Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray for Saturdays!

Good Morning Dear Ladies!

I can't believe it is another weekend. The days fly by so fast except when it comes to Fridays. I declare that is the longest day of my week! Of course, I have to work today but that is a fairly short one. And besides, I get to play with friends after work today. A dear sweetie friend of many years moved married and moved away - not far - but a couple of hours is a goodly distance. She still comes to get her hair done every few months and today is the day! Oh yippee! She is my last client of the day, then she & her sweet hubs will come over to my house. We are going to be berry picking and thinking of leaving the guys to do whatever they want to do while Donna and I get my sis, Cat and go thrifting! We feed off each other's ideas - y'all know exactly what I mean!!!!!! I am fortunate to have friends who will travel to get their hair done and stay with family or me for the weekend. It is such a compliment ~ makes me realize that doing hair has been one of the big blessings of my life. Kinda makes up for all the grouchy oldie goldies. If I ever get grouchy as I age, y'all have permission to slap the snot outta me! I really dislike rudeness, too, so add that into old age. Just cause you're old doesn't mean you can be mean!
    Okay, enough of that. No oldies for me today. YAY!

Hubs wants to make a jaunt tomorrow and I am going to see if there are any fabric stores there. Sigh. Obsessive, compulsive, yep that's me.

Katie, sorry that you have run into hateful folks. I know I love having you here! It seems that others feel the same way. I believe that the MSQC folks - Jenny, Sarah, our Al, Natalie, etc. have infused their own love for their families here and it shows. I can tell you if I felt hateful things here I would not come back! I haven't been on other quilting chat boards, only receive newsletters. To be honest I didn't know there were others. I am happy here and glad you are as well!

Jan!!!!!! Have missed you girlie! Scabies? That is horrible! I have heard of folks getting lice, bedbugs are on the rise and now to read this? Hope this med works for you. I can't imagine the nightmare of itching constantly. I know what I go through with chiggers or this past spring the poison ivy.

Okay ladies! Off to get ready for work. Have a great day!~
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Hooray for Saturdays!

No nastiness here (I hope - although I do get quite obnoxious frequently . . . I hope people can see through all that nonsense!!), and I am not itching at all. But, I had a tossy-turvey night and had a most difficult time sleeping. Then I remembered I'd forgotten to take my stomach meds for 3 days while I was sick. Ugh!!

I definitely want to go thrifting with Blondie, her Sis and her BFF. I have a BFF who loves to go thrifting with me, but we live about an hour apart and our busy DGKs keep us so busy that it is most difficult finding time to get together. I am definitely trying to break myself of hauling things home just because I really like them though - I'm going to need to start an e-Bay account or rent a storage unit!! . . . well, I'm not quite that bad. But I have taken to walking through the house and spying something and saying to myself "Sandy (sometimes I call myself that), Sandy just what were you thinking when you thought you had to have THAT?"

I just gave Al the shock of his life (well, maybe not THE shock). He is timing the swim meet today and I told him we had to leave in 15 minutes (as he sits in front of his computer in his bathrobe). Actually I was very wrong. He has over an hour to get ready and I was way off, timewise.

You can tell that I am not getting to the sewing room again today. Hopefully tomorrow though. I did manage to find the EXACT same prints for Emily's quilt and bought enough to replace the HSTs that I mis-calculated for. Excited to get on with it. The 'penguin' blocks are coming together and I'll soon be able to post a preview of what it is going to look like.

While I was out yesterday I picked up some square-based underlayment/stabilizer/quilter's cheat sheet stuff at J's. I am going to try doing a Log Cabin block by using it for foundation piecing - and see if I can sew straight lines.

Okay, I've bored everyone enough for the day. I am wondering how dear Jan would feel about sitting in a tub of Hellman's over the weekend. I do remember once when our oldest DGD was in preschool she came home with head lice and the Dr. recommended her head be lathered in mayo. It worked - wonder if it would smother mites????????

Hugs, good feelings, prayers, and joy to all!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Good morning Blondie and Sandy. Sounds like your day is pretty filled. I have a birthday party to attend this afternoon so today will not be a quilty one. Might go to the flea market just down the street and see if there is anything I DON"T NEED.

Have a great Saturday all.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Happy Saturday everyone!
        Today I am off to visit with some friends I only see once or twice a year. I am showing my Dresden Flowers tonight and donating 6 pillowcases for the Hershey Medical Center (the group is collecting them to deliver later). As I type, the pillowcases are in the washer so am waiting for them to throw in the dryer. Plus, I think I will throw on a 1" blue border on the Flower wall hanging while I wait. The pillowcases are quick and easy - thanks again Jenny! The tutorial came in very handy.

Well, off to do that quick border. Need to get a'crackin cause I am stopping at a huge flea market on the way. I make it a rule to only go flea marketing if it's on the way to somewhere else and I have the time. Especially this one since it's an hour away. Of course, next Tuesday, my sister is off and we are going flea marketing together that is over an hour away too, but, hey, it's my sister that wants to go and I would never turn down 'sister time'.

I'll check back in later tonight. Have a great day everyone!

Hugs,
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Well my Saturday is all but done but it has been good even though I didn't achieve a whole lot. DH phoned to say they were having a good time, he was on his way out for dinner so we didn't chat too long. Tomorrow I really must get some work done...wait it will be Sunday, can't work on Sundays, phew! Lol, maybe a bit of reorganising in my sewing room won't be too bad, it surely needs it.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.
          Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I finished the smocking on a jumper for GD yesterday then cut out the rest of the pattern pieces. I should be upstairs sewing instead of chatting here. I've been going thru my smocking patterns trying to find the baby ones . DD has about 5 weeks to go and is hoping for a smocked outfit. Tried to tell her she should learn to smock but she didn't buy it! since we don't know the gender I think i will just do a panel or two and have them ready to insert in the appropriate style bubble.
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
            X