Darn back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn back!!

Went shopping yesterday with a friend and bought a bunch of new fabric. Hopped out of bed early today to prepare for a whole day of quilting--really liking the foundation piecing. Thought I would do a little laundry before I got started--bending down to sort and when I went to straightened up--WOWSER!! I really threw my back out. Only thing I can do is lay in bed. I'm so mad--darn old body.
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Re: Darn back!!

As a back patient with three surgeries under my belt, I say OUCH!!! I'll say prayers for a quick recovery. Bad backs are awful. So sorry to hear you are in pain. Hugs, Jan L
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Oh no Lisa! Ice it at first to reduce any swelling then a heating pad to relax the muscles. Hope you feel better soon!
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Oh no! I've been that person at a 90 degree angle before, so I know the pain. I'll be praying it eases up on you quickly.
        Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
        Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Lisa, I put a call in to the "HUNK" masseuse who works my back for me and he's on his way. Meanwhile, plenty of rest, catering by anyone who is close by, heat, ice - alternated. I'm sending healing prayers your way.

And, if you have to get up to answer the door when the HUNK gets there, he'll have you right as new before you get back to lay down!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

@Sandy--I left the door unlock and waiting for the HUNK to show up. Didn't even think about heat and ice. Made me a tube sock rice heat pack--and it does feel good. Ice next. Thanks guys!!
            Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Lisa, I'm not a stranger to back pain. Ice alternated with heat helps some... You have my prayers for a speedy recovery. Barb
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

ugh I feel for you. I have been there plenty of times. Hope you are feeling better soon!
                Patrice

Comment

Ouch! I've also had the same problem before, in fact too many times to remember. Hope you feel better soon.
                  Susan

Comment

I've pulled out the big guns pain reliever--I had some Oxycodone left over from some surgery earlier this year that I never even needed. I'm real paranoid about taking these, but the pain is unbearable. I hate being incapacitated. I've got things to do--clean, weed, sew, etc.
                    Lisa

Comment

Don't forget back rubs! They also help relieve the pain. Hopefully you have someone to do this. The ice and heat are the best too. Again it helps to have someone to help with this. They put ice on first and then as hot as you can stand wrung out hot towels. Then Ice, then hot towels. They did this to me in hospital and it was so helpful. They did it for about a half an hour. I heard the muscles pop and then relax. It is amazing. In two hours they did it again. Try it you'll like it. It put me to sleep. Hugs, Jan L
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I feel for you, this is never a nice situation. I've spent the last few years strengthening my tummy muscles to avoid just this problem since it is the tummy muscles that support your back and a couple kids later mine were not so good. The hot/cold packs are good but if it doesn't come good soon it may need some help. I don't know what your services are like there but I have found that acupuncture works miracles on spasmed backs. Combined with a bit of gentle phsyio massage you will be on your feet and running in no time. And this advise is from someone who has nightmares about needles, I am seriously allergic to them in all forms but acupuncture really is too good to ignore.
                        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Oh Lisa , really sorry to hear about your back, I've been there too and it's not fun. It always seems to happen when you want or need to do a bunch. I agree with the rest ice and moist heat are the best to get it back to feeling better. Praying for you to have a speedy recovery.
                          Mary
                          A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Lisa, If after a few days you are not feeling better, please see a doctor or chiropractor. My heart goes our to you !

Comment

@Carol-Ann, when I woke up today I could hardly get out of the bed, I was thinking about call a chiropractor, but I've never been. It seems everyone I know that goes to one, had to go many times. I want a quick fix--will I feel better after just one visit?
                              Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X