Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a Relaxing Sunday

Hi Ladies!
    Happy Sunday. I slept like a log after my piggy/party time last night. Wish I slept that good every night. Judy and Alana, hope you got some rest!

There is a small chance of some rain today. The SE looks like it will be blanketed but that doesn't always make it here on The Hill.

Plan on a big session of lazy today. Blessings to each of my quilting friends today.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Have a Relaxing Sunday

Happy Sunday all!
    Church this morning, then to my sisters to welcome a new kitty girl, then to Dads. Doesn't look like too much physical exertion will be had as the heat is to be a bear today. I would like to stay inside - here. DH's family is having a get together at a park - can't really do that cause I just can't take the humidity while the air isn't moving.

Had a nice time with my BFF, another friend, and my sister at the Hershey Quilt Show yesterday. I had to suck it all in since I won't attend another show until March. I came home with 8 fat quarters. The quilts were gorgeous. One was by a man who made his first quilt at the age of 72 so it's never too late to start. He asked his wife to make it and she told him to make it himself. It was amazing - lots of applique. Wish my camera was along, but sadly I left it behind.

Well, everyone have a great day and don't forget to hug someone!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Good morning all. Yesterday I started my blocks for the swap. Not happy with them at all. The fabric I got was not 100% cotton so the whole block went wonky!! Darn it. Have to start again.

We had dinner at friends. Good food and good company. My friend lost her mom just two weeks ago so it was an emotional time for her.

I think we might go to the drive-in tonight for an all-nighter. I know I will miss some as I can't stay awake all night. Oh well!!

Have a great day everyone. Stay cool.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Just checking in, feeling like everyone else so far. I sure didn't want to crawl out of bed this morning.

Spent the most fantastic time yesterday at my hometown picnic. It was great that my brother and sister were also there. Ran into several people who we hadn't seen for years and years and years. It was sure nice to play catch up!

No plans yet for the day or the week - except two of the DGDs want to come over Wednesday afternoon and make cupcakes with monkeys on top for Papa's Thursday birthday. They have been planning this for some time and we have all the extra makings - nutter butter cookies broken in half for the ears, vanilla wafers for the face, chocolate chips for the eyes. I took the girls to the zoo one time and they were fascinated by the orangutan. Papa told them it was a relative of his so they have been teasing him about being a monkey every since. Funny kids!

Here's good health, wealth, and happiness coupled with all the time in the world - to each and every one of my quilty friends!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Morning everyone! Today, unfortunately, we leave the ranch in north Texas for home in south Texas. Instead of roasting up here we'll get steamed down there. We hate leaving the ranch so badly my DH and I sulk halfway home. Our two Boxers do the same, they hide in the back of the garage when it's time to get in the car and we end up having to carry them (65 lbs. & 70 lbs.) to the car!!! Someday we'll live up here full time when the hubs retires but until then we'll take what we can get. On a better note on Wednesday we head to Norway and Denmark! While my husband works I'll be breathing in the cooler weather! We'll be gone for 9 days and I'm taking two small quilts that need the binding sewn on. Anyway, I hope everyone has a restful Sunday, pray for rain!

Comment

Morning!

Hay. That is what we are doing today.

Cathy
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hope everyone has a great day, my morning so far has been peaceful and quiet, drinking my coffee and reading all the posts on here, it's becoming my routine for getting the day started. It's very nice starting the day with my new friends. Been on here since about 10. I did sleep in this morning but our phone rang at 5:30 a.m. for my DH to go to work and could not get back to sleep.
              Waiting for my son to come in for a very short visit and possible dinner with him. Possibly some sewing and searching for fabric to border, back and bind two quilts with. Other than that a lazy day is in order here.
              Mary
              A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

quiet day here. went to Mass this morning then a late breakfast with DD and SIL. Afterward headed out to the fairgrounds and turned my entries in then helped with booth set up. so glad we no longer have kids with animals at the fair, it's gonna be another scorcher this week.
                i'm working on some smocked panels in anticipation of the soon-to-arrive new baby. Dr. said it could be anytime now.
                “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                X