Sunday Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Success

It's been a great day today! DH helped me totally empty my combo office/music/sewing room. Found a great little three drawer bureau (it was actually at the curb for trash pickup tomorrow - WHA?!? It was in perfect shape and totally able to be repurposed!) , got it painted and pretty paper lining the drawers, got the ironing board top done. (The disorganization was getting to me, I had plastic bags everywhere!!) There was a method to my madness, FOOTBALL at 7PM, heh, heh! Musical instruments hung on an interior wall, office squared up. And I'm now basking in the glory of a totally organized room! OH, forgot the track lighting and the design wall, big whoop there! Dinner is finished (cheated homemade chicken pot pie, leftover chicken is the bomb!) Getting caught up here on the Forum, and getting ready to brew my fave tea and hit a lick on the machine!

What is it about ripping out a room, and reorganizing it to acommodate your addictions that makes you grin like a monkey?

grin like a monkey.jpg
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Re: Sunday Success

I want to see pictures of your new repurposed/saved/junk/painted cabinet! And I have a question: what is hit a lick? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FabStripper View Post
      I want to see pictures of your new repurposed/saved/junk/painted cabinet! And I have a question: what is hit a lick? lol.
      LOL, "hit a lick" is a Texas term for tackling a job, chore, addiction, e. g. sewing! Will try and post some pics manana.
      What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

We want to see pictures of the whole room!
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Funny you posted this, today I started to same thing, didn't even put a dent in it. No help, wouldn't even ask DH for it. It's my mess he'll say. Do I dare take pics, naa
          Maureen 

Comment

Sounds like you had quite a productive day today.
            I wish I had a room for sewing that I could organize.when I do and finally have it all done, it would be the inner peace you feel when you can sit down with that cup of tea ,look around and go ahh....Then I would smile.
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Oh want to see I am starting to clean out my craft room to make things fit and was thinking I have this small dresser that I bought when my daughter was born 19 years ago lol that just might work for the same purpose!
              Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

What a great day, great feeling, to accomplish so much. I would be grinning too. Congratulations!
                sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Working...
                X