Does anyone use photobucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone use photobucket

I have tried and tried to post photos on here and the only one that would work is the one for my profile. I quess it's the size but not sure and can't find a way to downsize them. Thought I could use photobucket to do that and also to post them. Not really sure how to do it. If anyone uses photobucket could you please help someone who is technically challenged.
    Mary
    A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Re: Does anyone use photobucket

I don't use photobucket. I do use Photoshop on my computer. If you want you are welcome to email me your photos and I'll size them down for you.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

If you are running Windows, you have paint. Open your picture in paint, go to Image, then to Stretch/Skew. A little box will open and you will see Stretch Horizontal and Stretch Vertical. They are both going to be at 100%. Change that 100% to 50% (in both places) or even smaller if your picture is still too big. That's a quick fix that anyone running Windows should be able to do.

I didn't think of that at first because I've been using Photoshop for so long.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Mary I use Photobucket I find it most useful for inserting pictures into posts...so long as I remember which of the 4 available code options I should use. It's not hard though, here is an example;

Upload to photobucket and then use the [img] code which is the last of the options, just click on it and it automatically copies the code then paste into you message box.

PS If you need to resize it can be done in Photobucket after you upload the original.

Let me know if you have any specific questions you need answers for.
        Last edited by Dragonfly; August 1, 2011, 11:32 PM. Reason: added info
        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Dragonfly, I did get a photo into photobucket, can you help me from there. I tried to put one here but it didn't show up. I got a bunch of text that was gobbledy gook. LOL
          Last edited by Txgrandma; August 2, 2011, 03:09 AM.
          Mary
          A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Mary do you still have your login details for photobucket? If not start by going to http://photobucket.com/ and registering an account/login. Once you are logged in go to the top of the page, there is a big green button that says "Upload Now", click this. On the next page make sure the button over on the left says 'Upload from:My computer' unless you want to upload from somewhere else, click it to see the other options. Then click the big green button that says "Select photos and videos", this takes you to your computer files, navigate to the photo you want and double click on it to auto start the upload. When this is done you can either 'save and go to my album' or up on the left where it says 'upload complete' you can select 'upload more files'. You can do a multiple upload but to start with it is easier to do them one at a time, it's that simple.

Once you are done uploading save and go to the album. From there just put your cursor over the image you wish to use and it will give you a box with code options for different uses, click on the last one, the [img] code, it will copy it. Then go to your forum and in the text box where you are writing your message just right click and select paste, it will insert the image for you. *Note: at this point it still shows as code but will be an image once you submit, if you are unsure if it has worked use the preview option.

Also when you hover the cursor over the image you will see a blue box that includes the 'edit' option from there you can do things with the image such as resizing. If you double click on image it opens it as a gallery page where you can view all the photos. The codes you use for posting are also on this page so you can go straight from there to the forum.

I hope that all makes sense.
            Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Ooh we crossed over, see my second paragraph and yes it will look like gobbledy gook until you submit.
              Lynn

Comment

Hi Lynn
                I use photobucket for all my graphics. If I need to resize them, I will rename or "save as" a new name for group purposes. Otherwise, the older, wrong size will show up. Don't know why that is exactly. Hope this helps!
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Yes I do the same thing Blondie, I use a new name or the same name with 'cropped' or 50pc (as in how much I resized by) appended, which makes it a new name of course.
                  Lynn

Comment

I always use photobucket to insert my pics also. Just copy and paste img code.
                    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Lynn, when I was replying to this yesterday morning, it showed up as YOU asking the question. Now that's odd. I thought YOU were having difficutly with photobucket. LOL. I should've known better or grabbed that second cup of coffee. Good grief.

Mary, hope you got the answers you were looking for.
                      Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Hmm that is odd, still no harm done and as we can see from her other posts, Mary has it well and truly sorted out now. To our benefit I might add, her pictures are lovely.
                        Lynn

Comment

Working...
                        X