Thank You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You!

Thanks for being such wonderful, helpful, warm people! This forum is fantastic and so full of knowledge and experience. I love all the photos you guys share, the tutorials and how friendly everyone is.

Not all quilting forums are like this as I found out yesterday when I tried out Quilting Boards. They deleted my first photo sharing post and edited another to remove all images. I couldn't believe it! It must be a forum full of quilt police.

So I'm so grateful to have a place like this and people like you. Thanks!
    Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
    Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
    Pinterest

Re: Thank You!

Awww I'm sorry to hear that Katie, but you are always welcome here. These lovely ladies have been so kind and welcoming and they put up with all of my questions. Hope you have a great day.... hugs
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I agree Katie! With not many friends in my area (and NO quilting buddies at all!), this has been a wonderful place for ideas, inspiration and friendship with some very caring people!
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

You are more than welcome to hang with us. I have met some wonderful quilters on the site.....visit often. Barb
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Wowww ~Katie~
          Sorry to hear about your experience.
          Unfortunatly there are some Really (Mean; malicious; vicious) Forums out there.
          But remember... "Every Dog has it's Day"

~It's there Loss and our Blessing for the Knowledge and Talent you bring us Here~

"Don't Worry.... Be Happy" toooo--too-tooo-roooo-rooo-
          that's song's been on my head All Week!

I LUV IT HERE!!!..Everyone here is so helpful and friendly and FUNNYYY!!

and BTW this is where We Met!
          and Thank-You for Inviting(aka challenge) Me to the SWAP.
          I'm Having a GR8 time making them and (showing them off to friends)...
          something so simple and jet so EZ to make.

toooo--too-tooo-roooo-rooo-

:icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

This is my quilting forum of choice!!

I also had a bad experience on another site....they were not newbie friendly at all Sometimes people forget they were new at one time, too.

So glad I found this site and all the great ladies and gents that are so quick and willing to share their knowledge with everyone!!!
            ~Mary
            As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgurl4 View Post
              Wowww ~Katie~
              Sorry to hear about your experience.
              Unfortunatly there are some Really (Mean; malicious; vicious) Forums out there.
              But remember... "Every Dog has it's Day"

~It's there Loss and our Blessing for the Knowledge and Talent you bring us Here~

"Don't Worry.... Be Happy" toooo--too-tooo-roooo-rooo-
              that's song's been on my head All Week!

I LUV IT HERE!!!..Everyone here is so helpful and friendly and FUNNYYY!!

and BTW this is where We Met!
              and Thank-You for Inviting(aka challenge) Me to the SWAP.
              I'm Having a GR8 time making them and (showing them off to friends)...
              something so simple and jet so EZ to make.

toooo--too-tooo-roooo-rooo-

Totally how I feel too! I've met so many cool people on this forum, they are welcoming to newbies - what more could you ask for?
              Pinterest

Comment

Personally I think this is the most fabulous place to be. I wish we could all get together somewhere and have a party. Maybe we could have a web party. I would love to meet each and every one of you in person but alas it is not to be. So I shall hold you all in my heart instead. Ok I am going to make myself cry here. Love you all my quilty friends.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

DITTO!!!!!
                  I love this "place" and all the folks and all the great info and support we get here!!

Now would someone tell me to get OFF this time sucking machine and DO something like sew, clean, take a shower just something other than sitting here reading!!!!

Hugs to you all and God Bless.
                  Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                  THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                  :lol:

Comment

I agree, Katherine. I feel so blessed to have my support system extended electronically by such great people!

Comment

Hmmmm. Maybe we should all start planning a five year anniversary party. That would give us all some time to plan and save for the trip. Would Hamilton, Mo ever be the same if we all showed up for a weekend? Have a huge "Thank You" party for all of the folks at MSQC. With out them, some of us would have never met and that would be a sad, sad thought.

Something to think about....
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Glad you eventually found your way to our group. It is indeed a great place to stop and rest a bit, get inspired, chat and laugh. We are all quilting friends here. Welcome!
                        Susan

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
                          Hmmmm. Maybe we should all start planning a five year anniversary party. That would give us all some time to plan and save for the trip. Would Hamilton, Mo ever be the same if we all showed up for a weekend? Have a huge "Thank You" party for all of the folks at MSQC. With out them, some of us would have never met and that would be a sad, sad thought.

Something to think about....
                          Oh that would be so much fun!
                          Pinterest

Comment

Let me say as a new member on here I am so glad I didn't find another snobby forum first. It would have caused me not to look for another one. I don't know anyone here at home that likes to sew or quilt as I do so, I absolutely love being able to come on here and be excepted and welcomed. All the knowledge I find on here is so helpful and inspiring to someone just starting to learn the art of quilting. Thanks to women like all of you it will surely flourish for generations to come.
                            Mary
                            A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Originally posted by sewmuchjan View Post
                              DITTO!!!!!
                              I love this "place" and all the folks and all the great info and support we get here!!

Now would someone tell me to get OFF this time sucking machine and DO something like sew, clean, take a shower just something other than sitting here reading!!!!

Hugs to you all and God Bless.

happens to me too, all the time with this forum. I'm so glad I'm able to improve my English here, and everybody understands what I'm saying. Glad to belong to this quilting forum with all the experience and the hearthy welcoming
                              sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Working...
                              X