Can i have a brief moan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i have a brief moan?

ok, i am not normally a moaner but...............

My quilt is being a pig, i cut a lot of expensive fabric incorrectly because i was frustrated and wasnt careful.

My mid twenties daughter who gets married at Christmas had reverted into a snotbag of a teenager lol.

My husband has chemo again this week and is feeling pretty meh about it poor thing

the fridge died on the hottest weekend of the year and the new one wont come till next week.

phew..........thank you for listening (not that you had much option lol) Right back to the quilt, lets see what i can salvage from the ruin of my fabric
    Blog
    http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: Can i have a brief moan?

Its okay to vent! We all need it from time to time and it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Being an Oncology Nurse I understand your husbands reluctance. REmind him that when he is feeling lousy he knows the chemo is doing its job...killing off those cancer cells. A prayer for you and him will be said. Get lost in your quilting, thats what I like to do to.
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Daisy, Let me give you a cyber hug... ( ). I've walked in your shoes with a husband who fought cancer and taught me what real courage is...You have a tremendous load on your shoulders and it's perfectly fine to vent. We can only carry so much and we have to throw some of it off! You are in my prayers....Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

You'll figure something else to do with the fabric. It won't be a total waste.

Smack the kid on the back of the head. (It probably won't do anything for her attitude, but you'll feel slightly better)

Bless your hubby, it takes strength to keep going back to chemo. I've been through it with friends and family and it seems they all hit a point where they just say "Again?" I know it gets old, but they have to go for it to work. Give him a hug from New Mexico.

What is it with appliances and dogs? Hottest day of the year the air conditioning or refrigerator fails. The week it doesn't get into double digits the boiler for the heat dies. Your mother in law is coming for a visit and the vacuum blows up. Holiday or weekend, your dog decides then that it should make you believe it is on it's deathbed. Nothing ever seems to happen during "normal business hours." (In the meantime, no fridge is a good reason to go out to eat this week)
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Sending you a smile from a very hot and muggy Oxfordshire! Not very constructive but hopefully encouraging to know that others are thinking of you

Children (whatever their age) can be annoying at times - I miss mine when they're away at Uni but when they're home they can be hard work!! but wouldn't want them any other way!

Good luck without the fridge!

Take care Elaine
          my blog: http://craft-e-place.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Sending you hugs and prayers. You are in my thoughts!
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Unless the fabric was completely shredded you can still do something with it. What is a quilt anyway, but a bunch of little pieces all sewn back together into a whole piece anyway? I hope it turns out better than your original plan!
              Have your daughter take your husband to his chemo and maybe she'll realize that she has nothing to complain about.
              I can't imagine how you could cheerfully step through the door when you know that the procedure you are about to have will at best make you bald, and at worst make you sick for days. I can understand the "Meh" feeling.
              I guess you get to pull out the ice chest and pretend you are camping until the new fridge arrives!
              I hope the venting helped. It is amazing how sometimes just getting it out of the head makes a difference. May you have a better day!
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Daisy, Prayers heading your way for you and your dear husband - my best quilt creations have come from catastrophes (makes me be more creative!) and prayers of patience go for you and your daughter - Please feel free to vent to your fellow quilters - we love you and understand!

Comment

Venting, praying and doing something totally different helps a lot. We go through chemo too. As long as the doctors still suggest chemo, you always have a chance.

the very best to you and your husband, as well as your daughter
                  sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

I'm checking in to second all the good wishes coming your way, prayers, hugs, and heartfelt encouragement to go on.

I do have a question though - do daughters ever grow out of that snot-nosed teenager attitude? If so, how do you get them to recognize that they are just as bad as their own snot-nosed teenager? I'm serious!!
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

lol Sandy, my eldest (30) has more or less grown out of it.she can revert but only briefly. The younger (bride) is normally quite good but this wedding is causing regression. If i was the guy she is marrying i would run like Forest Gump!

A christmas wedding sounded like a great idea last january, is becoming less attractive as the year progresses.......however.......roll on New Year eh?

i have a pile of silk scraps from the maker of the wedding dress.Was planning to make a wedding quilt for her, but she will have to be nicer to me or i wont. I wont i tell you!

ok maybe we can all revert?
                      Blog
                      http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I would also like to add my heartfelt sympathies and hugs, been there, done that. The chemo sucks, trust me, and it's hard to keep a brave face each time it comes around, my thoughts are with both you and your husband. Never had a fridge die, but we had both the hot water service and the washing machine go in the same week...in the middle of winter. As for daughters, the most precious gem I will ever have in my life, but boy can they try your patience, your best bet is to concentrate on redeeming the fabric for the quilt, in that you may find some peace, lol.
                        Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                        I do have a question though - do daughters ever grow out of that snot-nosed teenager attitude? If so, how do you get them to recognize that they are just as bad as their own snot-nosed teenager? I'm serious!!
                        Sandy yes sometimes they do grow out of it, mine actually came to me at one point and apologised but now that her eldest is approaching that age (he's 11) I am seeing the battle start and he is so much like she was but she can't see it. Every time I try to say something I get jumped on so now I sit back and watch and sometimes pick up the pieces.
                        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                          Sandy yes sometimes they do grow out of it, mine actually came to me at one point and apologised but now that her eldest is approaching that age (he's 11) I am seeing the battle start and he is so much like she was but she can't see it. Every time I try to say something I get jumped on so now I sit back and watch and sometimes pick up the pieces.
                          I didn't mean to steal Daisy's post - but have to say that most of the time I am so proud of my only child that I feel like my seams are busting. BUT, that being said, she and her father are so much alike and neither of them can see it. However, they sure do like to bend my ear about the other one, complaining about the things about each that bug the livin' daylights out of me. If I wasn't laughing I'd be crying. There's hardly a day goes by that I don't shake my head and say to myself "WHERE DID SHE COME FROM?" and then Al will walk in and ask something ridiculous . . .
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Prayers and hugs coming your way, I know about the stress my sister starts Radiation the 10th. I was going to ask you this how about you make a scrap quilt with the pieces I know matter what she will love it...

Comment

Ditto here on the prayers and sending you hugs from California. I told my daughter (at age 17) when I thought I was going she was going to drive me over the edge, "I brought you into this world, honey, and I sure as heck can take you out!" then I walked away and she was an angel after that. Guess she found my last nerve and decided it was an ugly place. We will be strong for you and your husband, so kick back knowing that we are here en masse supporting you. I love the idea of your daughter taking your husband for treatment. Giving to others is always a good cure for a nasty attitude. Makes you center yourself.
                              Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                              Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Working...
                              X