Been a good and long day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a good and long day

Ladies, I can't even keep my eyes open to finish getting caught up on everything new today. Work was fine, tried to take a wee nap but that didn't work out.
    Went to DD's new house where we ate and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. DD and her BF just moved into a swell house and I am pea green. It is new, big rooms, just a clean slate. Everyone chipped in to offer furniture they needed to fill it out nicely inside. We played with their puppy and then I tried to play Guitar Hero. OMG, I am getting old. I am so tired now from wagging my tongue in between shoveling food in my mouth, I am like a little piggie - stuffed to the top and ready to pop. Nite all.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Been a good and long day

Sounds like you had a good time Blondie. I was like that last night after I decided to clean up the whole yard. After an acre and a half,Needless to say I was so tired last night.I didn't even get the arbor cleaned out.Holly hocks are beautiful when they bloom but they sure make a heck of a mess.I am so sore today I can't hardly get around not to mention I had to take several breaks off and on all day because of the extreme heat.Talk about getting old!!Gees it hurts!!!!Hope you sleep good tonight.

Comment

Sounds like a good day to me...I spent the afternoon and evening at my boss's house for his annual summer BBQ. Almost all the other staff was there too. He lives on a lake with a small beach and all the water toys big boys like...seadoos, kayaks, boats etc. Food and drink for everyone and it was delicious. Great day was had by all. He and his wife are just super people too. Now I am pretty pooped myself. But drinking espresso from her new machine has kind of dulled my senses just a bit. Well off to bed anyway....
      Alana
      To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
      alanashideaway.blogspot.com
      https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

DH and I had a nice slow Saturday. We went to a nearby town and visited a farmers' market and picked up some of the bounty from their gardens...oriental long beans, Japanese eggplants for the grill, a watermelon as round and large as a beach ball, peaches, orange zucchini and potatoes. I forgot to mention that we also bought local honey and some cute hand crocheted hot pads and dish rags. What a haul!!! While DH shopped for a new grease gun, he left me at a quilt shop to nose around. They had fat quarters for 99 cents so I had to indulge in a few. In the afternoon we had a storm that brought us a little rain but not nearly enough to even wash off our truck. We have another chance for rain today.

My sewing room is a disaster, so I'll tackle that later this afternoon. DH is growling for food so I'm off to cook bacon, sausage and french toast with fresh peach topping. The rest of the week we watch our fat and calories, but on Sunday we go for it!!!! Enjoy your Sunday....Hugs, Barb
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
        X