• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Navas
    replied
    Re: Tuesdays are Terrific

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
    Praises for old barns! and the treasures they hold. We are installing a new doorway to the new bedroom to the old bathroom, so we can swap the master bedroom and the living room. Our home is almost 100 years old. Couldn't find a door anything like ours. Decisions, decisions. On a hunt through the old barn............wala!!! a door that matches AND is just the right size, too. Yeah! With a refinishing...............and tons more work to all the rooms involved...............we will be on our way to moving our rooms! Now if only I had that Dresden plate quilt/bedspread done for that new bedroom!!!!! Never enough hours in the day!!!
    How lucky to be pointed in the right direction. You know, that's one of the things about older homes - people did some changes but they SAVED instead of loading the landfill down with things that could be recycled - or reused as in your case. Congrats! Now, take a deep breath and you'll find time to finish that quilt!!

Leave a comment:

• SuzyQue
    replied

Praises for old barns! and the treasures they hold. We are installing a new doorway to the new bedroom to the old bathroom, so we can swap the master bedroom and the living room. Our home is almost 100 years old. Couldn't find a door anything like ours. Decisions, decisions. On a hunt through the old barn............wala!!! a door that matches AND is just the right size, too. Yeah! With a refinishing...............and tons more work to all the rooms involved...............we will be on our way to moving our rooms! Now if only I had that Dresden plate quilt/bedspread done for that new bedroom!!!!! Never enough hours in the day!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by Txgrandma View Post
    Our 37th anniversary is first on the agenda today, a good dinner for DH and just spending quiet time together.
    H A P P Y A N N I V E R S A R Y !!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Txgrandma
    replied

I love that song, the lyrics from that time was just simply fun. Yesterday I got quite a bit done on sewing my DP9 top and hopefully more today. Our 37th anniversary is first on the agenda today, a good dinner for DH and just spending quiet time together. Hope everyone is having a super great day.

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Hmmmm. I don't like the sleep deprivation idea, but the extra energy for house cleaning might be worth it, until you add in the fact that the steroids make me gain weight just looking at the photos of food in a magazine. I sooo do not need any help in making my butt bigger!

Jan take it easy and try to just rest even if sleep won't come.
    Barb, we control the heat in our house that way too. We don't have AC since it doesn't get that hot here very often. At night we throw open all of the windows and put box fans in them to suck out the heat and pull cool air in. At about 5/6 AM we shut down all of the windows and blinds until the temps inside equal the ones outside at about 4/5 PM. By then we usually have some breezes some place to help out. If it gets really bad, we pack up and head someplace with AC or cool water!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by janluna View Post
    Good morning (almost noon). I've been up since 7 am. And have done 7 loads of wash. I'm bushed already. Love your post Blondie, and Sandy. You always cheer me up. I never got to sleep until 4 am. Steroids strike again! I have a terrible time sleeping on them. I'm hoping to take a nap this afternoon. We'll see. I doubt I'll get a chance to sew today.I just made the bed with fresh linen and took a bath. I'm hoping it will relax me enough to drop off. Love and hugs to all, Jan L
    Years ago the doctors put me on steroids - was on them for six weeks. I got about an hour or so sleep each night and managed to do everything from cleaning the corners with toothbrushes, to filing every piece of paper in the house alphabetically, to making woven shawls out of cob webs . . . you get the picture? I was so glad to get off those things! I wish you luck in catching up on your sleep, but I do think you fill find a lot of increased energy in there somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I'm groovin' with you girls on the music! It's hotter than hot here again. I have the house all closed up...looks sort of ghoulish in here, but it helps keep the heat out. I'm going to do nothing but goof off today...not feeling real spunky....talk to you later...Barb

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Good morning (almost noon). I've been up since 7 am. And have done 7 loads of wash. I'm bushed already. Love your post Blondie, and Sandy. You always cheer me up. I never got to sleep until 4 am. Steroids strike again! I have a terrible time sleeping on them. I'm hoping to take a nap this afternoon. We'll see. I doubt I'll get a chance to sew today.I just made the bed with fresh linen and took a bath. I'm hoping it will relax me enough to drop off. Love and hugs to all, Jan L

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Morning!
    Not much going on. I'm sure there is a list 42 miles long, but feelin' kinda icky, like I might have caught a gut bug. Just been doing what has to get done, and not much else.
    Blondie/Lenie: Never seen "Hair", but remember the song. Fun sing-a-long thing, but the words look weird all printed out!
    Sandy: I think we have those songs playing here too! Our favored reading material also consists primarily of things that rhyme!
    Trish: have fun treasure hunting!
    Nancy: More power to you! I have trouble with my own stuff even when I read the directions 16 times!
    Sewsoft: Enjoy the cooler temps! That goes for anybody who's getting a break from them!
    For those who haven't checked in, or are just lurking...Have a GREAT day!
    Cathy

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Hi all! Yesterday I tried to find inspiration to do some sewing but everything I looked at I didn't want to do. Sometimes I just need to pick something up and start working on it. Not like I don't have enough unfinished projects to work on. Going to make myself work on something today. I know it will get me fired up!
    Buh Bye for now....

Leave a comment:

• sewsoft
    replied

It's finally a cooler morning here at 66 at 7:46 am it's been in the 80's by now. Have a good day everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

I LOVE Hair but never saw the words written out or I may have recognized that. I'm kinda stuck on songs like "Bill Grogan's Goat" or "Ooey Gooey Was a Worm" or "Mare's Eat Oats" . . .

I can't believe what progress I made yesterday - I was in my sewing room before 8 a.m. (Usually don't crawl out of bed until then!) and worked until way past mid afternoon. Clipped a lot of the ragging on the top half of the quilt top last night . . . hopefully I can get the bottom half finished today and finish the clipping in the next couple days. Talk about repetitive motion injury!

Woke to all the windows being covered with the dumhiddity . . . I am afraid to look see what the humidity level is but it must be over 90% the way the windows are dripping. Al and I were commenting last night that it was only 24%. Where did this come from?

Everyone out there have a great day. Stay away from snakes and thingies!!

Leave a comment:

• Lenie
    replied

Oh yes! I do know that song! Earlier this year I've been to the musical Hair! LOVE that music!

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

Oh Blondie, I remember that song!

Trish, sounds like you had fun yesterday and more today.

Just working for me. Also going to a friends after work to help her figure out her new all-in-one printer. I hope I can help her.

Have a great day,

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

I wondered what those words were! haha! That water looks refreshing.

Had a wonderful time with my friend from New York yesterday. I think we hit about 6-7 quilt shops. Didn't get too much, a piece here and a piece there.
    Off to spend the day with my younger sister today. We are going to a flea market they only open on Tuesdays and then off to get her a
    new baby kitten. I'll get kitten kisses!
    Have a wonderful day everyone. I hope it's cooler where you are.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X