Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Good Morning

Hey Ladies

Can't believe it Thursday; have to get ready for work a few long ones.

Sandy, hope you are back in the pink; Lynn hope your spots are no longer there, and everyone else stays Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Seriously Lynn, what other symptoms have you had? A few years back my daughter came down with something called fifth disease. She was working at a day care center and more than likely caught it there. However she was out of things for a few days, although the rash seemed to migrate down the trunk of her body. Nothing to do for it but rest and tylenol. Hope you get rid of the spots soon!

Okies, ladies - have a great day full of lots of sunshine. Send a wee bit of rain my way, please!

Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Thursday Good Morning

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone gets feeling better soon. Off to work for me. Also have to dig up some plants at a friends to use in the waterfront retention project happening at our camp next week. Busy, busy!

Coolest thing happened at work yesterday... the back of our building is only about 15 feet (or less) to the woods. I glanced out the window just in time of see a mama and baby moose walk by at the edge of the woods. By the time I grabbed my cell phone to take a pic and snuck out the front door their long legs had already taken them around the building's side and into the woods beyond the parking lot. No pictures to share. But cool none the less.

Have a wonderful day,
    Last edited by Loonwatcher; July 14, 2011, 06:45 AM.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Good morning.

Blondie don't work too hard and have a great day.

Nancy, pretty cool even if you weren't able to get pictures and you have a great day as well.

Well for those who wanted the pattern for the thread catcher, it is under "Show and Tell". I am thinking I will make another one to use beside me when I hand quilt. Not much on the agenda for today. Now tomorrow is different. We are having a quilt show for Victoria's Quilts over the next two days. Just to bring awareness to the group. Hope to get some pictures up for you all to see. Take care everyone and wishing all those who are not feeling well FEEL WELL SOON!!
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hello ladies. I am back from my son's wedding. Back to the real world and all its demands. Boy, this summer is flying by and my to do list is still so long! Off to run errands today and pick up my sewing machine (cleaning while I was out of town). Starting a home project, so less time to sew and quilt. URGH! but necessary and needed. So very hot and humid here now. I must enjoy....the snow will be flying before we know it!

Sandy, Lynn, ----and everyone else that needs it......get well quick. Nancy--what a neat thing to spot outside your work. Monique----I made one of your thread catchers (kind of modified) and take it everywhere I sew. So handy! I hope everyone has a great and productive day! SuzyQue

Comment

Good morning to you all, ladies. Thank you for the well wishes. I don't actually feel ill, but boy am I a sight and itchy. I managed to get to see a more experienced doctor today and he knew right away what the spots were. It is something called Pityriasis rosea, and rosey the spots certainly are, lol. Seems it is a virus based condition that occurs most commonly after an upper respiratory viral infection, like a secondary dose of the virus. I had a particularly nasty encounter with a virus a few weeks back so it makes sense. Add to the infection having lost two friends five days apart to metastatic breast cancer while I was still recovering and you can see why my system just did not cope and said woah, slow down. Well I'm well and truly slowed down now, can't go too far, putting clothes on is uncomfortable and irritates the itch, meh never liked clothes much anyhow, lol.

I hope everyone else is in good health...Sandy I'm still prepared to swap for the nose...I trust it is on the mend now. =)

Well I'm ready to head off to bed so have a lovely day everyone.
          Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Good afternoon from this spotted, drippy nose old lady. Well, I'm not quite spotted - haven't received the spots from Lynn as yet. It's a long way for spots to travel. I am definitely better. Thanks to everyone for their encouraging words. I did get up and out of bed today and took my dear Rita to her Fairy, Butterfly and Pixie class. She had a huge plastic heart necklace filled with pixie dust.

Came home and decided to tackle some weeds in the front patio area. I just can't do it!! I spent an hour out and may have to have another 24 hours in bed. Thing is I can't get down on my hands and knees so I have to bend over and after about an hour of that I can't stand up straight. I'm about ready to offer all my flowers up to whoever wants to come and dig and then mow clear up to the front of the house. I have two different scooters but one is way too low to the ground and I can't get back up off it by myself, and the other is too tall. I want my real knees back!!

Sierra came over and started mowing with Papa but the belt came off the mower. Al just went out to put it back on. Momma called and needed Sierra back at home, so I'm going to be outside in the sun for a while. We haven't mowed for about three weeks - it has either been raining or way too hot out. I love to be in the mower. But, I don't have much luck bribing the DGDs to pull weeds for me!

Anyone have a good recipe for a hot toddy to help me get rid of this residual cough . . . I am somewhat concerned about it turning into pneumonia.
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post

Anyone have a good recipe for a hot toddy to help me get rid of this residual cough . . . I am somewhat concerned about it turning into pneumonia.
              Strong liquor, Sandy. That's what everyone tells me.

Lynn, I have heard of that and I think it is one of those 5, 6 or 7th disease things folks speak of. Like your doc said, a byproduct of another thing. Hope you get rid of it soon. My DD had no itching but like I said a fever and her rash was all one big mass that seemed to move from one area to another. You are an exceptionally strong lady, I must tell you how much I admire your fortitude, attitude, etc. Being a giving person always seems to help too. You certainly are giving on here with your time, experience, etc. Big hugs!

Nancy, I have never seen a moose except in pictures/videos. I think they are such beautiful creatures. The Lord certainly made some extraordinary critters for us to ooh and aahh over!

Susyque, glad everything went well. Reality is always waiting, so take your time!

Was a pleasant day at work, the heat has abated here somewhat. I don't know what to fix for dinner; didn't take anything out. I told hubs, we eat like cabbages and kings one day and like poor white trash the next. Sigh. Thank goodness he isn't too fussy a person. I can still bat my eyes and stick out my lower lip and get my way if I think about it. LOL. He thinks that is cute and everything is fine and dandy. I think tonite I will make spaghetti salad and let it chill overnite. Always better in a day or two, like a macaroni salad.

Later, girls!
              Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post

I think tonite I will make spaghetti salad and let it chill overnite. Always better in a day or two, like a macaroni salad.
                I'm intrigued, Blondie please explain what a spaghetti salad is. I have come to learn that some of your food is the same as ours with a different name and some is just plain different. I like different ideas and ways of doing things and spaghetti salad sounds interesting.
                Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                  I'm intrigued, Blondie please explain what a spaghetti salad is. I have come to learn that some of your food is the same as ours with a different name and some is just plain different. I like different ideas and ways of doing things and spaghetti salad sounds interesting.
                  Hi Lynn
                  I will go and post my recipe under that heading. It is a nice refreshing meal when it is hot outside.
                  I wound up making BLT's sammies for dinner. Fresh tomatoes from the garden; mmmmmmmmm
                  Sewing mends the soul.
                  sigpic

~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Lynn---oh, take care of yourself, please. You have been under tremendous stress. I think it caught up with you, but do take care now!
                    Sandy---do take care in this heat. Not the time to pull weeds and you better hurry to mow tonight....the heat wave will be back tomorrow and for a full week, again. Sounds like your gd's have some pretty interesting classes to attend. What a wonderful grandmother you are to help so much. I hope you feel better soon. Sorry, I don't take alcohol to heal, so can't help you there. If I had known on the onset, I could have offered some herbal suggestions...maybe next time.
                    Blondie-----oh, fresh tomatoes sound heavenly. I think the BLT's were eating like kings tonight! I will try that salad. Sounds tasty!

Purchased dark green paint and 5 boxes of tile for the back porch/mudroom project today. Groceries are done and in. Errands ran. Swam a bit. We lost electricity for 3 + hours today, so the crockpot dinner is still cooking. (won't have to cook tomorrow now) We did burgers on the grill for dinner. Off to put sewing machine back in the cabinet and finish some sewing. Those shirts didn't finish themselves while I was gone to VA! Heat wave to reappear tomorrow for another week! It is a hot one this summer! SuzyQue

Comment

Thank you but no need to fuss on my account, I'll be fine, I'm kind of getting used to the curve balls that life has a want to pitch up. There was a lot of soul searching for a while after the funerals, a bit too close to home for comfort, but I have it back in perspective now. After breast cancer you tend to wonder when it will be back and where and how long you will have but I plan on seeing my grandchildren grow into lovely young adults. Positive is the way to face life, like the saying goes...when life gives you scraps, make a quilt!

Now I'm off to check out Blondie's recipe, oh and fresh tomatoes, my absolute favourite. A lot of thing from my garden never made it to the kitchen, lol.
                      Lynn

Comment

Sandy - try putting Vicks vapor rub on the bottom of your feet, put some socks on and go to bed. Supposedly it takes the cough out of you. Wouldn't hurt to put it on your chest too.
                        Oh - Lynn. I'm sorry to hear how uncomfortable you are with the rash. And I'm so sorry to hear you've lost 2 friends. That alone is alot of stress.

Kitty here is snoring away and think I am headed in myself. Have some material cut out for some pillowcases to sew up tomorrow. I've got 3 ready to go and the material I choose earlier today for some more - the pieces for the cuff and accent wasn't long enough. So I guess I need to head downstairs and look for something else that will work. I'm thinking I need a new pillowcase myself. Something Summery!

Come to think of it - reading about Blondies Spaghetti Salad, I forgot to eat dinner myself. I did make some chocolate chip cookies since I had a neighbor boy come over for me to babysit. They were quite tasty! Guess I ate enough that I wasn't hungry for something better. Oh well. What's a good day if you can't have cookies for dinner now and then.

See ya all tomorrow!

Hugs,
                        Last edited by quiltingtrish; July 14, 2011, 11:03 PM. Reason: typing more
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Cookies are good, chocolate is better...lol
                          Lynn

Comment

Working...
                          X