Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Monday!

Happy Monday, Ladies!!

I have felt like a slug this weekend. Yes, I got some things accomplished, but, the heat and I do not agree with each other. It is a long standing disagreement. It is difficult to understand who wins. Actually, since the invention of a/c I have to admit to winning a small battle but not the war. The heat just wears me out and I want to sleep! Not a very productive thing, I must admit.

I did get some more berries picked, along with tomatoes - didn't I tell you that they seem to all come in at the same time despite our staggered plantings? I am in the process of making some more soup, sauce, to go into the freezer for the time being. We will have some homemade salsa this evening. Oh, it is good. Even though I do more than swelter, the reward is in the freshness that only homemade can offer. I made some blueberry muffins up this morning before the sun was up. They go so well with coffee.

Sis will be here directly and our Monday will start in earnest. She has been working on a yo-yo coverlet for her queen size bed. It is turning out nicely. I am still working on two quilts, enjoying the hand stitching. You've seen one - the pineapple blossom - and the other has no name. It is just a block with rounds and flowers I am appliqueing on certain blocks. Kinda fun, although an applique-r I am not. Still, it will be a unique one of a kind.

Have a great day, ladies! Stay cool. Sandy, we want more rain, get dancing! Just remember, do the rain dance, not the storm dance . . .
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Another Monday!

Headed to Lancaster today - anyone need anything?
    I must have done the rain dance in my dreams cause we are to get some more today sometime. The poor flowers and gardens are soaking it in from last night. I hope this helps with the humidity the next few days.
    I was playing around last night with a playlist for music and cannot figure out how to post pictures or my playlist on my personal blog. I did start a blog back in the late winter or Spring and then decided that it's a good way for me to vent sometimes, so I made it personal so noone can read it, but me. It's like my personal journal, only typed.
    Oh - please keep Odie in your prayers for a safe trip to Mongolia. He's to leave anytime between today and Wednesday with about 30 some other Marines and be there until sometime around the 17th of August. He says it's a NATO thing where a bunch of countries are getting together for training between the countries. This operation has been going on since 2002. He said the first flight is 22 hours. He seems to be looking forward to it. He is beside himself though cause what they don't take with them was supposed to be all packed in boxes and put in storage to keep anyone from getting in their room and taking their stuff. Now, there is no storage available and he has noone he knows enough to let his stuff with them while he is away. He asks me - mom, you know everyone all over - isn't there any quilters who live near here who would be willing to keep a few boxes? And I said I didn't think so. He has like 3 boxes. His roommate is getting out on the 9th and their moving their company to new barracks while he is away so he thinks his stuff will get lost. Anyone live near Camp Pendleton in California? I don't know what the other guys are doing with their stuff left behind. I suggested he rent a storage unit for a month. Anyways, I'll just pray about it and maybe a solution will come about. He said cars come in handy (which he doesn't have one) or else he could put it in there.
    Well, better scoot everyone. I scout out the quilty goodies out there and let you all know what I see. I have been trying to curtail my spending to pay some other things down so not planning on coming home with too much.
    Have a great day everyone and hope this heat curtails some for all that's been dealing with it.

Hugs,
    Last edited by quiltingtrish; July 25, 2011, 06:33 AM. Reason: typed more
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Blondie, when I was a kid I remember one year that we had a terrible drought. The roads around us were all dust about ankle deep. Crops were dying and it was hot, hot, hot. My brother, who is five years older than me, and my Li'l Sis, who is two years younger, and I made a concoction of fermented stuff - perhaps corn, perhaps sap from a grape vine . . . I don't remember. But, I do clearly remember our Mother helping us pull some barrels out to the driveway and putting some metal over the top. We then sprinkled the metal pieces with part of this fermented concoction and beat on it with sticks while doing War Hoops and dancing like we thought Indians should dance. And, it rained that night! Maybe I need to try that again . . . now if I can just find the right recipe. Oh, I could fill you up with stories of my childhood.

Trish, wait up a bit and I'll join you for a trip to Lancaster. Wish I were there with you. Wish I was in CA to store Odie's things for him. Unfortunately I can't help at this point. I know what you mean about paying things down. I was in really good shape until I decided I needed to splurge on my LAQ. And bless Al's Li'l Pea-Pickin' heart, he never blinked an eye . . . well, not in my presence.

I did get work done on my rag quilt yesterday - made a recovery from the miss-cuts on the HSTs. This quilt is going to be a whole lot bigger than I had originally planned, but I think it will be within limits . . . DUH! Sometimes I work through things just by the seat of my pants . . . I need to stop that. Hopefully I'll be able to get a reasonable picture today so you can see that it is coming together.

Anyone heard from Paula lately? Where's Jan L? We need an update on Gina - I miss her a lot. Rebecca - is she still on vacation? Who have I forgotten? I've probably scared everyone off with all my nonsense and drivel . . . sure hope not. Sending prayers for a safe passage for Odie, hugs and prayers to all who need them. Check in and let us know how you are coping with the heat.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Blondie, I can't take the heat either. Luckily we get much less of it here than you do.

Trish, my prayer for a safe deployment for Odie. Wish I could help with his stuff but I'm on the wrong side of the country.

Sandy, all drivel is welcome here....hehehe. Love your stories.

I'm back to work for the week. Have a lot to get done because we rent our camp out for August so next weekend is our last to get it ready - painting, cleaning, etc. I also made a table runner for the lady who is coming and I need to quilt it. Just going to tie it because I don't have time to mess it up with FMQ and start over. But, where or where is my embroiderly floss which I haven't used in years - I don't have time for a trip to JoAnn's this week.

Have a great day,
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Blondie, I can smell the coffee and muffins from here!! Though I don't drink coffee, I love to smell it. Just never could acquire the taste for it. It's good to see you online again. Give hugs to Sis and tell her some time we three need to get together and get some mud between our toes! Have a great day everyone! Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

A quick check to see what I am missing in the MOSTAR world......lots! I am off to grout the mud room floor..........the last 1/2. If I squint just right, it kind of looks like sashing between quilt blocks~....but the texture is way off! Oh, to have time to sew and quilt~Everyone have a great day. Prayers for Odie....sorry I can't help with his storage problem. Sandy----dance for rain for us, too!

Comment

A bit cooler here today-mid 80s. I'm hoping for a trip to Holmes county today or tues. Haven't been down there for quite some time. Finished the last of my fair entries over the weekend. Everything is pressed, packed and ready to turn in next week. i have a couple "almost done" quilt tops waiting for me but I doubt i'll get to them for a bit.

Blondie i wish I could send you some of the rain my area has been having. We've had some serious flooding in areas that never had issues before.
              β€œWhat we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

So good to be back home after a long weekend visit to Michigan for my family reunion. Haven't been to one in over 20 years and can't believe how old they have all managed to get since I haven't aged but a few years! It was held at my cousin Julie's summer home in the most beautiful spot on a local lake! My brother from Florida came and it was so good to see him. He continues to tell me my room is available whenever I want to move there.
                I dragged ("guilted" as my daughter put it) all my kids to it. BF enjoyed it very much and was very amused by the "business meeting". He is mexican and they pretty much have a family renunion every week so he was amazed that we all had to announce what and where each family was and what they were up to.
                I spoke to several cousins in charge who liked my idea of making a signature/name block quilt and make it a traveling quilt so someone new had it each year to enjoy.
                We had a nice stay at my oldest son's house and he also lets me know the door is always open. I left feeling so loved!
                Saturday morning I got to babysit my 6 year grandaughter, Kaylee and I have agreed to make her a bandana skirt and library book bag, which she informed my I could "wrap in a little package and send it with stamps all over it" so the guy that brings the mail could drop it off at her house. I am off here and onto a search of where I saw the bandana skirt tutorial. Hope I saved it!
                We did get 8 inches of much needed rain during the time we were gone and I came home to 3 big ripe tomatoes in my little garden!! Can't wait to enjoy them tonight! Hope everyone who needs rain gets some soon!
                Baby Gabriel (BF's new grandson born last week) is schedule for his heart surgery the end of this week. We stopped at the hospital about an 45 minute drive but on our way last Friday, and got to scrub up and touch and hold the little guy's hand. Please say a little extra prayer for him if you get a chance this week.
                Thinking of everyone and wishing you a beautiful summer week!
                Patti
                "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I have online friends on another forum that are in California and I copied and pasted your plea and hopefully one will be able to help if it is not too late.

Comment

Hi everyone! I have the best news. I don't have Scabies!!!! I have Lichen Planus. They put me on steroids(I have to take 12 a day for 6 days, then work it down to 0) And the best part, I'm not contagious!!! I can see Emily and my other granddaughters!!!!! Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers and helpful hints I received. I am so relieved I don't have BUGS!!! yew!!
                    Patti I will pray for your little one and his heart surgery to be perfect.
                    Trish my son John is in Pasadena, I'll contact him tonight and see if he can store Odie's stuff. I will be praying for Odie too.
                    Blondie, I'm coming to your house for breakfast. I love blueberry muffins and coffee.
                    Sandy, Gina is very happy and so is Abbey. She would be online but the motherboard went in her computer so she has to wait to get another one. She sends her love to all. Paula is doing fantastic!
                    She is healing well and off chemo. That made her happy. She thanks everyone for your prayers.
                    Love you all, Hugs, Jan L
                    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Jan - so glad they weren't what you thought! Steroids huh? That means you can hit a mean baseball right? LOL..so glad you can see the DGDs. How is Emily doing? I've been gone and need an update!
                      So glad Gina is well and they are both happy. That girl has been to hell and back, she deserves her share of happiness!
                      Glad Paula is on the mend too. Thanks for the update on both of them.
                      Thanks also for your prayers for little Gabe. It's so hard when it is an innocent baby as you well know!
                      Take care of yourself!
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

My goodness, lots happening with everyone. So I'll keep it short. We had beautiful rain storms all day yesterday that cooled us all and watered all the plants, yards & wild-life. So 80's don't seem too bad after a week of almost 100's.

Am doing well and trying to get my quilt top quilted. Just Straight Lining it, but it takes alot of time...and I haven't even started putting the top & border together. I'll be flyin by the seat of my pants on that part.. measuring twice!! before cutting.

Hoping everyone stays well, gets better, and has a great week. I've gotta get some housework/cleaning done soon. Dogs shedding enough fur to make another dog and a couple of cats... never ending fur balls hiding around here. "Did I tell ya I was Allergic!"
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                          I don't have Scabies!!!! I have Lichen Planus.
                          Does that only grow on your north side? Thank goodness it's not scabies. I've never had them, but reading about them it reminded me of chiggers, only worse. Be aware that the steroids will more than likely make you moody and want to eat more. Such lovely side effects of drugs that are supposed to help us.
                          K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Patti, sending prayers for little Gabriel.
                            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I have a lump in my throat from all the good news!!!!
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                              X