X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubby
    replied
    Re: Husbands can be so funny

Fortunately for my DH there's a good quilt shop in Springfield where I can spend hours while he's at Bass Pro a mile away. Not sure if he's more worried about me in the quilt shop with our credit card or me worrying about him being at Bass Pro with the checkbook!! Barb
    Last edited by Bubby; July 25, 2011, 02:04 PM. Reason: text disappeared

Leave a comment:

• Kaisa
    replied

Originally posted by twnkeyes View Post
    When I started quilting my husband said, "So you buy brand new fabric and cut it up and then put it back together???" I laughed because that's exactly what we quilters do!
    My husband asked me exactly same thing

Leave a comment:

• Txgrandma
    replied

We took a trip this weekend to visit my hubbies dad and uncle who have been in bad health. One conversation we had on the way was him telling me about different things he has programmed into our GPS. He started out with hospitals, pharmacies a few of our favorite resturants and then he said Joanns, I was so surprised my first response was AWESOME. He just looked at me and grinned from ear to ear. Of course he also programmed in Cabelas for all his fishing gear etc., he really is a very sweet fella. Now if we can program in quilt shops in general, have to check that out, I'm almost sure there is a way. LOL Have really enjoyed all your fun stories about your hubbies, they really do make things more special don't they.
    Last edited by Txgrandma; July 25, 2011, 01:54 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Susan M
    replied

Thanks Mary. I am fine about my decision. My two grown children are very supportive and can't understand why it took me so long. I appreciate the offer more than you know! BTW congratulations again on winning the weekly give-a-way.

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

Susan...I wasnt lucky enough to meet my prince the first time around, but he sure was worth the wait! Hang in there...and if you need a friend to talk to or a shoulder to cry on, I'll be here for you!

Leave a comment:

• Lisaau
    replied

Has it dawned on him that the abbreviation for "DH" had two meanings depending their behavior rofl !!!

Leave a comment:

• meemeecyn
    replied

Thanks for the laughs! My DH is learning right along with me....whether he likes it or not! He listens to my challenges and then tells me 'if you want it perfect, have a machine do it in a factory"! That has helped me realize to loosen up a bit. He enjoys hearing the stories I share from my Quilting Friends around the world, too....mostly related to the weather in other areas!! Although he likes the finished products, his eyes start to glaze over when I talk about quilting technique that went into the project.

Leave a comment:

• Susan M
    replied

I am enjoying your funny husband stories. Nothing funny about mine! Hopefully my divorce papers get filed soon and I will be freeeeeee! Anyway, it is certainly nice to read these stories and see what a husband is suppose to be like. Thanks for the laughs guys.

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

I mentioned I was working with a jelly roll and since he thought it was something to eat, he wanted one too. Was he ever diappointed that it wasn't food.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Martha, that is so cute.... your "DH" knows he's a DH ...
    I often share what read in postings with my husband too. I think he became a real quilting dh when he came in from the mailbox and said, "Honey, you just got a jelly roll in the mail."

Leave a comment:

• quilter.martha
    replied

My husband is so wonderful; he never says a thing about what I spend. In fact, he encourages me to spend! Wow! I feel the guilt, but he says, "you do so much for others and give it away, just do it!" I'm very thankful for him.

I'm curious, but do you share postings with your hubby? I sometimes read things to my DH and he has picked up some of the jargon and abbreviations. He gets a good chuckle out of some posts and has started referring to himself as my "DH".

Leave a comment:

• SusanB
    replied

Originally posted by janluna View Post
    Mary, my husband keeps asking me why we call the precuts by food names. LOL I told him we were all on a diet and thats how we survived! He just shook his head and said "Women"! Hugs, Jan L
    My husband asked the same question, and then he renamed Charm Packs to Sandwiches!

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

I always know when my husband wants to go fishing on the weekends, he will ask me if I need anything from the LQS or the J store. I dont mind his over night fishing trips if I have enough supplies and he takes the kid with him! LOL

Leave a comment:

• twnkeyes
    replied

When I started quilting my husband said, "So you buy brand new fabric and cut it up and then put it back together???" I laughed because that's exactly what we quilters do!

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

My hubby is a huge fan of mine also. In fact, he will embarrass me by asking what someone thinks of a quilt I've made. When I last went to the LQS to leave a couple of quilts for LAQing, he said to the clerk. ... "So, what do you think of my wife's talent ...(with a big ol smile on his face). He is very supportive and almost never complains about how much I spend on my quilts. You notice I said, "almost" never..... because if I make tooooo many quilt shop visits close together he will complain. The funny part is, he's gotten into the habit of asking if I have any packages coming in the mail. I think the answer is yes about half as many times as it is no. Hugs all of you .......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X