Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TGIF for July 15

Good Morning and Happy Friday everyone!

Hubs is just out the door to work and I am ready for some more coffee to go with my zuchinni bread. Usually we have a bumper crop of zukes but not this year. don't know why. We have certainly had plenty of other squash and cucumbers, etc.

What big plans do y'all have for the weekend? Hoping to putter around here quietly between work and possibly go down to Mom's to do some weeding. The heat wave will be back soon enough I am sure. I can't believe it is 85-88 and I think it feels cool! After this past week of high temps and humidity, it feels downright "fallish"

Big blessings to everyone this morning

Blondie

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: TGIF for July 15

Good Morning!

After work we'll be heading to camp. We have a spur of the moment block party tomorrow; so I've got to get that together. We are also staying through Tues. to do the shoreline retention project - have an Americorps group coming to work on the project. They got moved from Mon/Tues to Tues/Wed but we can't be there on Wed so I've asked if they can do us the next weekend but haven't heard back. The weekend would be best for us because then we could come back to work for Mon/Tues and since neither of us have an vacation time left, missing work is not the best option.

Anyway, it all will be exciting to see how it comes out. Oh boy! Another garden to maintain - my gardening enthusiasm has been waning the last year or so. I think quilting is getting in the way of gardening!

Have a great weekend...

Hugs,
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Today is our 45th wedding anniversary. Just a quiet celebration for the 2 of us. We're starting to get ready for a siege of surgeries in our family,which my husband , myself and my youngest daughter will start next month. I'm starting to think of smaller projects That I'd be able to do while recovering from shoulder surgery. It's hard to anticipate what Christmas will be like this year.

Comment

Good Morning.....Our plans for the weekend revolve around mowing and then trying to keep cool. It's even too hot to grill outdoors. Blondie, I hear you about 89 feeling cool! We really have pretty flowers this year but the heat is taking a toll on them. My Scotty, Molly, only ventures outdoors when she absolutely has to and then wants right back indoors. She hasn't chased a rabbit for two weeks or longer. Our zucchinis are not doing well either. It looks like we have blossom end rot.

Yesterday I cut out a tumbler quilt using the 5 inch template from MSQC. It fits perfectly on a 5" charm square with very little waste. In 20 minutes I had cut out a whole quilt....nifty tool.

My DH is urging me to buy a new sewing machine (!!!!!), so I tried out some Berninas while in Springfield earlier this week. Even the low end Berninas are a major investment, so I want to take my time and look around and compare prices before I take the leap. I would love to hear from Bernina owners on our site. It's fun just thinking about a new machine.

Y'all keep cool this weekend....TGIF!! Barb
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Terilynne, Congratulations on you 45th anniversary!!

I had shoulder surgery in January 2010. It takes a while to recuperate and get your range of motion back. My shoulder felt great after six months. While recuping I did a lot of hand sewing, but I'm right handed and I had surgery on the left side. I must have made 300-400 English paper pieced hexagons. My advice is to give yourself time to heal and get a lot of rest.

Good luck to your family and their surgeries also.....Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Wow Teri, 45 years is an awesome anniversary milestone, makes me feel like a youngster at 33 years this year. best wishes for your surgery as well.

Blondie I am officially a grass widow, I must figure out where that expression comes form....anyway I am home alone. DH and a friend have gone interstate, about 6 hours drive, for the weekend so I can slouch around in my robe and eat whatever I like whenever I like.

Trish you need to plant things that don't need to much maintenance then you can enjoy the beauty without the sweat and toil.

Barb my DH is also suggesting a new machine as a second machine, he feels my frustration when mine isn't working. I am leaning toward the Bernina, I have been seduced by the stitch regulator that is available on some of their models. I have not gone out to look yet, but I know the Bernina is a good machine as is the Pfaff but both are fairly pricey as machines go.

Have a great weekend everyone.
            Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Hi Everyone! I'm finally back! Our computers are working and online at last. Happy anniversary Teri. I have so missed being on line and not being able to say hi to my quilty friends. The only bad news I have is I can't see my grandkids cause somebody I came in contact with gave me Scabies. I have cleaned and washed in boiling hot water, everything including me. I have been rubbing Permethrin on me from head to foot and still they keep coming. Anybody have some good old fashioned home remedies? That work!?! This medicine is making me sick. And it's not killing these things. I am feeling bad about myself. And it has taken a lot of guts for me to tell you this, so please if you know of something tell me.
              Emily has taken another hit in her blood work and is down to 12000 on her ANC level. She is back to nutrapenic dieting, and the docs are doing several blood tests every week to see if she needs a blood transfusion. Her panic number is 11000. She is bruising easy again.
              I have missed you all so much. Love and hugs, Jan
              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

It's great to see you back Jan, I'm so sorry for your skin problem, makes my itchy spots seem mild, at least mine will go away by themselves. Sadly I don't have any answers for you. Prayers for Emily, it's so sad that such a young person should have to deal with so much in her short lifetime, hoping thinks improve for her.
                Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Thank you Lynn. I appreciate the prayers for Emily she is fighting a non curable disease. It's called Aplastic Anemia. We are fighting for remission and hoping she doesn't need a Bone Marrow transplant. Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Mixed feelings today. Jan, I'm sending prayers for a quick recovery - I just did some reading on scabies and was amazed that the female mite can live up to 4 weeks on a host. They recently had an outbreak at Mom's nursing home and advised everyone to stay away. Have you had treatment from a Dr. yet? And, prayers especially for little Emily. I cannot begin to tell you how much this tears at my heart. I cannot imagine what you and her parents are going through.

Congratulations to Teri and her DH. Al and I are following close behind you - we'll be 44 years in November. Couldn't have planned to share those years with a greater person. I hope you feel the same.

I really think Blondie and Nancy need to lift a few leaves on the zukes. I remember thinking mine weren't producing and I found huge ones hidden away that were large enough to hollow out for a canoe. They do make such wonderful relish though!! Oh, for those young days back when I had enough gumption to hoe a straight row and spend hours on my feet in the kitchen canning my beautiful bounty.

Combined efforts yesterday - Al, Sierra and I got the front yard mowed. Now if we can just find someone to get in here and bale it before it rains again. Emily came over for 'bout a half hour and helped me pull weeds in the front patio area. She only pulled up one plant so I have to give it to her. She really wanted to sit inside and watch cartoons and chalk it up as 'spending time with Nana'. She is a conniver for sure. She will grow up to be some type of arbitration person, a negotiator, or civic planner. And dear Michelle said it was way too hot out for her and she'd much rather sit on her butt and read a book.

I'm off to take the girls to swim practice. They have their swim conference tomorrow starting way early and then a family picnic on Sunday evening and they will be done with the meet until next year. But, five of the seven are scheduled to begin two weeks of swim lessons next week. I'm about all swum out!!

I have decided I'm making a special trip to find some complimentary fabrics that I can use in Emily's quilt to replace the 'too small' HSTs that I didn't plan for. I don't think I will have any problem finding something since I used several BOB and WOW fabrics. Something similar will blend right in. Now I just have to figure out how big I need to make the original squares to they will fit. Pull out my math knowledge.

Hugs and prayers. Everyone have a wonderful weekend.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Yes Sandy, I have had Dr. treatment. It is making me sick but I keep applying it. Ick! I'm on my 4th tube. The buggers won't give up. And as long as I have them I can't see my grandkids! It's killing me! I just pray I didn't pass them on to anyone else. I wouldn't curse my worst enemy with these things!

Comment

Jan is it possible you are being re-infested, have you checked everyone around you to be sure they don't have them?

Sandy if the maths fails you try playing with paper first, it's much cheaper to cut up some paper to see how it works out.
                        Lynn

Comment

Jan...being a nurse in a long term care setting for years, (in my pre-quilting days) the only tried and true treatment we had for treating scabies is Lindane lotion. Its by prescription. Rub your entire body down with it, (make sure to get inside the ears!) wait 24 hours and wash it all off in the shower. Then retreat in 1 week. Wash everything!! Rugs, curtains, teddy bears (Or bag them up in plastic garbage bags for 4 weeks) linens...even clothes that are in your closet in case you accidently rubbed against them while getting something out.
                          Its a lot of work...but sure beats scratching yourself to death, leaving scars or infecting someone else.
                          Scabies can be anywhere....I wouldnt doubt it if you picked them up froma shopping cart, door handle or any other public place. A true menace to society.
                          ~Mary
                          As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Teri Lynne, CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary. 45 - WOW! That's special. Good luck with all the surgeries coming up. I have had shoulder surgery and, although fully successful, it is a long recovery period. You won't be lifting anything (even your arm) for a while so plant some small projects that you can hand sew while holding them low in your lap. Lifting your arm even high enough for the sewing machine will be a challenge at first. Be good about doing your physical therapy. It really helps speed up the recovery. Chin up, when it's over you'll be glad because you won't have pain in your shoulder any more.
                            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Hello all!
                              Another lovely day and a Friday at that! I have been having trouble knowing what day is, a fall out from being unemployed, but I have made a note to check every morning after asking a neighbor if she was on vacation because she was home in the middle of the week. It was a Saturday! Geesh!
                              BF is off to work on a 2 day job (praise God) and I washed windows and curtains yesterday. Today I am just about done cleaning and then I HAVE to start this baby quilt for my next door neighbors baby!! I am thinking a simple 9 patch with borders as I have waited til the last minute.
                              My little barrel garden is growing well with 11 medium to large tomatoes on it! I am waiting for the morning glories I planted to have some buds but they are pretty curling up the fence and it all just makes me smile!
                              Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby Teri Lynne! Wish my ex and I had made it that long!
                              Jan - So happy to see you back on the forum! Hope you get cleared up of that nasty problem soon!
                              Sandy - hope your cold is better???
                              Lynne - I want to do something with H/s tri's and thank you for the paper tip. I was trying to figure out how big I should go to get what I wanted. Somewhere I have something saved with a chart, will have to look for it!
                              Blondie - good to see your first in line post! It always makes me smile to see your name there as I think you are the sweetest thing since Dairy Queen!
                              Off to finish my cleaning. I am sure I will check in later.
                              Patti
                              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Working...
                              X