Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today IS Friday

Happy Friday everyone!

Hoping that I receive some fabric today. I ordered from Fabric.com and three times now have received the WRONG fabric. It has already cost them more than what I paid for them to re ship via UPS. Has anyone else ever ordered from there. The price for what I ordered was really super duper. I also ordered some backing fabric from them which arrived correctly filled. They have been very nice and apologetic but honest to goodness, one would think that they would hire someone who could READ what the order says. I am wanting to make some curtain and accessories for the kitchen. Ran into my UPS man at the $$ store yesterday where he was making a delivery. I have gotten to know him soooo well.

What are y'all gonna do this weekend? Play in the sun, sand or garden? Or take shelter from the heat inside with A/C full tilt? I want a vacation. I want to go stay in a hotel room for a few days and do nothing but watch trash tv and sew and order room service or take out delivery.

Have a good day, everyone!
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Today IS Friday

Blondie, hope the correct fabric comes for you. I've recently made curtains for our reno'd bathroom and bedroom at camp. Will finish up the painting this weekend so DH can put the woodwork in and curtain rods up. Then cleaning the whole camp, removing our personal stuff and generally getting it ready for the rents who come for all of August. They are dear people but I miss being able to go up myself. Oh well, so much to do at home that I've neglected all summer. Any maybe some sewing too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Hi Blondie, Your vacation plans sound wonderful to me! I hope your fabric order is correct this time. I know how it is when you have to purchase so much online. It's difficult enough to choose your fabric online, but not getting what you ordered is a disappointment and slows down your creative process.

DH and I plan to stay home this weekend and keep cool. We are expecting storms for the next three days and hope we will get some rain out of the deal. I haven't felt real perky this week, so I've been laying pretty low and resting.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Take care and stay cool....Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hmmm. I still can't believe that no one took me up on the offer to come have some hot, sweaty, dirty fun out in the hay fields today. Shocked I tell you, SHOCKED! Ok, not really. I'll be too wore out to do much after we are done today I am sure!

Blondie, I have ordered from Fabric.com and had really good luck dealing with them. I had to delete the e-mail newsletters when I went on the fabric diet last year. Some of the sale prices were more than I could pass up. The shipping was free after $35 worth, and who doesn't want free shipping? Yeah, I had to go cold turkey there.
        Anyhow, off to get the morning chores done and hook up the diesel-beast to the trailer! You all have a super fun day!
        Cathy
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Blondie I have not ordered from Fabric.com yet. I have visited there web site and I do know a couple of people that work there. Yes I do agree with you they do need some one in Customer service that can read orders and fill them correctly.

I have threatened my family about getting a motel room for either a week or a weekend and the only one I'm taking is my sewing machine and many projects to see what I can get done. I may let my DH visit some but he can't stay.

Taking the three Precious Grandsons (3, 22 months and 3 months) to get there pictures done on Saturday and then family reunion on Sunday. Going to be a hot weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day and stay cool.

Lynne

Comment

I haven't ordered anything from them Blondie, but there prices are very good and I heard good things about them. Hope you get what you ordered soon!
            Last night I volunteered to donate two table runners for BF's sister church festival in September. She needed prizes for the bingo game she is running. Feels good to give things away.
            Baby Gabe came through with flying colors. PTL! He will need another surgery in about 3 months and then a final one when he is about 3 yrs. old. His heart is very small and he needs these surgeries for it to grow enough to support his lungs. Thanks for the prayers you lifted!
            Hope you all have some sewing plans penciled in for the weekend! Supposed to clear up and be beautiful this afternoon. BF wants to go enjoy the pool but I just want to stay in the ac.
            Off to the gym for a little walk on the treadmill.
            Take care!
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

sorry Cathy, i've played the hay-making game too many times!
              today is our anniversary(33yrs) and DH and i are planning to go out to lunch so we can celebrate AND enjoy some AC(we don't have it at our house). Past that I have no plans today. Could go upstairs and sew later but I think I'll sit by the fan and do some handwork.
              Blondie, I hope the right fabric finds it's way to you, you must be so frustrated by now.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Not much sewing in store for me for the next few days. My oldest and dearest girlfriend and her husband are coming into town for a few days. Needless to say, I'm real excited to have them come visit. We haven't seen each other in over 2 years, since the last time we got their way for a visit. Looking forward to catching up and maybe even doing some nice outdoor activities like hiking and kayaking.

Yesterday was a super fantastic day for me. I spent almost the whole day with a GF quilting. She's new to the art and together we've been doing a quilt block of the month. She was behind one month, so we spent all the time needed to get caught up. It's like a free therapy session! We both felt so relaxed and revived by the end of the day. I'm so thankful for my quilting buddies, including you all! Have a great weekend all!
                When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hey, everybody! Don't you just LOVE Friday? I'm mailing Blondie a coupon for a free week on a desert island with LL and her sewing machine. Hope it arrives in better condition than her fabric . . . We used to have a UPS delivery guy who was a little 'touched in the head' and every time he delivered a package he would spend time telling me how he needed to find a woman who was willing to marry him. He used to ask me if I didn't have some friends . . .

Cathy, I was there, I thought, yesterday. Didn't you see me? Gosh, that lady must have lied about her name . . . and to think I moved that big pile of hay bales for her. I was sure itching by the time I climbed in the shower last night. I so miss being of the age when I still was able to just trot out and handle all the farm chores and go to bed satisfied that I had accomplished something worthwhile. Those are the best kind of sleeps that come after a hard day's work.

Nancy, I think I'll head up to your camp sometime. It does sound like a wonderful place. Maybe I should have sent Blondie up there. There are times that my own home feels like 'camping out' and as I get older I find I'd rather be here than any place else. We have neighbors who travel around in a camper and are gone all the time. I guess I am lucky in that I got an opportunity to see the world when I was younger and able to travel. Now that I've seen all that I just want to stay in the comforts of my own home.

Barb does understand why we like to be home in Missouri - we won't let anyone who doesn't live here know how wonderful life is here and how beautiful our state is!! I'm hoping some of the rain (how be it very sparse) that I'm seeing today arrives at her place soon to help cool things down. We're only at 78 today and that is such a blessing.

Lynne, any way you'd be willing to trade a grandson for a granddaughter? Not that I'd ever want to get rid of any of my granddaughters, but my kid just doesn't understand how boys are made . . . she hasn't shelled one out yet.

Patti - I so enjoyed seeing Gabe's picture. He's a very handsome young man and will grow up to be a wonderful person - It is so remarkable what surgery they can do now, although it hurts to see someone so tiny have to go through it. Our prayers are still being uplifted daily for him!!

Happy Anniversary, bakermom. It is so wonderful to see those double numbers on the anniversary dates. Here's to 33 more!!

Martha, I wish I had someone here who was interested in learning to quilt with me. My Li'l Sis was by yesterday (just returned from a 3 week trip/cruise to Alaska) and paid me for her half of OUR quilting machine. She brought back some really neat fabric that she picked up while on her road trip.

Suzi - I'm looking for info on the floral swap - hope you are up to it soon. Anxiously awaiting the Wild Things. I do have to share, since I mentioned my Li'l Sis above. Some of the fabric that she brought back from Alaska was unlike anything I have ever seen here. Some was the most beautiful florals I have EVER seen! Others were batik with outlines of wildlife . . . amazing. I'll have to check with her to see if there is a name on the selvage - never thought of it yesterday. I'd love to order some of the floral for the next swap . . .

Everyone else who hasn't checked in as yet, have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Oh Blondie love the puppy. Hope your fabric order is correct this time. A friend of mine just ordered from them the first time yesaterday, sure hope hers is right first time. She's on a deadline for her grandsons b'day. I'm right there with you on hauling hay, done that been there. I'm waiting for a friend to come over for an afternoon of quilting, I'm teaching her to do a rag quilt and we are just about ready to start sewing it together. You are right about it being a free therapy session. She the only one I know that is the least interested in quilting and I'm hoping to get her hooked like the rest of us.
                    Hope everyone has a great weekend no matter what they're doing. Have fun and stay cool.
                    Patticakes haven't been here for long but my prayers go out for you and Baby Gabe.
                    Mary
                    A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Can't stay and write back to everyone....so hi, take care, have fun, stay cool, prayers for little Gabe.....etc. I will be spending the day and weekend playing nurse to my teenaged son. He had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out this am. Keeping me running with ice, snacks, music..........and boredom already!!!!

Comment

Oh SuzyQue I had that done all at once. Watch out for, dry sockets. If he starts having a lot of pain and swelling and bruising get him right to the dentist. It happens with wisdom teeth sometime. And it's not fun. Of course I was thirty before they took mine and that can play into it too. He'll probably sail right through it.
                        Bakersmom Happy Anniversary!!! Congratulations!
                        I'm staying in the A/C this weekend. We didn't even open the pool this year. Just didn't have the extra cash. It's a big pool and had to be heated cause it never got warm on its own. So for chemicals and gas to heat it we put in over 2 grand last year. We couldn't keep chlorine in it cause the sun and then rain just leached it out within a day. We had weird weather last year. So anyway we didn't open it.
                        Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and stays cool. You could send us a little rain. We need it pretty bad. Get that drum going Sandy! Thanks Hon. Hugs and love, Jan L
                        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hi Ladies

Long day at work, but it is Friday, and tomorrow will be a shorter day for me. Can I get an AMEN?
                          UPS delivered my fabric today and it is correct! Time for another AMEN from the choir. Yippy Skippy! It is already in the washer. Even though they took their time getting it right, the folks were more than pleasant, apologetic, etc. I will order from them again because as our Cathy said, the price is right. Lynne, perhaps since you know a person who works or worked there, you can put a bug in their ear. LOL. I really hated that it cost them so much extra in the shipping. I can't see how they made any profit off of me.
                          I was going to make dinner but decided that my Luscious can order a pizza. It is too hot for me to want to even eat . . . Wait a minute . . . I could eat a candy bar, does that count?

Happy Anniversary, Bakermom! Here's to many, many more.

SuzyQue - Ouchies for your son. Here's a pair of roller skates for you. Hope he feels back in form soon!

Jan, Sandy is doing the rain dance for me first and then it can travel North to YOU.

Patti - still praying for that special baby. My oldest son was born three months preemie. Back then they sent him home to me when he was 10 days old, thinking he wouldn't make it. Doctor's didn't know about the tenacity of a new mommy and the prayers of many for him. He is 31 years old now = almost 32. I could tell you more encouraging stories since my middle son was also preemie and born with Cerebral Palsy. Let's just say that sometimes ignorance IS bliss. And sometimes the dialog in our head is more powerful than words which are spoken by educated people who have no faith. Basically what I am saying is that what we are dealt with in life I think we are able to handle even if we never understand why. Attitude is 99%. Sounds like y'all have that going on all over the place up there. Love you, Patticakes. You are one good gal.

Now, Sandy, about that vakay . . . I'll take one whenever you can kidnap Jenny, Sarah, Natalie, our Bubby, and get the rest of the gang here. I'll meet you half way between Mo. and NC wherever that is. If I make it there first, I get dibs on the best bed in the hotel, the A/C will be igloo setting, the tv remote is MINE (in other words, no sports allowed), and we will eat whatever we want whenever we want. We can shop till me drop and then sit, sew and laugh all night long. When we wake up we will start all over again. Don't forget to get Cathy! She needs a vakay after all that smelly itchy hay.

Off to find that chocolate bar. I know it's somewhere here . . .

Sewing mends the soul.
                          sigpic

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

OH Sandy and Blondie can I come!!!!????!!!! I could use a vacation too. I like igloo. I have a chocolate bar you can have. I'll bring enough for everybody!!! Please????
                            You like the way I beg and whine? Ok I'll shut up. Love you all. Hugs, Jan
                            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hey Jan, when I said everyone here, I meant EVERYONE. I would be terribly disappointed if you weren't there!
                              Blondie
                              Sewing mends the soul.
                              sigpic

~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                              X