Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a Terrific Tuesday, everyone!

Happy Tuesday!!

Hornet sting is fine - it quit hurting Sunday night, just a wee bit tender. Like I said, I am so glad that I am not allergic to them as my Sis is or my Daddy was. I think everyone in the family has had a close encounter with the business end of yellow jackets, black wasps, hornets this past month. The heat really does something to them I think.

Yesterday at the thrift my Sis and I racked up some pretty good deals. I found some nice sheets for my quilt block backings (say that three times fast), a 4 drawer rubbermaid container on wheels, a few books that looked interesting for bathroom reading (don't roll your eyes, you know you have some there too), and a few little cactus plants. I also found an adorable battery alarm clock that crows for anytime the power goes out. Luscious will surely jump out of bed with that so close to his head! hahaha!

Today is finish house cleaning, no end in sight for this job. Went to visit DD's new house ~ it is NEW and clean and perfect. She has already been putting in orders for quilties and plants she needs cuttings of. She has a perfect area for flowers and quilting. What a shame she hasn't caught the sewing bug yet. She likes to cross stitch, so that will be some of her future gifting again. When she and hubs split up way back when, she left everything behind. He didn't keep it, either. I know. I went there to get some things and nada, zip, el trash-o. Sigh.

Off to get some more coffee, and get cracking on the swaps I have the first of the month to start. Big blessings to each and every one~

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Have a Terrific Tuesday, everyone!

Good morning Blondie and all you other lovely ladies, we have Spring in the air, we have several days of lovely mild weather and my daffodils are flowering, it makes me so happy to see them, they always make me smile.
    Originally posted by Blondie View Post
    When she and hubs split up way back when, she left everything behind. He didn't keep it, either. I know. I went there to get some things and nada, zip, el trash-o. Sigh.
    Blondie this reminded me of my younger brother, his first wife took up with his 'best mate' and sold all his things while he was away...that is what his 'friend' didn't want. Sadly his second wife suffered from paranoia and at one point she lost it and while he was at work took a hammer and an axe to all his belongings and a knife to him when he arrived home...he didn't stay. He is now married again and we all hope it is third time lucky.

I have both my DH's and SIL's birthdays this weekend so I have some planning and cooking to do this week. Trying to organise everyone to be in the same place at the same time is exhausting in itself. DH is working on Saturday and SIL is working on Sunday DD and I are working on the few hours in between. So a nice Saturday night dinner with cake...ooh two cakes.

Enjoy your day ladies (and gents).
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Good morning Blondie and Lynn.

I am glad you are feeling better Blondie. It is sooo sad when break-ups are nasty. She will make new memories I have no doubt.

Lynn, maybe the third time is the charm. Hoping it all works out and he had found a wonderful woman.

Here we are Tuesday and I have done squat. Went grocery shopping yesterday and that was about it. I NEED to look for a certain fabric I know I have. Just can't find it yet. I might just do that before it gets too hot today. This block swap is driving me nuts and that is a very short trip. Happy Tuesday everyone.

Stay safe and stay warm my friends.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good morning, everyone! Blondie, glad to hear you have recovered from the stings....so uncomfortable but good thing you are not allergic. Sorry to hear about all the breakups. A stressful time for everyone.

I am with my grandgirls today. My youngest turns 2! Her Mom (my DD) has her birthday tomorrow. So I'm surprising her and hubby with tickets to a play. Will keep the girls overnight so they can have a real date and she can sleep late on her birthday. Hopefully she is as surprised as I want her to be! I'm sure I'll be tired afterwards, but it will be a good kind of tired.

Have a wonderful day, everyone! Keep on sewing!
        Cynthia

Comment

Aw Cynthia, can I be your daughter? How nice is that? AND you get to spend time with the grandbabies. Isn't life grand.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good morning everyone! I'm always so glad to get up, have my coffee and read the posts, it gets my day started on the right foot!

I'm sooooo looking forward to being a g'ma! Two DD's married for 2 years so am waiting patiently. Closest I get right now is dogsitting their 4 dogs!

I'm off to the grocery store to stock up for my son and nephew as they will be staying here on their own while we're away for 9 days. Lots of frozen pizza's!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed day!

Terri

Comment

Good Evening everyone ,,,,Blondie l'm glad your ok ....I've got an appointment on wednesday to see a orthopeadic surgeon for a second opinion on my knee I hope he can give me some answers and help me. I'm really struggling with the pain walking around like l'm 95 instead of 45 ....spend alot of my days sitting at home coz I just can do anything with th epain my home looks like a bomb has hit it. My husband has been a darling and his doing his best to help when l hurt.
              "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
              :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Good Morning All! How is everyone today? Blondie glad to hear that your feeling better.. One time i was stung and I got it off me it hurt but the stupid thing came back to do it again I mean whats up with that.. Watch out yall they're out to get us ... LOL i know i'm wierd heheh

Comment

Good morning, everyone!!! Like everyone I'm feeling kinda off kelter today - lazy really. Here it is almost 10:30 in the morning and I'm still sitting here chuckling to myself and reading posts I've missed. I need to get up and find my GO! I do believe, though, that I will be able to finish machine quilting Emily's penguin quilt today and get the binding on it so I have some reason to be sitting on my butt and appearing to ignore the housework . . .

Sending prayers, hugs, and blessings to all!! And, sharing Stefanie's weirdness for the day (love it!!).
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hi!
                    I have a bunch of things I still need to get done today and it's nearly noon! I did get the strawberries cut and put in the freezer for later. The house needs some serious attention from the vacuum and the dust rag. What is left of the garden is being taken over by weeds and I don't want to do any of it! I want to sit and sew! Oh well.
                    First things first! Where oh where has that dust rag gone???
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Good evening ladies or should I say goodnight. I am late getting on today, I missed it this morning while having coffee. DH home today and lots of errands to run and other stuff to take of, grocery shopping etc. When we finally got home we were so hot we both collaspsed in front of the fan and didn't move for a bit. At one point the readout in my car said 110 and a little later the one in the truck said 105. I just wanted to wilt like a daisy. Really glad to hear your sting didn't give you any problems Blondie. It also sounds like you made a real haul from thrift shopping. I haven't been for a while so it's about time to go back and check them out again. Hope everyone had a good day, I'll be back on in the morning with my coffee DH goes back to work. Have a good night.
                      Mary
                      A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Hi my loves, I'm late in getting on here too. I'm doing the books for July for our business. Didn't do anything else today, books are enough!
                        Blondie I'm glad your stings are better. Sandy, how is the Dr. hunting going? Lisa I hope you will get some answers from the Dr. about you knee. So sorry you are hurting.
                        Please say prayers for our Gina and her daughter Abbey. They think she has MRSA from an insect bite that got infected and is in the hospital. Gina and Abbey just don't need anything else to fight. I'm so glad they are home with Gina's Mom and brothers. She has support but she also needs our prayers. I will also be praying for everyone's hurts and illness's and will pray for healing for all.
                        Love and Hugs, Jan L
                        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                        X