard the kids worked and how much they appreciate the support of the parents and boosters.

                    I hope it's okay for me to brag on our high school band. The Russell Co. Mighty Lakers Marching Band is the 2014 Kentucky Class 3A Champion! It's their first state championship since 2005. Tonight there was a parade with fire trucks, sirens, blaring horns, and screaming kids hanging out of school bus windows, then an encore performance at the school for the community to attend.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Marching Band

                      Ryan what an awesome story!!!! A true love story!!!! My son is very talented!!! He plays several instruments and is self taught! He also taught himself to sight read music. He is now writing his own solos for Tenor Sax. He has three music classes at school. Piano, Jazz 1, Symphonic band. Then plays around at home with guitar and bass. Plays oboe, flute, and now working on Piccolo.

                      So I am a very proud mom and maybe someday I will have a story like yours lol.



                      Originally posted by HandsomeRyan View Post
                      Congrats! Marching band is awesome.

                      When I was a sophomore in high school our marching band attended an out-of-state marching competition near Atlanta, GA. We did pretty well as I recall and we got to spend the night and go to Six Flags Amusement Park the following day. I went to a big school and I believe it took 3 tour buses to get us there. As we got off the buses at the park I tagged along with a group from a different bus including a new girl who had just moved there from out of state. I played trombone and she was a trumpet player.

                      We spent all day walking around and riding rides. I don't know that I believe in love at first sight but we certainly had natural chemistry.

                      Fourteen years later, that trumpet girl is my wife of 7 years and the mother of my baby.

                      Go band! (Especially trombones, the finest instrument on the field!)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Marching Band

                        Thanks.....its good to be back and missed all of your.....will get back on track with missed emails as well.


                        Originally posted by Grandma Nan View Post
                        That's a respectable finish. Bravo. Hope you are able to relax a bit now. Good to see you posting again.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Marching Band

                          Aww thanks!!! I am glad to be back.....missed everybody and my sewing machine lol. You guys are great!!!!


                          Originally posted by laura44 View Post
                          Semi finals is great, I know they worked hard for it.
                          Glad to have you back!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Marching Band

                            Yes they learned a lot going to state and are very happy with themselves!! The band instructor even missed a day due to colds lol. Missed all of you!



                            Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                            All that hard work and dedication payed off. Sorry for the colds and sniffles though. Bet your band members are truly proud, as they should be!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Marching Band

                              Feels good to be done for a while.....no more late practices, no more loading and unloading trucks, coolers, food, drinks, uniforms, bad weather, uniforms mishaps and weekend practices lol. How did your school do??


                              Originally posted by shermur View Post
                              Tonight is our last night, thank goodness!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X