Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Hot One on the way - Tuesday!

Good Morning Ladies!

I sure didn't want to rise and shine this morning. Already humid outside. Went out to water my little veggie patch. It is about ready to give it up. This heat is too much for everything. I believe everyone else is in the same frame of mind. I really dread the power bill.

Hubs finished painting our bathroom. I have an observation to share. Why is it that I can give birth, cook meals, clean the house, plant the garden, cook and can the offerings, etc. all by myself (among every other thing a gal has to do) and my man needs my assistance painting a small bathroom that the both of us cannot fit into at the same time? I don't know how you gals with retired hubbies do it. Whenever my Luscious One is home, I get pulled off of whatever it is I am doing to help him - even if it is to say, Oh, you're SO smart. May I applaud your brilliance?? Sigh. I really do adore this man. Really I do. I can say that now that he is off to work this morning. Now I can finish what I started yesterday - oh wait, I forgot what it was I was doing!

All this painting has inspired my sis into finally getting some painting done at her house. Guess who gets to help? No, not her husband. If your second guess is me, you would be correct.

Off to find the coffee.

Have a good day, dear ladies. Stay cool, calm and for goodness sakes, collect yourselves. That's my mantra for the day.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Another Hot One on the way - Tuesday!

It's hot here as well which is what we expect in the Houston area but good grief, the combination of heat and humidity literally take our breath away.

My husband is the same, Blondie, he wants an audience or did. I cured him of it several years ago. I told him if he wanted me with him while he's doing jobs he had to give me something to do otherwise I had my own jobs (like the many you mentioned). Well, that seemed to work cause he didn't want me working on his car! I tell him all the time what a great guy he is, how much I appreciate him and his hard work whatever it might be and we are very happy!

Everyone have a great day!

Comment

Good morning. Yes hot and humid here as well although there is a lovely breeze at the moment. A lot of trees down around us here after a freak storm we had on Sunday. We are good here but a lot of people are still without power. Thank God it is summer time.

Well I decided to repair a quilt I had bought at an auction sale sometime ago. It is the dresden plate design but in bad need of repair. Man what a job. Then it has to get washed somehow without more damage. Not sure what to do about that.

By the end of the week I will be gone for a few days. Going to my husband's camp in the bush. No electricity, no phone.

As I am typing this I am also chatting with my son who has joined the American Forces to combat piracy. He is somewhere near Africa. It is so nice to touch base with him as we don't hear from him very often.

Stay cool everyone.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good happy and hot Tuesday morning! Yes, Blondie. I understand. You can do it, because you are a woman! Why do you think God made it for the females to have the babies??? If men had them, there wouldn't be any second children! haha! Kidding aside, I've been married for almost 42 years and we finally have figured each other out! I truly am blessed!
        Stay cool everyone.

Comment

Good Morning,

Ditto on the heat wave. Around here farm ponds are drying up and cattle are dropping like flies. No end in sight according to our weather people.

Yes, my DH also has the need for me to either help or cheer him on with his tasks. Yesterday he wanted to show me how his grease gun works "in case you ever need to use it" !??? He's the most hard working man I've ever known and I wouldn't trade him for all the fabric in the world....seriously. Let me take that back and rethink that statement..LOL!!

Blondie, I'm making your spaghetti salad today to serve with some chicken for supper tonite. I'm getting off here a cook before it gets too hot.

I posted a new thread this morning about my D9P quilt I just finished into the wrong section of the forum (MSQC Girls)....sorry. Would love to hear back from you....Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

ROFLOL.....Blondie, you nailed it right on the head!!!!! My dear, sweet husband used to only have 1 or 2 weekends off a month. I would clean, quilt, etc until it was done. Unlike your dear husband, my husband wants to go play golf. I can be hard at it getting things done around the house and the next thing I hear is don't you want to go to the course? Yes, I love, love, love this man, but understand what you are saying.

Comment

I was thinking of this the other day and Blondie's post just brought it back to the surface. There are three questions that always get a rise out of people . . .

1) When painting or papering a bathroom, do you remove the toilet tank and paint/paper behind it . . . or do you just fudge it?
              2) When you put a new roll of toilet paper on the holder, do you have it unwind to the back or the front?
              3) When you make your bed, to you put the 'right side' of the top sheet up or down?

I have my personal preferences . . .
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Good Morning Guilty Buddies!!

I don't know if it is the weather or a residual from the summer cold I was suffering from last week, but I have been nauseated for the last few days. I do believe it is heat related though - don't feel like eating much when it's so hot outside that you could fry an egg on the sidewalk. Al and I spent close to a hour in the pool early yesterday evening and it was delightful. Thought the grand kids were coming over but got a call that they were all too 'pooped to pop'.

Okay, quilting - that's what we do, right? Well, that's what I dream of doing but I'm not very proficient. I do dream a lot. Mentioned in another post that I'd made an error in calculating fabric for my penguin rag quilt. So, I made a special trip to Jo-Anns to get replacement fabric. Bought the black and white - only to come home, get ready to cut, and realize I needed the blue also. So yesterday I made another trip to Jo-Anns. They are going to start wondering about me coming in and out just about every day!!
                Maybe this afternoon I'll get the new blocks cut and get on with this quilt. It is going to be so darned cute and it goes together quick . . . now if I can just get my old body to cooperate.

Thanks to my dear friend SuzyQue, we are planning a stick party for the girls on Thursday afternoon. Afterwards it will be time in the pool and a weenie roast complete with S'mores. The girls have no idea what is in store for them . . . but, Nana and Papa do pay them for their help around the place.

Hugs to all my friends here!!

Comment

Happy, HOT Tuesday everyone!
                  Dropped my car off this morning for its annual inspection. Hope it doesn't take too much other than the 2 new front tires I know I need. I checked them with a penny awhile back (June) and posted to everyone to make sure they check theirs. I thought mine were fine. Until the car guy says 'you put the penny in the outer tread, didn't you?' Well, yes I did. You've got to put it in one of the middle treads where it wears the most.
                  Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids Sandy. Dear son, Odie, thought he was drinking enough and ended up in the ER on the 3rd of July. Got the ambulance and xray claims for that, it will be interesting to see how much the ER costs are.
                  Well, off for something productive today. Didn't get to the sewing yesterday, the heat is taking it out of me. So I must try today.

Have a great day everyone,
                  HUGS,
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                  http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                  http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Another scorcher here today. I think it is summer! I am looking at my list to be accomplished over the summer and wondering where did all the time go? I need to re-evaluate. Summer is disappearing quickly!
                    Blondie---I have a man like that, too, but I have learned to work around him. I just think what would I do without him! I am so lucky to have a husband that is such a great provider and can really do anything around the house, too. If I have to be slowed down in my tasks to keep him on his, then I just do. I doubt if it can be changed, so I change me.....that I can do! I made your spaghetti salad and was surprised by the volume! Will cut it down in the future, but WOW ! was it awesome. GREAT recipe. Thanks!
                    Monique--tell your son to be careful!
                    Sandy--1) remove the tank and do it right 2) so it folds over the top 3)right side up----we all have our preferences, but we sometimes want our way, not hubby's!!! Sometimes it is hard to realize they have a right to preferences, too......even those opposite ours! Have fun at the stick party.....at least you will pay them. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I find I eat a lot less when it is so hot outside......more protein, more little meals, more cool food. The payoff is I don't ache as much in the summertime and eating less would be better for me all year!!!
                    Have a lovely day ladies....and try to stay cool!

Comment

Hey Hotties, and that is meant literally! I comment about the heat but do not complain as those cold blustery days are just a blink away! I want to soak this up while I can!
                      Just watered my flowers and mini garden, both which are just doing beautifully I think because they are just the right size, not too big and not too small. My neighbors have some smaller pots with just single tomato, etc. plants in them and they look sad because I believe their pots are too small so they are either root bound or overwatered. Better keep my mouth shut, mine might just look like that tomorrow!
                      Prayers have been answered and BF's phone has been ringing off the hook with jobs! It has lifted both our moods and he suprised me with the news that he is taking me to my family reununion this weekend in Michigan!! One of my aunties passed away this week and there are only 2 uncles and 1 aunt left of my father's 8 brothers and sisters. I have only seen 2 of my cousins in the last 25 years so it will be a joyful reunion. My kids are going, which is wonderful because they don't really know much about that side of the family. I can't wait!
                      Since it is too hot to even be outside it is the perfect opportunity to quilt and I've been doing just that. A few days ago I read Sandy's comment (on one of Rhonda's posts in Show and Tell) talking herself into "getting off the computer and quilt!" and I took her advice. It is amazing how happy I feel when I am creating. Last night BF came home and found me singing out loud with Blondie's music track on her blog. I was kind of getting into it and did not hear him come in so he stood and watched me sing and chair dance as I was ironing stitched blocks. I am just grateful I did not have a hair brush microphone nearby!
                      Well, back to the business of quilting!
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingtrish View Post
                        Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids Sandy. Dear son, Odie, thought he was drinking enough and ended up in the ER on the 3rd of July. Got the ambulance and xray claims for that, it will be interesting to see how much the ER costs are.
                        You mean the military no longer picks up those expenses? I am so disillusioned with the lack of support given our military members who are out there fighting so we can keep our freedom.

Comment

I won't tell you that the University of Washington has determined that we have had approximately 78 minutes of temperatures at 80 degrees or above so far in 2011. It won't get there today either. I am worried about finding hay for this fall and winter. It seems that too little heat isn't that good of a thing. My garden isn't growing anything but pea vines and the strawberries are pretty much rotting before they ripen. Our other berries aren't growing or ripening very quickly. I don't think I'll get any raspberries and the blackberries will probably rot in the rain. They get moldy about the time they ripen in this weather.

Not sure how much sewing will get done today. We have snickerdoodles on the agenda for the afternoon.

Take care! Cathy
                          Be who you are and say what you feel
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh yes, Sandy - didn't mean to mislead anyone. I said 'claims' - I guess it's called a claim summary. His insurance through the military will pick up the charges.

Got a few high winds earlier and thought we'd get some rain. Not to be, I guess.

Well, have a good evening everyone.
                            Hugs,
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I just let out the breath I was holding. Thanks, Trish!!!

Started working on Em's quilt and got a phone call from DD wanting some immediate help. Ran an errand for her and then Em wanted to come home with me. I didn't get back to the quilt, but she did make two batches of no-bake cookies and learned a lot. She made peanut butter balls like her Momma used to do when she was that age (1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup powdered milk, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1 cup white corn syrup - mix, roll in balls and roll in more powdered sugar). She also made no-cook chocolate oatmeal cookies. I could sure use one now, but the rest of the girls came over to swim and there are NONE left - they did take the bulk home with them. I don't need the sugar, that's for sure.

I am totally fizzled and feel fried from the inside out!

Comment

Working...
                              X