a moment to relax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a moment to relax

Schirtechfatzen tatta Bertha 1 copie.jpgTerasse 2 copie.jpgAlso I should be cleaning the house, I took a relaxing moment on our terasse with a cup of coffee. While drinking it, the sun came out and I was able to take a picture of some flowers and one of my roosters.

I post a picture with some more aprons to be handled.

Have a nice day, with some sun (not to much) or some rain (not to much).
    sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Re: a moment to relax

Ahhhh......so peaceful. Have a cup for me, too!

Comment

It's so nice to see colorful, blooming flowers instead of the shriveled up, dry leaved ones I have!

Comment

I absolutely love seeing laundry hanging on a clothesline. Nostalgic, for sure!

Beautiful flowers.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sandy, you know that is a sign of our age...young folks don't normally hang laundry out to dry. My mother always hung out her clothes...I used to, but have gotten lazy in my older years!
          Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
          Beautiful flowers.
          LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Thank you for a moment of serenity...Mondays are nuts around our house! Your garden is lovely....Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful flowers and love your rooster.
              I hang clothes every chance I get. In fact, there is already one line filled this morning and just waiting on the next to take out. Sure has helped to counteract the cost of the AC that has been running.

Hugs,
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Your flowers are lovely, Im fighting to keep mine half alive less lone having beautiful blooms. Hanging laundry out to dry is a sign of age. My DIL and granddaughter are going to living in our travel ttrailer while our son is in Afghanistan. She was wanting to put a washer/dryer in it, she said it is so expensive to dry at the laundrymat. I told her she could use my temporary clothesline to hang them out to drive. She absolutely shocked at the idea. First thing she ask was "well how do you cover them up to keep them from getting dirty again. I just cracked up. Our conversation continued with me asking her how she thought people dried their clothes before the dryer was invented etc. etc. I went on to tell her about how fresh they smelled after hanging in the sun. She just couldn't understand why they didn't get dirty while they hung out. It pretty much ended with me telling her when I was a kid there was still a clothesline in almost every backyard. She was just appalled at the idea. Modern technology is taking so much away from these kids, and they have no idea what they're missing. We are not putting the w/d in the trailer even if it does have a hookup. My DH said she would just have to rough it and take them to the laundrymat.
                Mary
                A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Please look past my typos , evidently I shouldn't try doing that this a.m. LOL
                  Mary
                  A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

I wish our roosters were as quiet as yours! What a beautiful spot for your morning coffee!

I want my husband to put in a clothes line! We just have to figure out where would be the best place. I have seen the retractable ones someplace and that looks like the best solution for our yard.

Mary, don't worry, my fingers and my brain don't always work well together either! I think we can understand you just fine!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm taking a stand today for EVERYONE to have a clothesline installed!!!

You know, I have heard that there are areas that ban them completely! Love driving by Amish farms and seeing all the clothing hung out to dry - and there isn't anything as pleasant as standing over a basket full of freshly dried clothing and inhaling the aromas as shirts are pressed . . . .

Comment

wow! thanks for the trip down memory lane! I remember frozen fingers & jeans so stiff & icy that they made GREAT weapons to swing at my brother when he got to close& obnoxious with his teasing Laundry in the winter....

Pretty flowers!
                        If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

I wish I had a clothes line........
                          Thank you for sharing a peaceful morning's cuppa.
                          Your flowers are so pretty......
                          ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                          Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                          (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post

Beautiful flowers.
                            I always hang mine outside. Love the smell especially the sheets!
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I have been in this remembering zone today - thanks to each of you!!!

That old clothesline - I do remember the winter clothes - the jeans and shirts that were stiff as boards. But what I remember most of all was that was the place Mom hung the cotton bag full of curdled milk for homemade cottage cheese. My sister and I used to follow Mom to the clothesline with pans from our little dishes sets. We'd hold our containers under the bag and catch the whey as it drained. Much better than buttermilk. Wish I could have some right now. Those same pans made it to the barn at night and would catch a hot stream of milk while Dad squirted some to the barn cats. And then remember the time a neighbor kid was chasing one of us and we ducked under the clothesline, but he didn't - have you ever seen a kid whirl around a stretched rope?

Comment

Working...
                              X