X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Morning hellos

Howdy do Ladies

Hot, muggy and more on the way.

I stuck a huge bag of tomatoes in the deep freeze to work on when it cools down some. I can't stand the thought of canning, blanching - anything involving HEAT right at the moment. Wish I could say the same about the cucumbers. I have a feeling some hot dog relish is in the mix for me this weekend. At least that is quick and easy.

Off to work - I dawdled around too long this morning before sitting down here. I love early mornings in the backyard under the oak with my coffee. Daydreaming is my specialty.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Thursday Morning hellos

Good Morning. Well I think we are finally catching up with the rest of you. We expect temps in the upper 90's and even over 100 today with high humidity. That is very unusual around here. This sure seems to the a year of extremes weather wise.

Busy busy at work. DH has to begin the prep (YUCK) for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Hope everything looks okay.

Have a great day. Stay cool,
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

The prep is the worst part of that procedure. Your DH will be in my prayers for a good report....Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Blondie.
        Canning is a hot proposition at best - glad to hear your are putting some things on hold at least temporarily. I decided to wander around this morning before it gets too hot and came face to face with a nasty copperhead snake behind our garage. He took one strike at me and boy did this grandma hightail it out of there!!!! That got my circulation going!!!! The rest of this story is not pretty, so I'll spare you the details. I'm off to work on some binding....wishing you a great day....Barb
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hot hot hot seems to be the conversation these days. We are expecting temps in 100's with the humidity. I don't have air conditioning either. Stay close to the fan I guess.

Still working on the repair of the quilt. Lots of work to be done. Sitting at the kitchen table under the fan works best for me.

Stay cool everyone.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Oh my gosh Barb! I wouldn't step outside again for the remainder of the day. I once almost stepped on a sidewinder in the CA dessert when I was a young teen. Scared me to death and I spent the remainder of our trip inside the camper. I HATE snakes, especially poisonous ones.

It's hot here, too. Unusual as Nancy said for New England to have temps reach 100. Don't know how I'll spend my day--probably looking for some AC as we don't have any. Actually I'll be spending some time at the doctor's with my DD. She has to have a MRI today. She's been having trouble with her clavicle "grinding" on something, probably another bone. It's quite painful and PT has not really helped, and the doctor is stumped. So they're gonna look deeper for something that might be causing the problem. If the MRI comes out clean I may have her go to a chiropractor. She is only 20 and is working hard on a nursing degree. She's gonna need her strength in that type of job, so I pray there is some definitive outcome today.

Stay cool everyone as best you can!
            When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Yup - cool is the word for the day! And tomorrow and the next. I don't even want to go down to church to copy the bulletins until Saturday morning cause it's darn hot in there without AC available. Come Sunday mornings, if it's so hot you can't breathe, I don't attend. I get my morning reading in here at home. Kitties were out and did their exploring - now in for the rest of the day.

Sewing is a good choice to stay inside - drink your water if you must go out. Wouldn't hurt to have a bottle beside you in the car too.

Did I mention DH is home from Georgia? Came in at the wee hours of the morning yesterday. Brought home a large cardboard box of sewing things - lots of threads, needles and such. A really neat old pin cushion that looks like a little bucket. Never saw one of those before. Dh's sister saw the box and insisted that it come home for me. Must thank her.

Well, have a great day everyone. I'll check back in later to see what you are up to.

Snakes alive! I hate them too. Glad you didn't get attacked by it.

Hugs,
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Will be thinking of you all with the medical procedures and chores tests. A tough time with all this heat! I keep reminding myself how yuckky it was this winter with the snow, ice and cold. Somehow, that doesn't help too much in this heat wave. So very grateful we can migrate to the air conditioning and sewing machine.
                Have a great Thursday everyone!

Comment

Yikes Barb! I hope no one got hurt and the snake is gone. The worst we have here on our side of the mountains are garter snakes, and they are good for a jump only because they wait to shoot off until you are right on top of them.
                  We have some nasty spiders, but I haven't run into too many of those. YUCK!
                  I am praying for a let up of the heat and drought for you all.
                  Unless I go to the produce market or Eastern Washington, I won't have anything to can. Our garden isn't going to do it this year. The pole beans are about a foot high, the carrots had a big patch die out, the zucchini flowers are rotting off, and the strawberries are molding before they ripen. (Big, hairy, grey stuff, yuck!) My perennial herbs and peas seem to be the only things that are surviving.
                  Off to speech therapy with Em and then home to let the neighbor's yorkies out. (Firefighter & his wife. He works 24 hour shifts and she sometimes has to travel for her work. Em & I let the dogs out and feed them in the afternoon & evening on his shift days.) We will probably let the baby goats outside into the big pen today for the first time. That should be fun to watch! I may even get to some sewing later, unless I can convince the squirt to take a nap! Oh, I can wish!
                  Take care! Cathy
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Yep hot and muggy here. Supposed to be the worst today. I'm slowly checking things off my list, binding done, smocking done on baptism bubble. now to bravely go to the attic to finish it. I should be able to get most done over the next couple days. It will be quiet here this afternoon. DH will be gone-judging fair projects- till late evening. we will be having planned leftovers for supper.

Blondie I don't envy you all your canning. That is a hot job even on a good day. I rarely can anything anymore. Grew up on a farm, my folks canned and froze EVERYTHING. As kids, we were expected to work in the garden as well and do our part "putting up" fruits and vegetables.
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Hi everyone, Try to keep cool today.

Comment

Working...
                      X